+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

tessi68

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for sharing your story ready to move on. All the best and blessings to u hubby and step children. Love live and laugh.

mrsbrown

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
PC redo jan 29. In process march 7
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 27.2014
Thanks for the kind words, and shared story... it does help during all this waiting.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Kingston,Jamaica

ready_fi_move_on said:
God Bless you all
Wow......God bless you too ready_fi_move_on , that is quite the story and thank you for taking to time to write and share it with the forum. I have a few questions if you do not mind answering them.

"The interview went fairly well my husband did lose his temper when the immigration office passed her place with him." When you say that the immigration officer passed her place and your hubby lost his temper - sounds a bit like my husband when he went for a TRV interview and the officer was very rude and asked some very invasive questions. - Do you mind sharing what the officer said/did to upset you hubby and offer any advice to those of us that may have to face that in the future?

"1 week after the interview we get a request for DNA TEST (Surprise surprise)" Wow, this shocks me - is it a normal request or why did they say to you that it was needed for your file if you had all documents?

"Less than a week after sending in the passport we get a call for an io stating they got a letter with new information about our case and this has be investigated before a visa can be issued , apparently someone still don't know for sure who it is but I have some ideas of who sent in a letter to immigration that our application is a fraud" - Something similiar happened to my husband and myself on one of my visits to him in Trinidad (before we submitted out immigration application) and we followed up with the police and other authorities and to this day we have never received an answer. Did immigration tell you who they received this letter from? I know you have an idea, it just seems to me that when people are trying to stir up trouble when others are innocent they should be held accountable, it's like they are commiting the fraud themselves. Were you folks or immigration able to do anything about it?

Many thanks and so glad to hear the good ending to the story.

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Thanks for keeping it real. Your story was very powerful and I agree with you about what the enemy is always trying to do. can't believe that someone would have really sent a letter to CIC in that regard but I know even your best friend can be your worst enemy and sometimes you'd be surprised to know who it is. But such is life. You live and you learn. Life goes on and these things can just be chalked down to experience. Whatever their plan was it failed and you came out victoriously. Thanks for the encouragement and best wishes to you and your entire family

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Thanks for sharing ready_fi_move_on; it has really given me hope.

I must say this forum has made me more patient when I realised how long persons have been waiting and such I have humbled myself.

But at times its hard when everyday your two year old ask for daddy and you don't know what to say.

I will continue to hold my faith that God will make it happen this year.

Safe travel to all those going to JA; I just returned and as usual no regrets.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Re: Reply: Kingston,Jamaica

CdnandTrini said:
Wow......God bless you too ready_fi_move_on , that is quite the story and thank you for taking to time to write and share it with the forum. I have a few questions if you do not mind answering them.

i have no problem answering your questions

"The interview went fairly well my husband did lose his temper when the immigration office passed her place with him." When you say that the immigration officer passed her place and your hubby lost his temper - sounds a bit like my husband when he went for a TRV interview and the officer was very rude and asked some very invasive questions. - Do you mind sharing what the officer said/did to upset you hubby and offer any advice to those of us that may have to face that in the future?

The immigration officer was talking all kinds of s*it ,she asked very innaprioate things then to top things off she tell my husband that she believe our marriage is just about papers ,that’s when he lost it and told her that she can keep her damn visa cause weather it is in Canada or Jamaica our family will be togather no matter what, (he said some other things too but I wont mention that lol)

"1 week after the interview we get a request for DNA TEST (Surprise surprise)" Wow, this shocks me - is it a normal request or why did they say to you that it was needed for your file if you had all documents?

The reason why they asked for DNA test is because my step daughter was born during the course of our relationship, we had done our own dna test however they still need one done by there dr’s

"Less than a week after sending in the passport we get a call for an io stating they got a letter with new information about our case and this has be investigated before a visa can be issued , apparently someone still don't know for sure who it is but I have some ideas of who sent in a letter to immigration that our application is a fraud" - Something similiar happened to my husband and myself on one of my visits to him in Trinidad (before we submitted out immigration application) and we followed up with the police and other authorities and to this day we have never received an answer. Did immigration tell you who they received this letter from? I know you have an idea, it just seems to me that when people are trying to stir up trouble when others are innocent they should be held accountable, it's like they are commiting the fraud themselves. Were you folks or immigration able to do anything about it?

