Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
For people wanting to email Ralph / CSE / Email VO's:

Don't stress those people more than necessary. As long as we're still within the 6 month time period, they probably give you a standard reply. Don't ruin it for everyone by stressing them more than necessary with unnecessary questions :)

bsb0804

Sep 5, 2018
Hi all, Is it alright if someone else, not the PA sends and receives passports after the PA receives the PPR email?

We're leaving the US and going to India soon and would rather still send our passports to Ottawa (through a friend in Canada) than change our VO to NDVO.

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
How's the job market in that city?
Half the jobs here are oil-related in some way. So when oil price dropped in 2015, a lot of people were laid off. It's slowly picking back up again. I've been here for 2 years and having a great time. I love that the mountains are so close, so in summer we go hiking a lot, and in winter there's plenty of skiing/snowboarding etc. to do. And with the chinooks, the weather is not even that crazy (compared to e.g. Manitoba / Saskatchewan)

Last edited:

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
This concerns me more compared to other two options. I think this avenue may get shut down pretty soon. I see people on August / September thread also now contemplating mailing him.
Sadly yes and I wouldn't blame him. Many people are also complaining that he is taking more than two days to respond.

Reactions: Donald Trumppp

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
This concerns me more compared to other two options. I think this avenue may get shut down pretty soon. I see people on August / September thread also now contemplating mailing him.
Agree, this is just an added "service" he provides. Sad people immediately start abusing those channels. Just get GCMS Notes or call if you want an update!

Reactions: Donald Trumppp

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Agree, this is just an added "service" he provides. Sad people immediately start abusing those channels. Just get GCMS Notes or call if you want an update!
Well its a natural phenomenon to take an easy route if its available. So I kind of get it ... but don't get it at the same time. To each of his own. My worry is it will be spoiled for people who really need it.

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Well its a natural phenomenon to take an easy route if its available. So I kind of get it ... but don't get it at the same time. To each of his own. My worry is it will be spoiled for people who really need it.
My thoughts exactly! He should start sending out standard replies for everyone under 6 months :D

Reactions: cansha

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hey, we might be neighbours. I'm a Petroleum Engineer. How about you buy me my first drink when I land?
Half the jobs here are oil-related in some way. So when oil price dropped in 2015, a lot of people were laid off. It's slowly picking back up again. I've been here for 2 years and having a great time. I love that the mountains are so close, so in summer we go hiking a lot, and in winter there's plenty of skiing/snowboarding etc. to do. And with the chinooks, the weather is not even that crazy (compared to e.g. Manitoba / Saskatchewan)