Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Website says 37 days, proper. But people in the February 2011 thread are averaging 27/28 days. People from Feb 16, 17 and 18 have gotten access to eCAS already.

Kimore

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
10-Dec-09
Med's Request
09-Feb-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
09-Feb-2011
Chukie, call for dropoff and pickup was 7 days.

waiting-for-a-star

Mar 5, 2011
tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 26, 10
File Transfer...
march 24,10
Med's Request
jan 12,11
Med's Done....
feb 11, 11
Interview........
march 30, 11/approved
Passport Req..
march 30, 11
VISA ISSUED...
april 13
LANDED..........
APRIL 20
kimore did there they ask you to bring pp, wen they ask for interview, or another time

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Hi everyone!

Been a min. since I have been on the forum. Just been chillin out at home, I will be 37 weeks pregnant tomorrow -full term. Likkle Tia can come any time now and will be good to go. Very excited and very DONE with being pregnant.

Hope everyone is hanging in there, I notice there has been a lot of questions and I think its great that there are people here that are able to answer - we never want a person going through kingston not to get an answer from this thread.

One thing that I love about this forum is that there has been a lot of friends made in the past and a lot of friends to be made in the future, the oldies stick around to help and the ladies and gents that are just starting to go through this are loving this site for the support they receive. This forum would not exist if it was not for those who have been there done it those who are going through it, and those who are about to go through it. Each and everyone of us play a seriously important role in this forum and are just as welcome and wanted and needed as eachother.

PLUR :)

waiting-for-a-star

Mar 5, 2011
tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 26, 10
File Transfer...
march 24,10
Med's Request
jan 12,11
Med's Done....
feb 11, 11
Interview........
march 30, 11/approved
Passport Req..
march 30, 11
VISA ISSUED...
april 13
LANDED..........
APRIL 20
thanks KC great words of comfort

Hope all goes well for you and tiana, I have a Tianna my self and she is an awesome girl from birth till now, so I know your tiana will be a joy to you.

have a safe delivery when that day comes, God will be there all the way :D :D ;D ;D

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Hello....

Charlie YES man that what those words means for true ...I want everyone to know that this place is and always was for me a Place i loved cherished and admired...I made freinds i laughed i cried I rejoiced ...Lord i did nuff in this place...Jeese man i carried everyone from the broke down mashed up thread from IMM.ca cause we had a likkle devil pan deh weh mash we all up ...Kc REMEBER lol?

i CREATED THIS THREAD AN EVERYONE FOLLOWED ME ...Thing is it warms my heart cause if i didnt come here and start this thread we all would havwe lost touch and to think us we ....and the now wouldnt be here right now...

Nae i know what a gwaan and nuh seh nuttin...Sometimes it hard fi let go of the past ..I know i struggled with it for a long time ...i am just starting to let go..

HF...baby good ...thanks for asking ..everyone else good good too...Just hanging in there ...Sickness is juist starting to let up....................Thanks the lord...nice to hear from you ...Oh and YAAD was sweet ...but one ting ...I was sick BAD...Oh well.. :p

KC ...hope all goes welll...and let usa know (me) how it goes ...Cant wait to hear!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
aw waiting for a star very nice, I love that name. So pretty.

For sure, God is good and has already blessed her nuff. Cant wait for her to come - the days feel really long right now but I know soon they will be flying by and before I know it she will be all grown up and I will be wondering where the time has gone. Every waking day is a blessed day regardless.

lol LCW, sure do remember her. Nothing can bring we down tho... we had strength in numbers!!

Will let all of you ladies and Gents know how everything goes with the baby... I know there are a leap of us who are pregnant right now, and I am sure I will have questions for those which pickney already.

Canuck :) love your vibes as always... forgot to mention that in the last post !! oh, and started my weave fund :)

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
KC....G2G...glad to know that ................Alli can say is rest up....LOL..

When i had my daughter i was soooooo excited for her arrival..she came I rejoiced ...beautiful memories...

BUT KC but once that baby girl come here SLEEP A NO LONGER A YOU TING!!!

Larks me never know ...

My mother always told me that ...never knew how true it was!!

Mi a pray fi you that she is a sleeper ..LOL either way your gunna have a BLAST ..I know i did...so thankfull i can have children ...it truly is a BLESSING!!

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
LOL...previously I said a few pages ago that I booked a flight sept 28th to go file everything in Canada...LOL LOL...I meant March 28th hahahahaha.....likkle correction there.

Maybe y'all will understand this.

