VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
BullsBelle said:
Happy Easter Jamfam :-* :-*[size=10pt][/size]
MrsMcLaughlin said:
Happy Easter everyone!! Wishing you all a lovely holiday :-*
Happy Easter to you as well, and to everyone else on here! Hope you all have a fantastic Holiday, and make the best of it. Hopefully next Easter we will all be with our spouses :)

torontoblues

Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-15
Doc's Request.
31-05-15 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
March 2015
File Transfer...
24-03-15 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 13, 2015
LANDED..........
November 29, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Happy Easter to you as well, and to everyone else on here! Hope you all have a fantastic Holiday, and make the best of it. Hopefully next Easter we will all be with our spouses :)

Hello everyone... I'm new on the forum jus seeking some solace in knowing I'm not going thru the struggles . So my PR app was sub on Jan 16,2015 and we got SA march 24, 2015. Jus wondering if any1 else submitted their app in January and has gotten word that its rec in Kingston? I'm also 5 months pregnant so I'm wondering how that will affect the application. I'm due in august. All the docs have been sent in jus need the pay the RPRF.
Any advice?

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
torontoblues said:
Hello everyone... I'm new on the forum jus seeking some solace in knowing I'm not going thru the struggles . So my PR app was sub on Jan 16,2015 and we got SA march 24, 2015. Jus wondering if any1 else submitted their app in January and has gotten word that its rec in Kingston? I'm also 5 months pregnant so I'm wondering how that will affect the application. I'm due in august. All the docs have been sent in jus need the pay the RPRF.
Any advice?
Welcome :) Can definitely tell you, ur not alone in this group! Lots of people here to help. Regarding your question about the pregnancy affecting the application, what do you mean? Like would it affect the outcome? No, I dont think so.

torontoblues

Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-15
Doc's Request.
31-05-15 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
March 2015
File Transfer...
24-03-15 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 13, 2015
LANDED..........
November 29, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Welcome :) Can definitely tell you, ur not alone in this group! Lots of people here to help. Regarding your question about the pregnancy affecting the application, what do you mean? Like would it affect the outcome? No, I dont think so.
I mean if it will cause a delay in processing.... Will they wait until the baby is born for a paternity test or is there any chance that my application will be processed without having to give birth then fill out the necessary forms to have my child added to my filing.
By the way has any1 from the January apps rec an AOR from Kingston yet?

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
torontoblues said:
I mean if it will cause a delay in processing.... Will they wait until the baby is born for a paternity test or is there any chance that my application will be processed without having to give birth then fill out the necessary forms to have my child added to my filing.
By the way has any1 from the January apps rec an AOR from Kingston yet?
No, not that I've ever heard of... Are you legally married? Or common law/conjugal? Hmm... let's see if some more experienced ppl on here have more info. I havent heard of anyone ever having to actually do a paternity test.

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Guys Good Night,

I made a terrible error in my anxiety to get a document to Kingston on Thrusday and now im not sure what to do. I was asked to provide my original marriage certificate on Thursday but in my hast I did not put any for of file identification on the envelop i could kick my self and now i dont know what to do. should i try call dhl and provide them with the tracking number and ask to add the number on the envelop or should i email kingston and inform them of the error....

Please help Guys.

Roxie

torontoblues

Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-15
Doc's Request.
31-05-15 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
March 2015
File Transfer...
24-03-15 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 13, 2015
LANDED..........
November 29, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
No, not that I've ever heard of... Are you legally married? Or common law/conjugal? Hmm... let's see if some more experienced ppl on here have more info. I havent heard of anyone ever having to actually do a paternity test.

I am legally married to a permanent resident of Canada.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
torontoblues said:
Any advice?
Welcome to the forum torontoblues and congrats on being pregnant :D, which by the way will not have any impact on your application. I wish parents and parents to be would get processed faster but immigration does not work like that :mad:.

Being informed of when your application reaches Kingston is a step in the process known as the "acknowledgement of receipt" or AOR for the applicant. According to CIC service standards this is "supposed" to happen within 90 days of the application being received at any overseas office. It happens for some folks and not for others. When we did not receive an AOR within that time frame - I am from the Port of Spain (POS) visa office - I e-mailed the High Commission and they e-mailed me back confirming they had received the application. If they reply to your e-mail to confirm this then that acts as your "unofficial" AOR. I suggest others initiate this follow up as well if they have not heard anything within this 90 period.

I also always recommend to pay the RPRF with the application or as soon as possible afterwards. This can reduce a few months off the processing time because if the visa office has to request it, that is another administrative task that has to go through their system. There is a spreadsheet for the Kingston members who have been processed through that office, here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1urDWFLXYaR_trbPxSipOpP3iZvN-gz8gDufoZUj-VnM/edit?pli=1#gid=0

You can also find the link in the signature line of MelJam's posts near the bottom. That will give you a better idea of the time it has taken for the various steps in the process to happen. MelJam usually spots new members and adds them onto the spreadsheet. Best wishes for a speedy process and a healthy bundle of joy. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Roxie-B said:
Guys Good Night,

I made a terrible error in my anxiety to get a document to Kingston on Thrusday and now im not sure what to do. I was asked to provide my original marriage certificate on Thursday but in my hast I did not put any for of file identification on the envelop i could kick my self and now i dont know what to do. should i try call dhl and provide them with the tracking number and ask to add the number on the envelop or should i email kingston and inform them of the error....