I honestly don’t know if they did anything about it, the lady told me it was an anonymous letter, however I don’t believe so because she also said she would not tell me who wrote the letter in fear I would get myself in trouble

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Reply: Kingston,Jamaica

ready_fi_move_on said:
CdnandTrini said:

i have no problem answering your questions

The immigration officer was talking all kinds of s*it ,she asked very innaprioate things then to top things off she tell my husband that she believe our marriage is just about papers ,that's when he lost it and told her that she can keep her damn visa cause weather it is in Canada or Jamaica our family will be togather no matter what, (he said some other things too but I wont mention that lol)

The reason why they asked for DNA test is because my step daughter was born during the course of our relationship, we had done our own dna test however they still need one done by there dr's

I honestly don't know if they did anything about it, the lady told me it was an anonymous letter, however I don't believe so because she also said she would not tell me who wrote the letter in fear I would get myself in trouble
Wow again......thanks for replying. It is unbelievable how many stories there are of rude IOs and the fact that they treat people so poorly after most have been through so much by the time it gets to the interview. Abuse of power in the worst way, who can blame your husband for reacting like that. Shame on Cdn immigration for that. Thank God it is over for your family now and you can all finally be together. Happy days ahead, enjoy :)

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
thanks much

i am still having problems with other government agency's as well though
since i put in the application for cctb for my step daughter in January i have not seen a dime in fact they cut my daughters off as well. no skin off my back though cause all that goes into savings for there education when they get older and i know that things will resolve and all that money will come as back pay one day
hmmm i tell you if its not one thing it is another ??? ???

canuck0468

Nov 5, 2012
Good afternoon forum family and happy pre-friday. KG has sent a little good news but we would like a lot more please, now this is a wise woman:
A woman and a man are involved in a car accident; it's a bad one. Both of their cars are totally demolished but amazingly neither of them are hurt.

After they crawl out of their cars, the woman says, "So you're a man, that's interesting. I'm a woman. Wow, just look at our cars! There's nothing left, but fortunately we are unhurt. This must be a sign from God that we should meet and be friends and live together in peace for the rest of our days."

Flattered, the man replied, "Oh yes, I agree with you completely!"

"This must be a sign from God!" The woman continued, "And look at this, here's another miracle. My car is completely demolished but this bottle of wine didn't break. Surely God wants us to drink this wine and celebrate our good fortune."

Then she hands the bottle to the man, The man nods his head in agreement, opens it and drinks half the bottle and then hands it back to the woman.

The woman takes the bottle, immediately puts the cap back on, and hands it back to the man.

The man asks, "Aren't you having any?"

The woman replies, "No. I think I'll just wait for the police..."

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canuck0468 said:
Good afternoon forum family and happy pre-friday. KG has sent a little good news but we would like a lot more please, now this is a wise woman:
A woman and a man are involved in a car accident; it's a bad one. Both of their cars are totally demolished but amazingly neither of them are hurt.

After they crawl out of their cars, the woman says, "So you're a man, that's interesting. I'm a woman. Wow, just look at our cars! There's nothing left, but fortunately we are unhurt. This must be a sign from God that we should meet and be friends and live together in peace for the rest of our days."

Flattered, the man replied, "Oh yes, I agree with you completely!"

"This must be a sign from God!" The woman continued, "And look at this, here's another miracle. My car is completely demolished but this bottle of wine didn't break. Surely God wants us to drink this wine and celebrate our good fortune."

Then she hands the bottle!!! to the man, The man nods his head in agreement, opens it and drinks half the bottle and then hands it back to the woman.

The woman takes the bottle, immediately puts the cap back on, and hands it back to the man.

The man asks, "Aren't you having any?"

The woman replies, "No. I think I'll just wait for the police..."
lol :p!!! Very funny ;)

