+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Nevaeha said:

oneandonly!!!!! I've been wondering where you have been hiding!!! How are you and hubby?
Have been busy for the most part with work and getting ready for hubby when he comes home. Getting all that shopping done. Hubby and I are well how are you and hubby doing?

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Wishing you all that are going down to JA a safe and enjoyable trip with your spouses. For the ones who are already there enjoy yourselves while you spend time in the sun and enjoy every second to minute with your spouse. For the rest of us that are here all alone remember this process will soon be over and our spouses will be here forever. I keep my mind off the process by talking to hubby a lot on the phone, look at photos, reminisce and plan some goals for our future when he lands home. Keep a positive mind and keep praying God is amazing he will answer our prayers soon.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
oneandonly said:
Have been busy for the most part with work and getting ready for hubby when he comes home. Getting all that shopping done. Hubby and I are well how are you and hubby doing?
Awww, your hubby is one lucky guy, you're always taking such good care of him. :D

My hubby and I are are anxious for him to get to Canada so we can continue our lives TOGETHER in Canada!!!! I think all of us on the forum feel the exact same way! Hopefully we will hear something in June when our bring forward date approaches. Fingers crossed! I received our GCMS notes early last week and there is work being done on our application because dates have changed since I last ordered them. Progress!
:D

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
I'm pretty sure all of our spouses are lucky to have us in our life. If I'm not taking care of him who will take my place? As what he says "I'm an amazing wife his life has changed since I came into it that what he says" from day one since we dated I took care of him and let me tell you this man is one expensive guy lol.

We can't wait to be together forever to start our life and accomplish our dreams and goals. Everyone on here must feel the same way. I hope an pray you hear something real soon how do you get a bring forward date?

Nevaeha said:
Awww, your hubby is one lucky guy, you're always taking such good care of him. :D

My hubby and I are are anxious for him to get to Canada so we can continue our lives TOGETHER in Canada!!!! I think all of us on the forum feel the exact same way! Hopefully we will hear something in June when our bring forward date approaches. Fingers crossed! I received our GCMS notes early last week and there is work being done on our application because dates have changed since I last ordered them. Progress!
:D

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
oneandonly said:
I hope an pray you hear something real soon how do you get a bring forward date?
Here is my understanding of bring forward date(s):

All of us have an annual bring forward date which is one year to the date we received sponsorship approval. At that time, if your application has not been finalized, a visa officer will pull your file and review it to see what is outstanding. It's a follow up reminder date for your file to be looked at again.

Also, there are bring forward dates on your Admissibilities i.e. Security, Criminality, Medical, etc. which are found in your GCMS notes. However, these dates are not annual dates (except maybe the medical expiry) it can be any date that the officer needs to do follow up on something specific i.e. they requested a document they are waiting for so they put a date two months from now (as an example). So on July 20, they will pull your file to verify they received the document they requested.

To read more about this topic and have a better understanding, type 'bring forward date' in the search engine on this forum. Happy reading!

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Well thank you Nev I will look out for Dec or sooner. Love to have hubby home for our birthdays and X-Mas.

Nevaeha said:
Here is my understanding of bring forward date(s):

All of us have an annual bring forward date which is one year to the date we received sponsorship approval. At that time, if your application has not been finalized, a visa officer will pull your file and review it and see what is outstanding. It's a follow up reminder date for your file to be looked at again.

Also, there are bring forward dates on your Admissibilities i.e. Security, Criminality, Medical, etc. which are found in your GCMS notes.

To read more about this topic and have a better understanding, type 'bring forward date' in the search engine on this forum. Happy reading!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
oneandonly said:
Well thank you Nev I will look out for Dec or sooner. Love to have hubby home for our birthdays and X-Mas.
Keep up the positive thinking and your hubby will be here before you know it!

I added a little more to my original post so that 'bring forward dates' make a little more sense. But trust me, if you search them on the forum, there is a lot of useful information about them. It will also make you feel a lot better understanding how our applications are constantly being worked on, even if our GCMS notes don't reflect it. Kingston is VERY hard at work behind the scenes!

