+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

just want to share my timeline PR for Live-in caregiver=)

sleepysophie

Dec 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi safii

jobseeker is right. You have to fulfill the requirement of working as a live-in caregiver for 24 months.

With regards to your personal message about completing the application, I suggest you download or request a copy of the guide on this link below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/live-in.asp

It is best to have a hard copy. :)
I just followed everything what is in there. Good luck!

Carmenutsa

Sep 25, 2009
Hi, sleepysophie! May I ask where you're from and did you get a letter where CIC stated they received your application and started processing it? What is the AOR you were talking about?

I've been waiting for 4 months today, and I'm single myself, in the live-in-caregiver program. I was just wondering if it might take 5 months in my case or six. I'm so anxious.

Carmenutsa

Sep 25, 2009
Oops, I guess it would help you if I gave you the name of it, eh? Google the website: abc nannies British Columbia or Canada.

sohney

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
hi job seaker
my work permit expires when 12 days left in 24 months.my work permit expire on 18july 2010 but my 24 months will be completed on 1august 2010
just because of these 12 days do i have to apply for extend my work permit??
do i need to new Lmo for this?my current empoly is ready to hire me for more 6 months if i need it.
plzzzzzz help

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
sohney said:
hi job seaker
my work permit expires when 12 days left in 24 months.my work permit expire on 18july 2010 but my 24 months will be completed on 1august 2010
just because of these 12 days do i have to apply for extend my work permit??
do i need to new Lmo for this?my current empoly is ready to hire me for more 6 months if i need it.
plzzzzzz help
Yes you have to apply for a new work permit now. It takes 86 days to process WP renewal for the same employer. And the processing of PR (first stage approval) takes 6 months. If you want to be able to stay in Canada and wait till you have your OWP, you need to be able to stay in Canada legally. There was a post by dben in one of the threads that a new LMO is not needed but you need a new contract.

honeylemontea

Jan 15, 2010
ellla said:
Jan. 30,2009 Mail-in complete PR Application + Open permit
Feb. 2,2009 Received in CIC
Feb.19,2009 Started processing Application
July 20,2009 Received Open permit and medical instructions
ellla,
did you get your PR? if you yes, when did you got it?

mydesire

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Ottawa
Is anyone here submitted application for PR (live in caregiver Program) last December?
I submitted my application last December 08, 2009, and they received it December 11, 2009, Its been more than a month since they received it but when i check it online the application is not processing. I dont know maybe because of holiday in December, Im just a bit afraid because my work permit will expire in August 2010.

azzzz

Jan 26, 2010
aug 24 application received in cic
sep 21 started processing
till now havnt received anything

sohney

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
hi job seeker
im working as alive in caregiver
i'll renew my work permit in april2010 for 1 year.that expire in july2010
my visa expired in dec 2009.for renewal of work permit do i need to apply for visa extension or not?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
sohney said:
hi job seeker
im working as alive in caregiver
i'll renew my work permit in april2010 for 1 year.that expire in july2010
my visa expired in dec 2009.for renewal of work permit do i need to apply for visa extension or not?
Hi,

First, apply for the extension of your work permit. Then apply for an extension of your TRV (so you can leave Canada and re-enter again, in case you need to), once you have your new work permit.

sleepysophie

Dec 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carmenutsa said:
Hi, sleepysophie! May I ask where you're from and did you get a letter where CIC stated they received your application and started processing it? What is the AOR you were talking about?

I've been waiting for 4 months today, and I'm single myself, in the live-in-caregiver program. I was just wondering if it might take 5 months in my case or six. I'm so anxious.
Hi Carmenutsa.
I'm from Alberta. I just checked the status online (cic.gc.ca) and there I saw that they were already processing my papers.
As for my case, it took 6 months before I receive my Open work permit which is also the first stage of approval for the PR application.
Hope this helps :)

honeylemontea

Jan 15, 2010
I have send my PR application on Nov. 21, 2009. And i have track the mail it shows that the mail arrived on Nov. 24, 2009. However, i have check my application processing status online today, it still shows "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided." Since the CIC did not send anything to confirm that they have recieved my application, i start to worry if they really received it. Is there any way I can check it?