Please help Guys.
Roxie
Hi Roxie, do not worry too much, they "should" be able to match it by your name and your spouses name seeing as they already have a copy of it in the application. That being said I would still do both of the things you mentioned above for additional back-up documentation and your own paper trail (and peace of mind). Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
BullsBelle said:
I missed a signature on my application and they sent the whole thing back.
:eek: arrgghhh!! Immigration can be so frustrating but this has happened to many folks BB, so do not despair. Why they do not change that form or make it more clear to people is beyond me. I think this is the form that has 2 pages and you would not believe how many people have made that error, it's an easy one to miss. You have time to get it turned around before the interview so use a reliable courier with tracking and then e-mail them when it has been submitted. I do not think this will delay anything in your process. Blessings.

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Hi guys Good morning,

I have another question.

Does Kingston normally extend the pc? or as long as it passes the 9 mnths they are going to request a new one?

Roxie

Jodz

Feb 19, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I joined this group back on February 19th of this year and disappeared for awhile. Just wanted to share my story with the hopes it will help at least one person to have faith and to keep on going

My husband and I are both in our late 20s and we got married in April 2014. I've travelled every 3 months to see my man for the past 2 1/2 years in Jamaica- sometimes just for a long weekend.

I sent in my application 6 months after I got married(I was mainly paranoid about making a mistake-I spent countless hours making sure everything was included in the application)

The Mississauga office received my application for my husband on Nov 10th, 2015. Sponsorship approval was February 12th and I recieved a letter by email stating my file was transferred to Kingston, Jamaica.

In January I found out I was pregnant. I was super worried about being on my own in a new province and not having any idea when my husband's application would be processed. What saddened me even more was my husband and I decided to cut the travelling down so we can save some money for our baby. It was a great idea but the idea of me not seeing my husband became very overwhelming and then, the morning sickness kicked it. I was just so miserable!!!!!!!

I poured my heart out to God by constantly praying and praying everyday for God to help my husband get through at least in time for the birth of our baby in September. To my surprise and I truly believe it's a miracle my husband recieved a call on March 19th from Immigration. They did an interview with him on the phone and requested his passport, original birth certificate and original marriage certificate. When he told me I was so shocked I started to cry and keep saying over and over God is so good! I am crying now just reflecting on that day

On March 22nd he sent in the information with DHL. On April 2nd his status on the website was changed to Decision Made however, he has not recieved any calls or emails from Immigration. I am not sure what the next step is but we are so grateful to be at this point

I grew up in a very religious family and through certain life experiences I'm sad to say I doubted God at times. Through my experience with the whole immigration process I was taught a very important lesson that is to never doubt and give up faith in God. God knows the right time to act on our behalf!!!

To everyone that is waiting. Keep on praying and have faith God will answer your prayers soon. I will pray everyday for everyone of you!

Jodz

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
Hi everyone. Applying through the kingston office here is my situation.....i got accepted to college for jan 2016 intake, however its condtitonal until they receive my transcript and downpayment.

I want to apply for a TRV this month end but i am not sure if i should or just waitout until i get my things together to apply for study permit in september.

What do you think?

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
Jodz said:
Hi Everyone,

I joined this group back on February 19th of this year and disappeared for awhile. Just wanted to share my story with the hopes it will help at least one person to have faith and to keep on going

My husband and I are both in our late 20s and we got married in April 2014. I've travelled every 3 months to see my man for the past 2 1/2 years in Jamaica- sometimes just for a long weekend.

I sent in my application 6 months after I got married(I was mainly paranoid about making a mistake-I spent countless hours making sure everything was included in the application)

The Mississauga office received my application for my husband on Nov 10th, 2015. Sponsorship approval was February 12th and I recieved a letter by email stating my file was transferred to Kingston, Jamaica.

In January I found out I was pregnant. I was super worried about being on my own in a new province and not having any idea when my husband's application would be processed. What saddened me even more was my husband and I decided to cut the travelling down so we can save some money for our baby. It was a great idea but the idea of me not seeing my husband became very overwhelming and then, the morning sickness kicked it. I was just so miserable!!!!!!!

I poured my heart out to God by constantly praying and praying everyday for God to help my husband get through at least in time for the birth of our baby in September. To my surprise and I truly believe it's a miracle my husband recieved a call on March 19th from Immigration. They did an interview with him on the phone and requested his passport, original birth certificate and original marriage certificate. When he told me I was so shocked I started to cry and keep saying over and over God is so good! I am crying now just reflecting on that day

On March 22nd he sent in the information with DHL. On April 2nd his status on the website was changed to Decision Made however, he has not recieved any calls or emails from Immigration. I am not sure what the next step is but we are so grateful to be at this point

I grew up in a very religious family and through certain life experiences I'm sad to say I doubted God at times. Through my experience with the whole immigration process I was taught a very important lesson that is to never doubt and give up faith in God. God knows the right time to act on our behalf!!!

To everyone that is waiting. Keep on praying and have faith God will answer your prayers soon. I will pray everyday for everyone of you!

Jodz
Congrats girl on the great news and your baby! Kingston is moving fast right now!! WOOHOO :)