Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
SweetieQ said:
Hello Jam/Fam.
SweetieQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ!!!!! Thanks for popping in! How are you? :D

Who else is around? :eek:

Come out, come out, wherever you are!!!!!

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
a very good night to you. I went to All Star Bowling (Danforth Rd and Eglinton Ave) at 2791 Eglinton Ave East.
Guess it's good to ease off the tension sometimes as the process can get very stressful if you allow it. Four work days next week for Kingston but hope they will be extremely productive especially for people like you waiting so long. Good thing your patience is strong and thank God for this outlet where we can vent!I keep having to remind myself that the process is out of my control. I have given them all they ask for and if they need anything more all they need to do is request same or just send on the PPR. However, in the meantime CIC doesn't care how stressful it is as it's one of those processes that is acting true to form and so we have to expect a bumpy ride and hold on for dear life while doing so. I cant believe there are only 3 persons working out of Kgn though and also has other responsibility outside of Ja.

SweetieQ said:
Hello Jam/Fam.
lonelycanadianwifey said:

SweetieQ

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
When God is ready for us.
Hello Tammy and Nev and everyone lurking around. Unfortunately this has not been a long weekend for me. I have been working and will be working tomorrow. I am a job that is a 247 job. I agree with Nev and Tammy. This whole process is driving me crazy. I miss my hubby more and more each day. If I have to work every holiday to get the time off to see him in JA until this whole long drawn out process is over..that is what I will do.

I must say that I try to keep a positive attitude about this whole long drawn out process but I am wearing thin. I come on this forum and lurk sometimes and I am so happy when someone gets through or gets good news. I am so hopeful when someone gets through. I feel so optimistic thinking that one day I will get through as well.

This forum has been a God sent. The ppl here can relate to my feelings of joy, impatience, anger, happiness, sadness, fustration and everything in between. I know that when I feel like I cannot bear it another day that I could look to this forum for support. Thank you ladies and gentlemen that contribute to this forum. Thanks to the people that have been throught the process. Ready, Charlie, JamGirl, I appreciate it. What happened to Halfmoon and Fullmoon. I wonder is there is there a babymoon around the corner?

I am praying for a safe and enjoyable trip to our girl chickie72 who is probably locked down and out of commission in JA with hubby. Safe travels for Mrs Maddants this week. Mr Maddants I am guessing we will not be hearing from you for a while..you will also be on lock down. that is quite understandable. Enjoy to the fullest.

For everyone else including myself we must remember to keep the faith, there is a light at the end of the tunnel as we have heard from those who have passed through the process.

God bless you all and have a great long weekend. Did Sami have her baby? If you are lurking, how are you doing? Carm how are you? If I forgot anyone "hello".

In all our waiting God has perfect timing.

SweetieQ

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
tamarindball said:
a very good night to you. I went to All Star Bowling (Danforth Rd and Eglinton Ave) at 2791 Eglinton Ave East.
Guess it's good to ease off the tension sometimes as the process can get very stressful if you allow it. Four work days next week for Kingston but hope they will be extremely productive especially for people like you waiting so long. Good thing your patience is strong and thank God for this outlet where we can vent!I keep having to remind myself that the process is out of my control. I have given them all they ask for and if they need anything more all they need to do is request same or just send on the PPR. However, in the meantime CIC doesn't care how stressful it is as it's one of those processes that is acting true to form and so we have to expect a bumpy ride and hold on for dear life while doing so. I cant believe there are only 3 persons working out of Kgn though and also has other responsibility outside of Ja.
Tamarindball you are so correct, this process is out of our hands, all we can do is summit to them whatever documents they ask for. Ican see why the process will take a long time if they only have 3 VO working. It is even worse that they have to also process other countries visa's as well. I guess that they are also over worked. We must pray for their health that they can do their jobs efficiently.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
tamarindball said:
Sounds like a fun evening!

