No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
Good morning all,

ladyposh: i am canadian/jamaica. my father is jamaica and i was born here in Canada.

waiting-for-a-star: thank you for the morning prayer. i can't tell you how much i look forward to it! "AND YOU ARE AN ON TIME GOD, YOU MAY NOT COME WHEN WE WANT YOU TO BUT YOU WILL BE THERE RIGHT ON TIME. " Sometimes we all need that reminder! Hope the preparation for the interview is coming along nicely.

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
First before anything else I wanted to touch on what nae said since I've now processed the thoughts as much as my brain can and will these days. Ill relate with a story... I have a friend who suffers from depression... She gets down and looks for others to either validate her or join her... It's a cycle I personally will not join in... With me it's either tough love, or avoidance... This upsets her and has caused us many disagreements... Ive told her support comes in all shapes and sizes, and just because someone says "suck it up buttercup, get out there and enjoy your life and be thankful you have it and all you're blessing" doesn't necessarily mean they are judgmental or unsupportive, it means they don't care to see you miserable... Someone who didn't care simply would shut their mouths and leave you be... Ive told my friend that sometimes people get tired of watching people they care about bang their heads on brick walls, and rather than hand them a pillow and allow them to continue, theyd much rather tell them to just get the hell away from the damn wall!

Now to this forum, the vibe has changed recently... As it will when the dynamic changes and new personalities mix and sometimes collide... I will admit that recent days have seen this place turn into something that I've personally had tune out as to not let it suck the energy from me...(not being overly capable of the validation or joining in type of support)... Days when ive had it in me, and with the inspiration of a few others, I've come in with constructive thoughts and we've picked the place up.. I've learned the hard way that tough love, as well meaning as it is, often backfires, so when I feel like I could have written naes post word for word, I've just stepped away for a day or two... And so it goes... Things have changed, things will change, it's inevitable... I always hope there will be the positive, uplifting, constructive and empowering messages delivered to those who need them!!! Venting is important, but don't let the vents consume you..

I'll be back later with some less serious stuff, but I'd just like to give props to an older member, maple syrup... Her process took nearly 2 years, and yes she'd curse and rant and complain with the best of them when the mood hit, but usually she posted about her fun weekend, her work, current events or whatever... With so much to begrudge (not to air her business but she shared with the group that her own mother was badminding her application with CIC), she just lived her life and never let the whole thing get to her, she would say "all things in their time" and "God will only hand me as much as I can manage, nothing more nothing less"... In my general life, when things aren't happening right, and/or fast enough for me, and I start to get ancy, I sometimes think of her... She's become a bit of an inspiration to me (cheesy), but that is the patience and composure when faced with obstacles that I hope I can emulate in my life... Maybe her story can bring some strength to some of you going thru this too?

All right, I'll be back later..... Sorry if this upsets anyone... Nae is someone I consider a personal friend (we used to live on the same street and fate dropped her back into my life on this board)... She is a good person with a heart of gold and I think her intentions were not completely understood...I hope she doesn't leave for good and continues to come back and update us and cheer on and support those going through this crazy ordeal!

waiting-for-a-star

Mar 5, 2011
tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 26, 10
File Transfer...
march 24,10
Med's Request
jan 12,11
Med's Done....
feb 11, 11
Interview........
march 30, 11/approved
Passport Req..
march 30, 11
VISA ISSUED...
april 13
LANDED..........
APRIL 20
I believed we have all put this behind us, and dont want to dwell on it anymore. people are all different and words can give give life and it can take life. so lets wrap up the old and continue afresh as planned.

No more on the NAE NAE stuff!!!!!!

Jesus take the wheel

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Thanks, chelley! I didn't know Maple's story, just saw her timeline, to know that the wait was not the only issue she had to deal with (her own mother?? :O) really puts her timeline in perspective for me!

So, weekend plans, folks? What else are we all up to today?

waiting-for-a-star

Mar 5, 2011
tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 26, 10
File Transfer...
march 24,10
Med's Request
jan 12,11
Med's Done....
feb 11, 11
Interview........
march 30, 11/approved
Passport Req..
march 30, 11
VISA ISSUED...
april 13
LANDED..........
APRIL 20
Congrats Charlie, by next week you will see descision made, I told you God's got our back

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Thanks waiting :) I just wish my husband hadn't seen fit to wake me so early to tell me that. :p

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checking in.... Hope everyone is having a good day. Thanks for the Prayer Waiting, its a big part of what gives us that sense of family when we come to the forum. Its crazy hot here today, if it wasnt for them 3 lil letter(JPS) id turn the AC on and forget the fan lol

