+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

just want to share my timeline PR for Live-in caregiver=)

kajjal

Jan 19, 2010
want to share my time line

applicant for pr + owp sent on -- sep 24,09
received on -- sep 28,09
started processing on -- nov 5,09
received owp + medical instructions on -- april 16,2010.

good luck every one.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
kajjal said:
want to share my time line

applicant for pr + owp sent on -- sep 24,09
received on -- sep 28,09
started processing on -- nov 5,09
received owp + medical instructions on -- april 16,2010.

good luck every one.
Hi kajjal,

Do you have any dependents (spouse/children)? Thanks.

chiqirp

Apr 21, 2010
Hi I'm barely new to this anyways just want as much information possible thanks I would like to apply as a nanny in canada I got experience and am a hard worker now the thing is I'm not legally in the usa though do you think I could still get a visa here in florida or would I have to go to my country to get one? I do have a boyfriend but he can't sponsor me he hasn't ask for a pardon for something he did years ago. Is there any site that can help me find a job in canada? Please any information I would be grateful for.

Also he wants to marry me would that affect me if I do since he hasn't ask for a pardon. Would he need to ask for a pardon in order to get married?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
chiqirp said:
Hi I'm barely new to this anyways just want as much information possible thanks I would like to apply as a nanny in canada I got experience and am a hard worker now the thing is I'm not legally in the usa though do you think I could still get a visa here in florida or would I have to go to my country to get one? I do have a boyfriend but he can't sponsor me he hasn't ask for a pardon for something he did years ago. Is there any site that can help me find a job in canada? Please any information I would be grateful for.

Also he wants to marry me would that affect me if I do since he hasn't ask for a pardon. Would he need to ask for a pardon in order to get married?
Forum members will be able to better reply to your query if you start a new thread/topic.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/index.asp

Applying from the US without status may not be a very good idea, as applying for a work visa is temporary in nature and if you are now out of status in the US then Canadian visa officers might think you may overstay in Canada too.

kajjal

Jan 19, 2010
hi job seeker
no i don't have any family (dependent/spouse)so how long u think its gona take after medical. i m from india. what they gona do now.
thanx

lai1279

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
owp-pr application sent-11-21-09(LC1)
send appli nov
start process feb
untill now no update yet

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
lai1279 said:
send appli nov
start process feb
untill now no update yet
First stage processing seems longer these days :(. It is now 6-7 months but you never know, sometimes the officer who has your application works faster than the others. You're almost done with the 6 months anyway. all the best.

lai1279

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
job seeker,

yeh i noticed that too and the saddest thing is my family in the philippines has not received any application kit from the immigration knowing others their family received the kit aftre 3 months of sending their application..im really worried about this...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
lai1279 said:
job seeker,

yeh i noticed that too and the saddest thing is my family in the philippines has not received any application kit from the immigration knowing others their family received the kit aftre 3 months of sending their application..im really worried about this...
I think your family in the Philippines will receive the application kit after you received your AIP/OWP. It just takes longer to process these days.

lai1279

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
job seeker thanks for ur immediate respond.. i really appreciate it..

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
thanks for the thread! so after the first stage approvsal, how long it will take for me to wait? i have a husband and son in the phil, i wil apply this august 2010, do you think getting an immigration consultant will make the application faster?

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
rosellyalung said:
thanks for the thread! so after the first stage approvsal, how long it will take for me to wait? i have a husband and son in the phil, i wil apply this august 2010, do you think getting an immigration consultant will make the application faster?
Getting an immigration lawyer wont make it make it faster,it will still take the normal processing time.Sometimes the processing time you see on the CIC website is nt even correct.They wrote on their website now that they are processing LIC for October but when i called their office,i was told they are on Feburary.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
really monalizy?ty! y husband is actually PR in singapore, where r u in canada? update me plso i will knowhat to do hat is the number of the cic? i am planing to go on vacation after i pass the papers for pr, i hope this will not affect my waiting time and processin time ty

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
I'm in Ontario.I will advice you wait and collect ur PR b4 goin on vacation to be on a saver side.One cant predict these immigration officers,they turn down geniune applications everyday for an irrelevant reason.

rosellyalung said:
really monalizy?ty! y husband is actually PR in singapore, where r u in canada? update me plso i will knowhat to do hat is the number of the cic? i am planing to go on vacation after i pass the papers for pr, i hope this will not affect my waiting time and processin time ty

mydesire

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Ottawa
mydesire said:
December 08, 2009 - submit my application for PR (LCP)
December 10, 2009 - CIC receive my application ( trace it through canada post)
March 01, 2010 - Started processing (thank God!)

Case: married with 1 son and husband in the Philippines
Wala p rin nareciv yung husband ko sa pinas, but waiting na aq sa owp ko maybe 1st week ng july.
I'll keep you posted any upadates na mareciv ko, sana yung iba din magshare ng timeline.