+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

just want to share my timeline PR for Live-in caregiver=)

ellla

Mar 16, 2009
Jan. 30,2009 Mail-in complete PR Application + Open permit
Feb. 2,2009 Received in CIC
Feb.19,2009 Started processing Application
July 20,2009 Received Open permit and medical instructions

Carmenutsa

Sep 25, 2009
[
[/quoteHi, Ella. I also am in teh live-in-caregiver program. I'd like to know more about how your process has been going on and if you have your PR yet. Where country are you from? And were you nervous when you applied or do you think it's just a formality? This is my email : niculescu_carmen@yahoo.com

I'd appreciate it very much if you would contact me. I really need to find out from someone who's gone through the same.

Thank you,

Carmen

mydesire

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Ottawa
This is gonna be fun and very informative thread, I am also gonna apply my applications in 2 months, just want to know where you from and do you have family, husband/wife/ children that your going to sponsor?
thanks for starting this thread

Basya

Oct 17, 2009
Anyone working NOT as live-in caregiver while waiting for an open work permit? Is it possible to get a work permit for let's say a live-out position after 2 years of live-in and before open work permit is issued?

Basya

Oct 17, 2009
Anyone knows if live-in caregiver allowed to spend weekends outside the employer's house? Is being away on weekedns a big issue?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Basya said:
Anyone knows if live-in caregiver allowed to spend weekends outside the employer's house? Is being away on weekedns a big issue?
What you do, where you go on your days off should not be an issue. If the week ends are your days off, then you can go where you want to.

alterego

Nov 17, 2009
Hi guys! I'm a new live-in caregiver here in BC. Just wanna know if somebody knows about this. Is it true that after 6 months of my stay here can my employer already apply me for a permanent resident? I heard this from our overseas worker welfare administration office in our country. I hope somebody can infos about this.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
alterego said:
Hi guys! I'm a new live-in caregiver here in BC. Just wanna know if somebody knows about this. Is it true that after 6 months of my stay here can my employer already apply me for a permanent resident? I heard this from our overseas worker welfare administration office in our country. I hope somebody can infos about this.
Hi,

You should have asked the name of the program. Is there a possibility for you to get in touch with anybody who's from there? This would greatly benefit a lot of caregivers who're slugging it out waiting for two years to be able to apply for permanent residency. Here's what the write up say:

Applying for permanent residence in Canada

You must complete at least two years of employment as a live-in caregiver to apply for permanent residence in Canada. You must have completed these two years of employment within three years of your arrival in Canada. The two-year requirement does not include any extended time away from Canada. For example, if you go away on vacation for three months, that time will not be included as part of the two years of employment. In some countries, you may need to reapply for a temporary visitor visa before you return to Canada. If you leave Canada for more than one year or if your work permit has expired, you will have to reapply to the overseas visa office to return to Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program. You are free to leave the program and return permanently to your home country at any time. However, you should give adequate notice to your employer.

If you apply to stay in Canada, you must complete an application for permanent resident status. You can obtain an application guide by contacting the CIC Call Centre or by visiting the CIC Web site. You must prove that you have worked as a full-time live-in caregiver for two years. As proof of your employment, you can use a statement of earnings or T4 slips and any other documentation that would help to prove your work record. If you have changed jobs since your arrival in Canada, you should have a record of employment from each of your former employers. You will not have an ROE for your present job. If you have used your ROEs to apply for Employment Insurance, HRCC staff can provide you with copies.

Your application for permanent residence in Canada will not be assessed on the basis of your financial situation, skills upgrading in Canada, volunteer work, marital status or the number of family members you have in your country of origin. However, you could be found ineligible for permanent residence if you, your spouse or common-law partner, or any of your family members have a criminal record or a serious medical problem.

Your application for permanent residence could be cancelled if you misrepresented your education, training or experience to the visa officer when you first applied under the program.

http://www.liveincaregiverprogram.com/

sleepysophie

Dec 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

No, I do not have dependents on my application. Before I applied, I already saw the PR processing time under LCP and it was 6months for the first stage approval. I suppose mine got approved a month earlier since I applied with no dependents though I'm not sure. CIC call center agents always say its a case-to-case basis :D

Actually, I am wondering how long the whole process might take.:)
Hope ellla could update this thread.

S

safii

hi sleepysophie
my 2 years( as a live in caregiver) will be completed on august 2010.so what u suggest me what is rite time to send my papers for open work permit n pr card.
before my current work permits expire.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
safii said:
hi sleepysophie
my 2 years( as a live in caregiver) will be completed on august 2010.so what u suggest me what is rite time to send my papers for open work permit n pr card.
before my current work permits expire.
Submit your application when you have your 24 months not before.