Irving

Feb 28, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/01/11
File Transfer...
09/02/11
Med's Done....
20/09/10
Passport Req..
15/08/11
well a bottle of wine punched me in the face last night...cab sauv was his name, he was from somewhere in chile I believe..
Ill be a little more careful around him next time!
Can we all say wow.. phenomenal, thats give me a such joy and hope! Congrats to you!
Congrats Charlie, it feels good!
Chelley thanks for sharing your thoughts and interpertations, I do my best to keep postive and enthused about my future with my Mr. and the process is mine and his to share with as much joy or tears that come!
My saturday is filled with licking my wounds from my wine battle, and a family dinner at my aunts..and a good sleep! Laundry awaits.. and awaits and awaits...mi soon come!
hope you all have a great weekend, wishing more good new for each of you wether it be in regards to immigration, babies, careers, dreams coming true!

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
a friend just said she was under the impression it cuts my time in half if I apply from Jamaica vs Canada.

I just booked a flight to go home to Canada to file.....I thought that would be quicker due to being told it goes to Missassauga first...plus after dealing with the Jamaican mail system...I have fears about the safety of such a precious package getting there safely.

Can anyone verify this for me????

I'm applying while living in Jamaica...its just I'd mail it from Canada...but is this a mistake??

RandysGirl

Nov 25, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-11
Med's Request
11-11-11
Med's Done....
11-09-2010/12-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
Why not fedex it from Jamaica to the CIC office? that would be alot cheaper than flying it there lol. Did you do the medicals and police records check yet?

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
SmoothiesQueen : From what I understand, the most recent news on that is immigration started making couples who are living apart priority over couples who are living together. As with nearly everything that comes out of immigration, there are always contradicting stories but as my husband and I were living in Canada before his work permit expired, I researched what would be in our best interest and from info posted on the immigration website and the call centre, we decided to apply as being apart from eachother.

If your only concern though is the mailing system, I agree with Randysgirl. You could probably courier it for about 70 dollars CAD and be confident it will arrive safely.

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I just some time reading and reading. For the new family members I am a old timer here.. :) . I want to just say keep your heads high and everything will be good and work out in gods time. KG will bring everyone famillies back together in not time.

Blessings to you all. :D :D

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
SmoothiesQ - I FedExed everything to my husband, and he used Purolator to get it from Elliot Lake to CPC-Mississauga after he added in his section of the documents. If you are sending everything directly from Jamaica, you can use FedEx. If you definitely want to go home and don't trust the package alone from Jamaica to Canada, then you can always go home to send it from there. Or send it to a trusted family member.

It cost me about $35 Canadian to send my package, and it weighed almost 5lbs.

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Ahhhh peaceful Sunday afternoon... Baby is sleeping and the wild children have yet to return from grandmas :). Love it!

Smoothie... The difference in processing times pertains to the application being inland or outland... Inland means the applicant and sponsor are living together in Canada, outland doesn't have that restriction and *usually* means the applicant and sponsor are living apart although many apply outland while their partners are in Canada with them since it's faster... And if you're living outside of Canada with your partner you have to apply Outland too... Theres a bit more to it, but thats the jist of it... So regardless of where you physically mail the application from, unless you and your husband are living in Canada, you will be applying Outland... Outland applications go to Mississauga first where the sponsorship part is approved... Once that happens (about a month), they are then forwarded to Jamaica where the applicant part is processed... Inland applications go to vegeville for first stage approval... Hope that helps a bit...

Btw, I lived in Jamaica for 7m last year... Outside Spalding... I'd had many many trips in my lifetime but I'm a Canadian so it was an adjustment... In just about every way, city girl in the back bush lol... Also an adjustment for my children who got to do a couple school terms on the island...fun :)

Opps someones waking up... Hoping I can extend my peace a little longer... Back later :)

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Okay everyone is home and wild now.. The sanctity was nice while it lasted lol...

Charlie... Congrats on being eCas-able even tho we all know eCas is a piece of we all know what, at least it's getting something right!

Welcome to phenomenal and Congrats... I felt a similar way when we got thru quick... Even found this board to see if it really was the end too, so I know the feeling of apprehension, but exhale, he will probably be home soon hun :)

Irving, I've fought that same fight, they should lock that character up... Wine can be cruel that way!

Welcome back randysgirl
Hey glo, good to see you, hope all is well...

Hope every one is enjoying their weekend, and happy first day of SPRING!!!!!! (still too blasted cold for me, but at least the snow is gone :) )

Heading out to pick up something for dinner (not sure what, hoping for inspiration before I reach the store)... Hope the rain stays away until we get back...