danielle902

Oct 6, 2011
Barrie Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21st 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2nd 2012
Med's Request
Nov 9th 2012
Med's Done....
July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
ready_fi_move_on said:
Good afternoon family
I see a lot of you here are very frustrated by this whole process but I just wanted to let you know to hold the faith things will get better. I though maybe if I shared my story with you then you will see that the road is rough but there is a silver lining at the end of the rainbow.
So here is my story My husband and I have been together for well over 7 years. We got married 2 and half years ago.
December 2010. Our application was put in March 2011. I waited for 6 months without hearing one word from immigration Canada no Aor no approval noting. I was very ignorant to the system and had not found this site yet.
Skip forward to September 2011 I met a lady who sponsored her husband from Cuba, I tell her what has been happening to me and she gives me advice on what to do. I call cic only for them to tell me that they received my application in march but shortly after I cancelled my application (like wtf when in the hell did that happen) after having a major break down I go and see a family friend who is a lawyer who decided to help free of charge, he advised me that this would take sometime so the best bet if I wanted my husband here with me was to reapply while he works on trying to get me my money back that I paid for the first application. At this time I was in a financial situation and had just returned from Jamaica so I was broke as a joke. Skip forward to March 2012 I had been introduced to this forum but was lurking in the back ground reading and deciding if I should join, at the same time I put in my second application
And the wait again began by April I had not heard anything so I finally decide to come out of the wood works and talk to the people on this forum (everyone here was so encouraging and for the first time I felt a bit of hope)
After 102 days of waiting I finally get my AOR and on the same day I get my approval. Let me tell you it was the first time that my tears were of joy instead of sorrow. The summer went by I made 2 trips to see my husband still not a word from Kingston I send an email nothing I send another email nothing again( panic starts to kick in) then comes September and I log onto ecas and WOW my file now says INPROCESS (yes happy dance its almost over, or so I thought) well with my luck I know you don't see smoke without fire so of course here come the fire 2 days after my file goes to in process my husband calls and tells me he received an email requesting an interview date set for 3 weeks late on October 8th. Well isn't this great I already have my ticket booked to go to Jamaica but I am supposed to return to Canada on October 6th but there is no way that I am not gonna be there to support my hubby while he is being drilled about our relationship so I call the travel agent and change my return date for the 10th. Then we get another email requesting that we provide additional proof (seriously the western union receipts form the last 4 years , pics that date back to 2004,before we even started dating all that and you still want more evidence) LOL yeah Kingston wants evidence because cic never sent all that to Kingston(big surprise). So on the day of the interview my husband and I walked up to security with a bankers box filled with pictures letters from family, friends foes whoever would write a letter on our behalf , phone records everything but the kitchen sink.
The interview went fairly well my husband did loose his temper when the immigration office passed her place with him.
1 week after the interview we get a request for DNA TEST (Surprise surprise)
Then finally at the end of November we finally get the magical call for passport request (breath sigh of relief)
Yeah right at the rate things have been going there has to be more things cant go so smoothly now, soo of course less than a week after sending in the passport we get a call for an io stating they got a letter with new information about our case and this has be investigated before a visa can be issued , apparently someone still don't know for sure who it is but I have some ideas of who sent in a letter to immigration that our application is a fraud and that my husband served 3 years in jail (lol what a laugh my hubby has not gotten so much as a speeding ticket let alone been to jail.)
But family I tell ya the lord was in control that day and the immigration officer who was handling our file was an angle sent down from above she checked out things in record time saw that the information for that letter did not add up and 1 week later dhl picked up my husband and step daughters passport for Kingston and he went in the next and there in the passports were the shiny pretty little visas. We wasted no time and 5 days later they landed @ Pearson.

My reason for sharing my story with all of you is to let you know that the road is tough and very frustrating and the devil will throw all he has at you , but PLEASE keep the faith and don't worry because at the end of every storm is a beautiful rainbow.

Even after your spouse lands there will be bumps in the road still but it will all be worth it
I am still going through with issues with the government ,but you know what the worst is over and it will be for all of you as well.

God Bless you all
Very inspiring and gives me hope. Thank you for taking the time to post your story.

D

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
:eek: Where are you peeps? :eek:

This thread has NEVER been so quiet... :'(

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Headed to cottages for the long weekend already?

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
CharlieD10 said:
Headed to cottages for the long weekend already?
Good night Charlie!

Some have headed to JA - yay for them! I think the rest of us are feeling blue about this whole process.

Any words of wisdom you'd care to share with us to help us through the wait?

Thanks for popping by to visit!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
:) I was passing through to give an eye, I am back to lurking these days, I don't say much, just watch the proceedings.

As for words of wisdom, well, all I can share is what I learned. To feel up and down through this process is normal. It is also normal to feel like someone else is in charge of your life, and that they are holding up your progress (yes, KG, I mean you). However, I also learned that no-one but me is in charge of how I choose to meet the challenge of the waiting.

So, I took charge by:

1) Waiting positively. It's OK to be miserable sometimes, but not all the time, it doesn't make things any better. Of course, you miss your spouse and want to get started with the rest of your lives, but the end of immigration is not the end of challenges to your marriage, so get in some practice through this process of dealing with challenges together, even from a distance.

2) Waiting actively. As the applicant, I was headed for a new life in a new country, so I tried to prepare myself for it by reading Canadian news, watching Canadian TV, familiarising myself with what would be different about where I was going to live as opposed to where I was coming from (A LOT!). My husband, as the sponsor, tried to have certain things prepared for my arrival, like he knew I wanted a place in the house to be able to read so he built me bookshelves, he had paperwork ready to go for my SIN and health cards, he advised his bank that I would need to be added to his account, he began networking on my behalf to help me find a job, those kinds of things.

Always remember, KG is in charge of when you get the visa, true, but only you are in charge of what happens before, during, and afterwards, and you need to be prepared for it! :)