submitted with application
Med's Done....
01-09-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
sammystorm19 said:
Actually as per the check list the medical and police check are to be done and proof of completion sent in with the application. So everyone should have them done prior
Absolutely right :) I just notice in reading that many people do not do them with their sponsorship application and perhaps that slows down the application process when it gets to the embassy!

Sunkissed814

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
File Transfer...
26-03-2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
01-09-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
MelJam said:
I understand the feeling!! So since meds has been done in September...his good until September 2015. Keep us posted when the passport is back :)
I sure will! I think I am still in shock, we have only told our parents what has happened so far. I am not saying a word to anyone else until we have more information. Maybe I will get to spend my first anniversary with my husband!! :)

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
MelJam said:
I second that, why waiting them to request something, it slow down the process for sure. Like the case of Mrs B Angel, she said they received an email to provide meds and pc....if this would have been done from the beginning, probably its a call to request passport he would have received. Don't wait after VO to request things if you want your process to be fast. Well this is my opinion! :)

BTW Mrs B Angel : Yes kids must do the meds even they dont come to Canada. For the letter, I think you should put a lot of details. Explaining properly the situation.
Yes, definitely it doesnt help things go faster if medical and background checks arent in with the application. My hubby sent in his medicals after we submitted application, but we did not wait for them to request medicals, we sent shortly after SA and added to file. They did not send back as incomplete, but still, wish he had them ready for when we sent in the package so it would be all together. But only time will tell what will happen...

Vancouverain

Apr 1, 2015
Hi everyone:

I am new to your forum but have been reading some of the postings on here. The information shared is very interesting and so I decided to join tonight. However, I have been following this thread from September of 2014. So just some brief information about my self. My wife and I applied for spousal sponsorship in August 21, 2014 and were approved October 6,2014. We are currently waiting now for 7 months and coming up to 8 months in April 21, 2015. We received an update that our file was transferred to POS (Port of Spain Trinidad) from Kingston, we are not certain why they transferred our file but we hope that the process is shorter at this visa office. I guess a question my wife and I have is, will the time we waited in Kingston be added to the current wait time in POS? We have been following the spread sheet and it seems POS average time is 14 months, is this normal ? Or can we expect an earlier date. We look forward to sharing with this forum things we have learnt along the way and we hope to gain some comfort from other peoples experiences. Thank you.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Welcome!
Not sure if its correct or not, but I heard Trinidad was helping Jamaica assist with back log of applications. That may be why it was sent there. Fingers crossed that your file comes thru sooner than later

Vancouverain

Apr 1, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Welcome!
Not sure if its correct or not, but I heard Trinidad was helping Jamaica assist with back log of applications. That may be why it was sent there. Fingers crossed that your file comes thru sooner than later
Thank you for the reply Shortyp2000, we do hope for an update soon

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Vancouverain said:
Hi everyone:

I am new to your forum but have been reading some of the postings on here. The information shared is very interesting and so I decided to join tonight. However, I have been following this thread from September of 2014. So just some brief information about my self. My wife and I applied for spousal sponsorship in August 21, 2014 and were approved October 6,2014. We are currently waiting now for 7 months and coming up to 8 months in April 21, 2015. We received an update that our file was transferred to POS (Port of Spain Trinidad) from Kingston, we are not certain why they transferred our file but we hope that the process is shorter at this visa office. I guess a question my wife and I have is, will the time we waited in Kingston be added to the current wait time in POS? We have been following the spread sheet and it seems POS average time is 14 months, is this normal ? Or can we expect an earlier date. We look forward to sharing with this forum things we have learnt along the way and we hope to gain some comfort from other peoples experiences. Thank you.
Hi and welcome!
Kingston needs help so they transfered somes files in Trinidad...what we have realized from POS is they are fanatics of interviews and they like to request new pc new meds and new docs. So I suggest you to get done the pc and meds again when it will be expired. Dont wait for them. PC expire after 9 months, meds after 12 months. The other problem is about the time they take to return passports. It tooks forever. But this is for applications signed in August 2013 - December 2013. So I hope they are faster now. I would be proactive. :) Have a nice immigration journey ! Will add you to the spreadsheet.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Mrs.B angel said:
MelJam! MY husband had his meds and pc done prior to the application being sent, it expired that's why they requested for him to have them renewed. As for the meds for the children,I know all dependents must get them done, It's the primary caregiver (mother) who refuses to have them completed why my husband have to write a letter, that's why I asked if anyone had
any similar coincidence.