I wish I was a patient person but alas I am not. The last few months have been really tough going through this process. I honestly thought my husband would already be in Canada. The hardest part is not knowing what is going on with our applications, emails going unanswered (or receiving the 'don't call us, we'll call you' reply), next to no information in GCMS notes, no updates on e-cas, etc. We have all paid the same amount of money for a service (yes, I am aware that no two applications are alike) and it's not fair that some applications are processed quickly and others are taking so long. When we submitted our application we waited almost 90 days for Sponsorship approval and Stage 2 was at 16 months and has now moved to 19 months. :eek: I understand that Kingston is working hard and I know they have very important decisions to make but waiting over a year to be with our significant others is not right in my eyes. I really feel for the employees in Kingston, I can't even begin to imagine the amount of stress or workload they are under.

This forum and the members have been an absolute blessing. I am so thankful to be in this banana boat with each and every one of you - regardless of how long or short you have been along for the ride.
:-*

SweetieQ

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Nevaeha said:
Sounds like a fun evening!

I wish I was a patient person but alas I am not. The last few months have been really tough going through this process. I honestly thought my husband would already be in Canada. The hardest part is not knowing what is going on with our applications, emails going unanswered (or receiving the 'don't call us, we'll call you' reply), next to no information in GCMS notes, no updates on e-cas, etc. We have all paid the same amount of money for a service (yes, I am aware that no two applications are alike) and it's not fair that some applications are processed quickly and others are taking so long. When we submitted our application we waited almost 90 days for Sponsorship approval and Stage 2 was at 16 months and has now moved to 19 months. :eek: I understand that Kingston is working hard and I know they have very important decisions to make but waiting over a year to be with our significant others is not right in my eyes. I really feel for the employees in Kingston, I can't even begin to imagine the amount of stress or workload they are under.

I can totally understand how difficult this process is. I am sorry that you have to wait s long. I think we are all feeling fustrated about this process.

This forum and the members have been an absolute blessing. I am so thankful to be in this banana boat with each and every one of you - regardless of how long or short you have been along for the ride.
:-*

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
SweetieQ said:
I can totally understand how difficult this process is. I am sorry that you have to wait a long. I think we are all feeling frustrated about this process.
Thanks SweetieQ. It doesn't matter if people have to wait five months or longer, it's not easy on any of us. Thanks goodness we have each other for support and understanding.

Samilanaire

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am still alive n well Nev just been working n all so that evetything us right when hubby comes i really hope kgn shed sum light soon for those who are still awaiting this process my luv is with u all both men n gentlemen keep da faith just know in the end it will be completed no matter how long it will take peace out guys n enjoy the long weekend

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Samilanaire said:
Am still alive n well Nev just been working n all so that evetything us right when hubby comes i really hope kgn shed sum light soon for those who are still awaiting this process my luv is with u all both men n gentlemen keep da faith just know in the end it will be completed no matter how long it will take peace out guys n enjoy the long weekend
Good morning Sam! Thanks for the encouragement; your positive words help us all keep moving along through this process. :-*

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
SweetieQ said:
Hello Tammy and Nev and everyone lurking around. Unfortunately this has not been a long weekend for me. I have been working and will be working tomorrow. I am a job that is a 247 job. I agree with Nev and Tammy. This whole process is driving me crazy. I miss my hubby more and more each day. If I have to work every holiday to get the time off to see him in JA until this whole long drawn out process is over..that is what I will do.

I must say that I try to keep a positive attitude about this whole long drawn out process but I am wearing thin. I come on this forum and lurk sometimes and I am so happy when someone gets through or gets good news. I am so hopeful when someone gets through. I feel so optimistic thinking that one day I will get through as well.

This forum has been a God sent. The ppl here can relate to my feelings of joy, impatience, anger, happiness, sadness, fustration and everything in between. I know that when I feel like I cannot bear it another day that I could look to this forum for support. Thank you ladies and gentlemen that contribute to this forum. Thanks to the people that have been throught the process. Ready, Charlie, JamGirl, I appreciate it. What happened to Halfmoon and Fullmoon. I wonder is there is there a babymoon around the corner?

