+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just got my passport back after name change ... Disappointed :(

LovingMyCanuck

Star Member
May 8, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got my passport back after I requested a name change. I wasn't expecting them to give me a whole new passport book! I was going to use my passport pages as proof that I visited my husband in Canada, now I don't have those proofs! I don't have flight itenieraries either. Ahhhhhh. Those pages were also going to give me dates to answer some questions on our forms.

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
If you bought the tickets online, you might still have the itineraries in your email?

You can also check your bank statements. If you ever spent money on debit/credit while you were up there, it'll show in your bank statement, which can give you the dates. You can even use these as proof of travel if you need to.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I've always been given my old passport back when getting a new one. You could go back to the passport office and ask them to return the old one. If they say 'no,' ask them to make copies of those pages and explain the reasons.

FS

teeandmike

Oct 21, 2011
california
Category........
Visa Office......
la
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 7 2012
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
may 31 2012
File Transfer...
june 5 2012
Med's Done....
feb 25 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
october 17 2012
VISA ISSUED...
nov 7/2012 received in mail nov 13
LANDED..........
dec 14 2012
I changed my name to married name a few months ago,and got a new passport ,also got my old passport back,they punched a little hole in it so it could not be used.When i applied the form had a section where it asked if you wanted your old passport back.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LovingMyCanuck said:
I just got my passport back after I requested a name change. I wasn't expecting them to give me a whole new passport book! I was going to use my passport pages as proof that I visited my husband in Canada, now I don't have those proofs! I don't have flight itenieraries either. Ahhhhhh. Those pages were also going to give me dates to answer some questions on our forms.
Which nationality?

If it's your US passport, they usually send the expired passport back in a separate envelope so it may arrive a few days apart.

LovingMyCanuck

Star Member
May 8, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhC@The US :)

And thanks everyone! I just contacted the passport place I am just waiting for an email. If I can't get them back, then I'll just explain it in my timeline and provide bank statements.

Forester2000

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2012
AOR Received.
July 24th 2012
File Transfer...
July 24th 2012
Med's Done....
May 12th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 8th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 17th 2013
I've always been able to contact the airlines directly asking them for confirmation of previous flight dates. They sent me a formal letter detailing what flights I had taken with them. Just explain that you need them for an immigration matter.
Hope that helps.

LovingMyCanuck

Star Member
May 8, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Forester2000 said:
I've always been able to contact the airlines directly asking them for confirmation of previous flight dates. They sent me a formal letter detailing what flights I had taken with them. Just explain that you need them for an immigration matter.
Hope that helps.
I have done that, but it didn't work apparently they don't keep the itineraries ...

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LovingMyCanuck said:
OhC @ The US :)
Then the cancelled one will be in the mail in a couple days. :). They process them in a different place from where they get printed so they get mailed separately.

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
God Im nervous now....

I just sent in my passport for a name change too. I can't believe I forgot to scan those pages before I sent it in!!

I think they only return the ones that are expired huh?? Arggh I'm so mad at myself right now!!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheerio said:
God Im nervous now....

I just sent in my passport for a name change too. I can't believe I forgot to scan those pages before I sent it in!!

I think they only return the ones that are expired huh?? Arggh I'm so mad at myself right now!!
They should return them all - they cancel it for you and send it back (often in a separate envelope so it freaks folks out that you get the new one but none of the docs you sent...for a few days)

See the State Department's website for confirmation ;)

LovingMyCanuck

Star Member
May 8, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is an update, I emailed them and they said if it was not with my mail, it would come separately in 2 weeks if not, I would have to contact them again. :) whew.

Cheerio

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Yay! =) Eitherway I dug deep into my emails and found my itenereries (sp?).

But thanks for the confirmation!