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Thank you Nev for your uplifting spirits like always. I got sponsorship approval in 14 days or so. Kingston is hard at work I keep sending additional documents. I will keep reading up on the bring forward date thank you.

Nevaeha said:
Keep up the positive thinking and your hubby will be here before you know it!

I added a little more to my original post so that 'bring forward dates' make a little more sense. But trust me, if you search them on the forum, there is a lot of useful information about them. It will also make you feel a lot better understanding how our applications are constantly being worked on, even if our GCMS notes don't reflect it. Kingston is VERY hard at work behind the scenes!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
oneandonly said:
Thank you Nev for your uplifting spirits like always. I got sponsorship approval in 14 days or so. Kingston is hard at work I keep sending additional documents. I will keep reading up on the bring forward date thank you.
And thank YOU for making time in your busy schedule to pop in and say hello. I honestly worry about everyone's well being on this thread, this process can get rough, and I don't like when it gets too quiet. :-*

Any other lurkers out there today? :eek: Drop in and let us know how you are feeling. :D

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Your so welcome were a family and its wonderful how complete strangers going through the same process is so caring towards each others well being. Your hubby has a wonderful wife. I hope we all could have a reunion one day meet each other.

SweetieQ

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
When God is ready for us.
Does anyone know which country you can travel to from jamaica without a visa?

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Antigua & Barbuda (6m); Argentina (30d); Bahamas (3m); Bangladesh (90d);
Barbados (6m); Belize (1m); Botswana (90d); Chile (90d); Colombia (90d);
Cook Islands (31d); Curacao (3m); Dominica (6m); Ecuador (90d); Fiji (4m);
Grenada (3m); Guyana (6m); Haiti (3m); Hong Kong (3m); Israel (3m); Kenya (3m);
Kiribati (30d); Korea [South] (3m); Lesotho (90d); Malawi (90d); Malaysia (1m);
Mauritius (60d); Micronesia (30d); Montserrat (3m); Niue (30d); Panama (180d);
Peru (183d); Philippines (21d [extensible]); Singapore (30d); South Africa (90d);
St.Kitts & Nevis (3m); St.Lucia (6w); St.Vincent & the Grenadines (1m);
Suriname (90d); Swaziland (30d); Trinidad & Tobago; Uganda (6m); Uruguay (3m);
Vanuatu (30d); Venezuela (90d); Zambia (90d); Zimbabwe (3m) [d=days; m=month(s)]

SweetieQ said:
Does anyone know which country you can travel to from jamaica without a visa?

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
oneandonly said:
Antigua & Barbuda (6m); Argentina (30d); Bahamas (3m); Bangladesh (90d);
Barbados (6m); Belize (1m); Botswana (90d); Chile (90d); Colombia (90d);
Cook Islands (31d); Curacao (3m); Dominica (6m); Ecuador (90d); Fiji (4m);
Grenada (3m); Guyana (6m); Haiti (3m); Hong Kong (3m); Israel (3m); Kenya (3m);
Kiribati (30d); Korea [South] (3m); Lesotho (90d); Malawi (90d); Malaysia (1m);
Mauritius (60d); Micronesia (30d); Montserrat (3m); Niue (30d); Panama (180d);
Peru (183d); Philippines (21d [extensible]); Singapore (30d); South Africa (90d);
St.Kitts & Nevis (3m); St.Lucia (6w); St.Vincent & the Grenadines (1m);
Suriname (90d); Swaziland (30d); Trinidad & Tobago; Uganda (6m); Uruguay (3m);
Vanuatu (30d); Venezuela (90d); Zambia (90d); Zimbabwe (3m) [d=days; m=month(s)]
Good afternoon :)

You can also travel to Cuba and Dominican republic. Visa's are given upon arrival and you don't need to apply for them. They are also able to go to Mexico without a visa

mrsbrown

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
PC redo jan 29. In process march 7
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 27.2014
One and only. Does Ecas say you are in process? What additional documents did they ask for? Did they ask by email?

SweetieQ

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
When God is ready for us.
Thank you ladies Sammystorm, Nev for the information.