Today I'm feeling an incredible sadness. There is so much stress in Jamaica when you try to live here and support a family and make ends meet...and sometimes that stress blinds me to how much I really love it here.

This is the only life I've known together with my family....we've grown and blossomed here...and for so long we've talked about filing and wanted to file and then in stressful times were desperate to file...but now that we are filing....a small part of it feels like a death sentance LOL.

LOL this is gonna sound wierd but somedays i think about how to convince immigration everything they need to be convinced on, and somedays I wonder if at the end of it all immigration is gonna have to convince me to leave LOL!!!

Today I was in town with my daughter doing a bit of shopping and walking around, and took her for lunch and as I walked around I passed people I knew and stopped and chatted, and hugged people I havn't seen around for a while, and I realized somewhere along the line this went from being a foriegn country where I stood out, to being home. I realized I rarely get harrassed any more unless people don't know me...been here long enough nuff people know of me..or recognize the face and I must have a vibe now of a resident just going about her business. And I'm like ...woah....this is my home...this became home and I'm gonna be leaving it behind.

So today I'm having some mild cold feet/panic attacks. I know this is the right move for our family....but it still hurts a little bit.

But even still...it can be isolating and hard here for a farrin women....even once you fit in.....so I will say if you ask me tommorow or the nexx day..the cold feet will probably have turned into burning hot feet...itching to make the move. So I guess it depends on the day.

Just a little sad....this is home...and oh sweet island I will miss thee something fierce!!!!

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
kc416 : Appreciate the very kind words. Wishing you the very best in welcoming little Tianna into the world!

SmoothiesQueen: Everytime i go back to Jamaica i wonder why i ever left. It is the most beautiful place in the world and there is no place like it. I think if life weren't so impossibly hard there, we all wouldn't be fighting for our loved ones to get here! You have decided this move is better for you family at this point in life but maybe someday down the road you will be in a position to move back again so don't look at it as a goodbye. Plus when you are living there, sometimes you start to take it for granted. When you go back to visit it will be even more amazing than you remember.

Mar 18, 2011
Greetings beautiful people!

I'm new here but I hope you won't mind if I pop in to ask a question.

My husband received his call to drop off his passport to "finalize the permenant resident process". He made it in and dropped off yesterday afternoon. He said they told him about 2 weeks time and he'll be getting it back. Has this been the normal experience do you know? Is this really "IT"? or is there more of the process to come?

I am reluctant to trust this as "THE END" since it seems our file went through very quickly (Last I checked the website said 15-16 months, but ours was submitted on October 14 making it just over 5 months). Seems too good to be true.

Hopefully optomistic (but somehow bracing myself for them to take the shredder to his passport and tell him he's stuck in Jamaica forever or something.)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Phenom - passport request (PPR) is the final stage, all that's left is for the visa to be stamped in his PP and for you to book the ticket, LOL.

Congratulations on a speedy process indeed! Well done :) :D

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Lilmaya

Your right girl...totally. I have no regrets ultimately about my life here...my years here. It changed me. I'm a much stronger, bolder, fiercer women. I'm a force of nature after Jamaica life LOL!! And my perspectives changed hugely. I find alot of things I used to love, superficial, and other things I miss terribly and when I get them I feel so blessed, where as before I took them for granted. My perspective on life is deeper, richer and my understandings greater. So for that I'm thankful because I feel like I can appreciate the blessings of life on a level I never could before.

I can tell you this....one thing I love....is coming back to visit Jamaica after we move to Canada...both hubby and I will be visiting home, not just hubby and this is something we can now share. And my marriage is SOOO much stronger because I've walked a mile in his shoes so I can understand him and support him on a level that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise....and this has definatly deepend and strengthened our marriage and broken down all the cultural divisions. We will both be missing home...and we built our life together first on his turf...before mine....I am very very blessed to share this bond with my husband!!

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
phenomenalwoman: You are phenomenal indeed! LOL. Now that you are here, you gotta share your secret girl! lol. It looks as if 15 months was the average for 2009 applicants but more recently the average is closer to 7. There have been a few in 6 months and i think at a few made it in 4 or 5 according to the stats on people from this forum. So this IS it! You made it. Congratulations!!!

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
I wonder what makes some applications go through so fast?

I mean we all know mistakes and screw ups can slow down a application...but the ones where people do everything right...what makes one go so fast and others not?? Luck?

I did hear a rumour here that the Canadian government recently gave the Jamaica side hell for their incompetance in processing applications, losing documents, their lack of speed etc. I'm not sure the truth to it...but I heard it from someone here who works in an immigration related job. But you know how rumours are.....