Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
BullsBelle said:
I missed a signature on my application and they sent the whole thing back.

Hey BullsBelle
Which form was it? Just curious cause I doubled checked over and over again. I just hope I didn't miss anything either.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Jodz said:
Hi Everyone,

I joined this group back on February 19th of this year and disappeared for awhile. Just wanted to share my story with the hopes it will help at least one person to have faith and to keep on going

My husband and I are both in our late 20s and we got married in April 2014. I've travelled every 3 months to see my man for the past 2 1/2 years in Jamaica- sometimes just for a long weekend.

I sent in my application 6 months after I got married(I was mainly paranoid about making a mistake-I spent countless hours making sure everything was included in the application)

The Mississauga office received my application for my husband on Nov 10th, 2015. Sponsorship approval was February 12th and I recieved a letter by email stating my file was transferred to Kingston, Jamaica.

In January I found out I was pregnant. I was super worried about being on my own in a new province and not having any idea when my husband's application would be processed. What saddened me even more was my husband and I decided to cut the travelling down so we can save some money for our baby. It was a great idea but the idea of me not seeing my husband became very overwhelming and then, the morning sickness kicked it. I was just so miserable!!!!!!!

I poured my heart out to God by constantly praying and praying everyday for God to help my husband get through at least in time for the birth of our baby in September. To my surprise and I truly believe it's a miracle my husband recieved a call on March 19th from Immigration. They did an interview with him on the phone and requested his passport, original birth certificate and original marriage certificate. When he told me I was so shocked I started to cry and keep saying over and over God is so good! I am crying now just reflecting on that day

On March 22nd he sent in the information with DHL. On April 2nd his status on the website was changed to Decision Made however, he has not recieved any calls or emails from Immigration. I am not sure what the next step is but we are so grateful to be at this point

I grew up in a very religious family and through certain life experiences I'm sad to say I doubted God at times. Through my experience with the whole immigration process I was taught a very important lesson that is to never doubt and give up faith in God. God knows the right time to act on our behalf!!!

To everyone that is waiting. Keep on praying and have faith God will answer your prayers soon. I will pray everyday for everyone of you!

Jodz
Congratulations Jodz on the quick turnaround from Kingston. Wow looks like they are finally moving at a decent speed!!

If you went to DM start tracking thr return package from DHL or whatever courier company you used. Sometimes they do not tell you the PP has been sent back so it may just be on its way with courier. Good luck and keep us posted.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Roxie-B said:
Hi guys Good morning,

I have another question.

Does Kingston normally extend the pc? or as long as it passes the 9 mnths they are going to request a new one?

Roxie
No they do not extend PC and spouse needs to land with PC being valid. If it is expiring I suggest having it redone on have it in hand for when KGN asks for it so you will not have toward the long time to get it back or pay the extra for the express PC.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Hello All! I just wanted to let you know that when POS requested hubby passport they wanted 2 new pics and asked for them to have specific measurements. We have been waiting for his PR card and last week we got a letter from CIC that the pictures he provided were not in correct format so we rushed out to Blacks and redid them and sent them in the next day. Now we are waiting for his PR card once again and hopefully it will not take months to receive. Thought I would share so that anyone applying and/or getting PPR with new pics required are cautious about ensuring their spouse has photos taken in JA correctly.

solkaman

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston via Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-14
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
March 10 2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
Hi Vancouverain,

Yes my friend is taking a bit too long from my opinion but they don't seem to stress in any way. The process has been smooth for them so far and they also had an immigration consultant work on their behalf so they have all the advice they need.

My husband is from the Ochi area. I cross my fingers that we will get an update in the next week or so. Our PC expires on April 17th..... Hope we don't have to redo again but we are getting close to that time.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
hey guys, I have a question......
I saw there is a $50 fee for PR card.... when does this fee have to be paid? Before or after he gets here? I thought they dont even set up to send that out until he gets to Canada?

Jodz

Feb 19, 2015
Thanks MixedChick92 and Twoheartsonelove.

I tracked the DHL package and it was picked up this morning from Kingston with DHL. I think it should get to Mobay by tomorrow then we will know more

solkaman

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-14
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
March 10 2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
Here is some interesting piece of information. My friend whose application is in POS got PR about 1 month ago. They were asked to also submit 2 photos and redo a form. They were told initially to submit a new PC and then told that it would not be needed. So about 3 weeks later they submitted their papers to POS. Then subsequent to that, POS asked them to submit a new PC : ( How disappointing is that????