Today for you tomorrow for me, puss and dog don't have the same luck. Everybody situation different, it's not a hurry come up thing for us. Everything will happen on its own time. Not comparing my situation to anybody else.

Thanks!
Sorry, since you applied in November 2014, and its only 4 months ago, I never expected that your hubby did his meds and pc a long time like this before you sending the application since you said it is now expired. Sorry for confusion. My bad.

solkaman

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston via Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-14
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
March 10 2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-07-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015
Vancouverain said:
Hi everyone:

Hello Vancouverain,

Our application is right behind you. Our sponsorship was approved on Oct 16th, 2014 and our file is also in POS. We received a letter of acknowledgement from POS on March 3rd. I also know someone whose application is in POS like ours. Their application went in in July 2014, they got an acknowledgement letter from POS in January and the PPR 1 month later in February.

I am hopeful that we will hear from them anytime now. Please keep us posted on your progress. Always good to know what others are going through (especially because our time frame is so close and both our files are in POS).

Cheers!

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
Now here's a complicated case I was told about..... let me know what you think the chances are of this person I know getting her hubby here. I would like to help in anyway I can, but not sure how to advise her...

Wife who wants to sponsor Jamaican husband. She is 36 with 5 children. He is 22 and not working, no children. People have told her she will have a hard time because:
-he is tattoo'd from head to toe
-their age difference
-hes not working
-they met in February 2014, Married 6 weeks later
-she has been married 3x before this marriage, (this marriage and 2 previous ones were all within the last 5 years and one marriage included a wedding to a man she met in Jamaica and married 6 weeks later, who was also previously deported from USA)

Will CIC think the marriage is fraudulent because of they only knew each other 6 weeks before getting married? Will the previous marriages look bad for her? I dont think the tattoo's will be an issue, but the age difference may.

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
@shortyp2000 i am no expert on this but like really bad too me.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
I know right, doesnt sound good to me either, hope it works out well for her. Only time will tell

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
shortyp2000 said:
I know right, doesnt sound good to me either, hope it works out well for her. Only time will tell
yea

Vancouverain

Apr 1, 2015
Hi Solkaman:

Yes our file should be in front yours are in the same batch and maybe processed at the same time.
I think we received a transfer around the same time or earlier. We however did not get the letter our
lawyer did. We look forward to a speedy process.

Vancouverain

Apr 1, 2015
shortyp2000 said:
Now here's a complicated case I was told about..... let me know what you think the chances are of this person I know getting her hubby here. I would like to help in anyway I can, but not sure how to advise her...

Wife who wants to sponsor Jamaican husband. She is 36 with 5 children. He is 22 and not working, no children. People have told her she will have a hard time because:
-he is tattoo'd from head to toe
-their age difference
-hes not working
-they met in February 2014, Married 6 weeks later
-she has been married 3x before this marriage, (this marriage and 2 previous ones were all within the last 5 years and one marriage included a wedding to a man she met in Jamaica and married 6 weeks later, who was also previously deported from USA)

Will CIC think the marriage is fraudulent because of they only knew each other 6 weeks before getting married? Will the previous marriages look bad for her? I dont think the tattoo's will be an issue, but the age difference may.
Hi Shorty2000

Being married before does not make you inadmissible, however if your friend was required to support her spouse on a previous sponsorship that she is still obligated to in Canada, then yes that is a red flag. Also being married more than once is also not inadmissible, however if these marital unions were within a short space of time then they may question the validity of the present union, they could also assume that she is doing a business wedding. Both ages are not reasons for concern. Another possible red flag maybe her economic standing, how will she support this person and her 5 children, even though this maybe an issue, once she meets the financial requirements this will not make her inadmissible, her husband does not have to be employed to be sponsored. However his track record that he is required to fill out on his application will say a lot about how he spent his years from 18 until present. Immigration is more flexible with spousal sponsorship and certain things that are inadmissible for Temporary Resident Visas are not for Spousal Sponsorship. His deportation in the United States may or may not cause a problem however if he has a criminal record and he is required to provide a FBI clearance then this maybe a red flag if he has an outstanding warrant, or the nature of his crimes were bad, especially if he has committed a federal crime this maybe an issue. Deportation I believe falls under federal law in the United States. Even so there is some form of reprieve under Canadian immigration law that allows a convicted person to be sponsored, I do not know much about this and you may require to read more about it. So my suggestion to your friend would be to see an immigration consultant to weigh her options wisely. However immigration is so strange its the most unusual cases that get through and not the standard procedure cases.