I am praying for a safe and enjoyable trip to our girl chickie72 who is probably locked down and out of commission in JA with hubby. Safe travels for Mrs Maddants this week. Mr Maddants I am guessing we will not be hearing from you for a while..you will also be on lock down. that is quite understandable. Enjoy to the fullest.

For everyone else including myself we must remember to keep the faith, there is a light at the end of the tunnel as we have heard from those who have passed through the process.

God bless you all and have a great long weekend. Did Sami have her baby? If you are lurking, how are you doing? Carm how are you? If I forgot anyone "hello".

In all our waiting God has perfect timing.

No baby yet. 4 weeks away. But let me tell ya....I am sooooooooo ready!!!

My papers got sent back 2 weeks ago because my husband forgot to sign one of them but its all fixed now and I'm sending back on Tuesday.

I'm packing this weekend and moving back to Hamilton from Brampton. Putting most of my stuff in Storage and living with my mom for a couple months. Then heading to JA to spend 6 months down there with the hubby. We are both looking forward to that. Here's hopping that he gets the call for ppr while I'm down there. It would be nice for him to come home with me.

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend everyone!!!

Cheers
Sammy :)

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
sammystorm19 said:
No baby yet. 4 weeks away. But let me tell ya....I am sooooooooo ready!!!

My papers got sent back 2 weeks ago because my husband forgot to sign one of them but its all fixed now and I'm sending back on Tuesday.

I'm packing this weekend and moving back to Hamilton from Brampton. Putting most of my stuff in Storage and living with my mom for a couple months. Then heading to JA to spend 6 months down there with the hubby. We are both looking forward to that. Here's hopping that he gets the call for ppr while I'm down there. It would be nice for him to come home with me.

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend everyone!!!

Cheers
Sammy :)
Morning Sammy!

Wow, you have been one busy lady!!!! I am so happy that you and your baby girl will be spending 6 months in JA with your hubby! I am going to be in Hamilton in July for work so if you are still around I'd love to meet you and your bundle of joy! I hope your hubby gets to return to Canada with you too!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Nevaeha said:
Morning Sammy!

Wow, you have been one busy lady!!!! I am so happy that you and your baby girl will be spending 6 months in JA with your hubby! I am going to be in Hamilton in July for work so if you are still around I'd love to meet you and your bundle of joy! I hope your hubby gets to return to Canada with you too!
I will still be around. Won't be leaving till middle of august. So YES of course we can get together!!! It would be nice to meet ya :)

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
hey everyone I am the original poster to this thread I just wanna say glad you found the thread it was surely a god send for me and many others hopefully all yours waits aren't long all the best ..I see the thread is alive and well damn 2000 pages you guys are rocking it!

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Well, it's official... I am now a Canadian Permanent Resident!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ok, quick landing story...

I took a transit flight from the US and it was quite a rainy day when I landed there. Had to wait 3 hours on my flight into Canada. Didn't realize they changed the gate to my flight on me until the last minute. I boarded plane and it was quite small and someone was sneezing the entire flight... hope I am not sick :D. This Canadian airport usually has weather issues when landing but this time at night it was beautiful and this was the first time I landed at night and saw all of the lights on the land beneath.

So anyway, lemme get to the good stuff... I landed and they announced that we could use our cell phones before we get into the customs, I was trying to call my wife to left her know I had landed (yeppie!) but no cell phone signal :)(). I went in line to customs, up to the counter to an older guy, and told him I'm doing my landing. He took the declaration form and passport and stamped it and wrote some stuff on it (some code I guess) and sent me to Immigration.