So now they were back to square one getting another PC done. Now guess what? They need a passport to request a PC........... no passport in hand cause it's in POS!!!

What a mess. So after hearing this story, we are getting a new PC done now in anticipation for the PR and we will submit the new PC along with everything else they ask for......

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
How do I contact cic outside of Canada what is the #

Vancouverain

Apr 1, 2015
solkaman said:
Hi Vancouverain,

Yes my friend is taking a bit too long from my opinion but they don't seem to stress in any way. The process has been smooth for them so far and they also had an immigration consultant work on their behalf so they have all the advice they need.

My husband is from the Ochi area. I cross my fingers that we will get an update in the next week or so. Our PC expires on April 17th..... Hope we don't have to redo again but we are getting close to that time.
Hi Solkaman,

Sorry to hear about your friend, but shouldn't their immigration consultant advise them of all that took place before hand, that is very frustrating. Pertaining to your PC expiring maybe you could send them an updated PC or you could wait for your PR request in whatever order the process takes place if they request your PR just make sure an updated PC and whatever they ask for is in the package you will be sending POS I have read too many sad stories on here, so send them if they ask for it yes or no just in case. And yes I am hoping for a early PR response for us both keeping the faith. Strangely, my parents are being field for and they are in process and at the final stage of their application. It was when they were told by their lawyer to submit their PR, Kingston sent our file to POS informing our lawyer of what took place. The other strange thing is, POS updated our file and changed my lawyer's mailing address to our personal mailing address, not sure if this is required or its an error, but based on what is there, it means any communication would be sent to us instead of our lawyer, we informed our lawyer about this and its over 1 month now going 2 months, that the lawyer has requested POS to update the address and it remains the same as we now speak, I am not worried that much still because the address was changed to our personal mailing address, however when they had transferred the file the communication was sent to my lawyer's office, so lets see what happens. So Just hope for everything to go smoothly, and I hope our PC does not expire before PR request. I believe our PC expires July coming not certain of the date. Well lets see what happens summer is fast approaching. And based on that we were waiting for 7 months in Kingston, before being transferred to POS, I hope we do not have a long wait time in POS. Based on calculations December would make it 16 months for us, and that is an estimate time for immigration. So lets see what happens. God's Blessings.

solkaman

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-14
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
March 10 2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
Yes Vancouverain,

we plan on sending a new PC but only when they get in contact with us. We will have it in hand ready to go. I don't expect that it will be long before we hear an update. My friend heard from POS 1 month after the file was transferred from Kingston (or after they received the AOR from POS).

So for us both, it will be 1 month on Friday. So keep the faith, we will hear soon.....

Sunkissed814

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
File Transfer...
26-03-2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
01-09-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
Anyone that had their application sent to POS embassy.......

Was your partners passport requested first by Kingston?

Our passport was requested last week by Kingston, so just trying to see if they will deal with it there or mail it out?

Thanks!

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
what is the best way to organized my papers i have attach paper also?
how i put whatsapp and phone calls evidence together it is a lot?
*asap*

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Sunkissed814 said:
Anyone that had their application sent to POS embassy.......

Was your partners passport requested first by Kingston?

Our passport was requested last week by Kingston, so just trying to see if they will deal with it there or mail it out?

Thanks!
Ususally peoples who got their applications fowarded in POS sent their passports in POS but they has been requested by POS as well. So if I was you, if you sure that is Kingston requested it, I would send it to Kingston, and this is nice cause sending passport to POS would give you headache! :)

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
chucky44 said:
what is the best way to organized my papers i have attach paper also?
how i put whatsapp and phone calls evidence together it is a lot?
*asap*
Well, I put like 300 pages of whatsapp convos...(3 months of convo) explaining in a note that I could not go more back in the history. I never put any phone calls evidence explaining in that same note that we skyping for free. I attach the note with all the evidence documents. You enclose this with your forms/applications and all the other documents in one package. Make sure you identify all your evidences documents properly with your names and date of birth (not on all the pages but at least on the first page of your convos whatsapp and on the note of course).