+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

just want to share my timeline PR for Live-in caregiver=)

tinkermarie

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yey, i will pass it as soon as i can....no need to worry He's with me, if talagang dito ako sa canada, talagang dito lang ako in His will...thanks sidney...

God bless and Good luck for our application and will ust keep on praying for the best:)

bongbong

May 2, 2011
Hi guys, please bear with me since I'm still starting on my application for the Live-In Caregiver program, just got the approved LMO last week.
My question is--I'm currently single, (so that is my status on the LMO application which was applied by my employer), now my employer informed me that I would need to submit the additional papers for the Immigration application not later than October this year (so I would still be single by then).

The thing is, if I were to get married soon (before actually flying to Canada),
-will the change of status affect my application?
-will I need to inform the Embassy of such plan?
-where I can direct this question?

Salamat to those who can help me...

northshore

Jun 26, 2012
Re: passport/workpermit

hi job_seeker,
Please helpme about this:
1.is it possible to change employer anytime?what is best and valid reason?
2.mypassport willexpire in 2014 as well as mywork permit too, if it will take 3months to process the workpermit, should i need to apply for extension of work permit for my prospect employer?
hoping to read some inputs.thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Re: passport/workpermit

1. No reason; if the work does not fit then find new employer.
2. Prospective employer should apply for LMO in your favour after signing a contract with you. You can then apply for a new work permit. It is illegal to start working with the new employer with out the work permit in his/her name. Also you must give notice to your current employer as stipulated in your contract.

northshore said:
hi job_seeker,
Please helpme about this:
1.is it possible to change employer anytime?what is best and valid reason?
2.mypassport willexpire in 2014 as well as mywork permit too, if it will take 3months to process the workpermit, should i need to apply for extension of work permit for my prospect employer?
hoping to read some inputs.thank you

lianacona

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
96--
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2012
AOR Received.
13-07-2012
Med's Request
13-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012 Sent to CEM:..: 31-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Refused, October 12, 2012
bongbong said:
Hi guys, please bear with me since I'm still starting on my application for the Live-In Caregiver program, just got the approved LMO last week.
My question is--I'm currently single, (so that is my status on the LMO application which was applied by my employer), now my employer informed me that I would need to submit the additional papers for the Immigration application not later than October this year (so I would still be single by then).

The thing is, if I were to get married soon (before actually flying to Canada),
-will the change of status affect my application?
-will I need to inform the Embassy of such plan?
-where I can direct this question?

Salamat to those who can help me...
Bongbong, what happened to your above situation? The same ang problem ko ngayon. Seguro nakalampas ka nasa problemang ito, pakishare naman. I need answers to your questions above. One thing, my bf will also leave for CA kapag nakakuha ng TWP. Parehos kami na nag aapply. Many thanks for answering my query. You may email me. Pls. see my profile.

sugariris

Feb 5, 2012
Hello guys!

Just wanted to ask something. Is it true that after finishing our 18 months as a Live-in caregiver, we can start gathering our docs and begin passing our requirements for the OWP and PR application? Thanks a lot!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You need to finish either 24 months (option 1) or 3900 hours (in 22 months, option 2) before you can send the application. Sure you can start gathering your documents so that when you reach requirement for either option you can then submit your PR/OWP application.

sugariris said:
Hello guys!

Just wanted to ask something. Is it true that after finishing our 18 months as a Live-in caregiver, we can start gathering our docs and begin passing our requirements for the OWP and PR application? Thanks a lot!