At immigration, I met a nice woman who greeted me and asked me if I'm doing my landing today, I said yes and handed her the papers. I only needed my passport, COPR and a picture (Kingston didn't send me one back to do the landing). She asked me how much time it took for me to get through the process, I told her 11 months but that's all relative. Asked me if I had planned to work in the same profession, I was at home country, I said yes. She filled in my COPR and asked me if I ever committed any criminal offenses since I applied and if I had any dependents, I said no to both and signed the COPR. She said that the PR card would take 6 weeks to come.

After this, she said welcome to canada and sent me to another officer. I got my bags and was sent to another officer and he asked if I have anything else to be shipped to me (car, furniture, etc). I said basically clothes and he had me fill out a form citing everything I was bringing into the country later, and I signed it. He was very pleasant and helpful. Quick note, when he first looked at my passport and didn't see the visa, he asked where it was and I told him that I am from a visa-exempt country. Then I showed him the letter that Kingston sent me stating that I didn't need a visa. After I signed the document, he said welcome to canada and asked if I need a trolley for my bags, I told him no (as I am pretty strong guy ;D... but then I later got a trolley ;D) and he directed me outside. Had to call wife quick, she said she was 5mins away sound super excited and asked if everything went well. We embraced and had a long kiss when I saw her.

You can just imagine what went down that night... the end ;D.

Again, thank you very much forum members for all your support and encouragement along this very difficult process, couldn't have kept a calm composure without you guys. Don't worry, you all will be done very soon as well.

I will be popping in every now and then to see what's up... all the best ;D!!!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
thegentleman said:
Well, it's official... I am now a Canadian Permanent Resident!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ok, quick landing story...

I took a transit flight from the US and it was a quite a rainy day when I landed there. Had to wait 3 hours on my flight into Canada. Didn't realize they changed the gate to my flight on me until the last minute. I boarded plane and it was quite small and someone was sneezing the entire flight... hope I am not sick :D. This Canadian airport usually has weather issues when landing but this time at night it was beautiful and this was the first time I landed at night and saw all of the lights on the land beneath.

So anyway, lemme get to the good stuff... I landed and they announced that we could use our cell phones before we get into the customs, I was trying to call my wife to left her know I had landed (yeppie!) but no cell phone signal :)(). I went in line to customs, up to the counter to an older guy, and told him I'm doing my landing. He took the declaration form and passport and stamped it and wrote some stuff on it (some code I guess) and sent me to Immigration.

At immigration, I met a nice woman who greeted me and asked me if I'm doing my landing today, I said yes and handed her the papers. I only needed my passport, COPR and a picture (Kingston didn't send me one back to do the landing). She asked me how much time it took for me to get through the process, I told her 11 months but that's all relative. Asked me if I had planned to work in the same profession, I was at home country, I said yes. She filled in my COPR and asked me if I ever committed any criminal offenses since I applied and if I had any dependents, I said no to both and signed the COPR. She said that the PR card would take 6 weeks to come.

After this, she said welcome to canada and sent me to another officer. I got my bags and was sent to another officer and he asked if I have anything else to be shipped to me (car, furniture, etc). I said basically clothes and he had me fill out a form citing everything I was bringing into the country later, and signed it. He was very pleasant and helpful. Quick note, when he first looked at my passport and didn't see the visa, he asked where it was and I told him that I am from a visa-exempt country. Then I showed him the letter that Kingston sent me stating that I didn't need a visa. After I signed the document, he said welcome to canada and asked if I need a trolley for my bags, I told him no (as I a pretty strong guy ;D... but then I later got a trolley ;D) and he directed me outside. Had to call wife quick, she said she was 5mins away sound super excited and asked if everything went well. We embraced and had a long kiss when I saw her.

You can just imagine what went down that night... the end ;D.

Again, thank you very much forum members for all your support and encouragement along this very difficult process, couldn't have kept a calm composure without you guys. Don't worry, you all will be done very soon as well.

I will be popping in every now and then to see what's up... all the best ;D!!!
Welcome home, the gentleman! Thanks for sharing your landing story with us. +1. :D