+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

kumarjo

Feb 25, 2015
KavAgAv said:
Guys,

Anybody from June landed recently at Rainbow bridge, can share their experience?
Hi,

I recently landed at Rainbow bridge on weekdays at 10 pm (yes its 10 pm).
I did flag-poling at USA and it was just 2 mins affair for me.
Then I came to Canada and the entire immigration process took 15 mins. The officers were really blessed.

info_sk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 9
Med's Request
jan 27
Med's Done....
march 3
kumarjo said:
Hi,

Then I came to Canada and the entire immigration process took 15 mins. The officers were really blessed.

Great Stuff!

How long did it take for you to get your passport back after you sent it for VISA?

KavAgAv

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
kumarjo said:
Hi,

Thanks kumarjo. I am going today in the morning, hope it won't be crowded.

KavAgAv

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
info_sk said:
Great Stuff!

How long did it take for you to get your passport back after you sent it for VISA?
My passport came back in 7 business days

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
PP62 said:
how you can say that .....I don't think so until desicion made on it. Dear..... ???
count you blessings!
I only have 2 lines in my ECAS ;D

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
Astro.CA said:
count you blessings!
I only have 2 lines in my ECAS ;D
ECAS is not trustable....Sometime, if you have 2 lines only, then you will get PPR before than me..According to me, Its just like lotto game...They randomly select soem one file and make decision on it.

I wish for mine best as you said. :D

colrainwx1985

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
PP62 said:
ECAS is not trustable....Sometime, if you have 2 lines only, then you will get PPR before than me..According to me, Its just like lotto game...They randomly select soem one file and make decision on it.

I wish for mine best as you said. :D
Hey bro, when is your MR? Are you on second review?

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
colrainwx1985 said:
Hey bro, when is your MR? Are you on second review?

yes. Second Review,I did upfront Medical on Dec.08 2014. My spouse did Medical on july.24 2014 when she came to canada on Open work permit. Then I got email on july 09 2015 for re-assessment of medical for Spouse only. I did in canada on same day.

Thanks.

colrainwx1985

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
PP62 said:
yes. Second Review,I did upfront Medical on Dec.08 2014. My spouse did Medical on july.24 2014 when she came to canada on Open work permit. Then I got email on july 09 2015 for re-assessment of medical for Spouse only. I did in canada on same day.

Thanks.
Thanks for your information.

It seems the VO stops processing the first review cases again.

bbsos, do you consider sending the letter to minister Chris Alexander? I don't know what else we can do.... How CIC handles complains leaves me no choice.

LFB72

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
29-08-2014
Med's Request
20-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received in mail 11-02-2016
colrainwx1985 said:

It seems the stupid VO stops processing the first review cases again.

bbsos, do you consider sending the letter to minister Chris Alexander? I don't know what else we can do.... How CIC handles complains leaves me no choice.
I have written to the minister - as I feel contacting CIC directly does little to get our concerns addressed at a higher level. I did not do it to follow up on my personal application, but to address the possibility of a batch of applications possibly being overlooked, frustrations at later applications moving faster - and disappointment that the speed of express entry now seems to be to our detriment.

hisharm

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
25-07-2014
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
LFB72 said:
I have written to the minister - as I feel contacting CIC directly does little to get our concerns addressed at a higher level. I did not do it to follow up on my personal application, but to address the possibility of a batch of applications possibly being overlooked, frustrations at later applications moving faster - and disappointment that the speed of express entry now seems to be to our detriment.
Much appreciated !

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
colrainwx1985 said:

It seems the stupid VO stops processing the first review cases again.

I have the letter ready and will post it in a moment. Any non-second review people waiting without any updates can send it, this weekend, if you will.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
Here is a joint letter to the immigration minister regarding the situation of the remaining 1st review applicants. I was considering to include a group statistics but found the number hard to guess. In fact, how many people ended up sending the letter would be the best statistics by itself. We have waited for so long and wish they have started processing our applications recently, since we heard some good news from a few people last week. But this week, no progress at all. We don't really know how much longer we have to wait, because we were never given a clear feedback and there is no predictable pattern in their processing. It could be a couple weeks, or several months. Below is the letter along with a brief instruction. If you will, just send it.

Email: Chris.Alexander @ parl.gc.ca (sorry I couldn't get rid of the 'space' before and after @ , please delete the two spaces when putting the address in your email, otherwise it will fail to send)
Subject Line: June 2014 CEC issue
Time to send: This weekend (August 7,8,9), or later if you missed reading this

Dear Minister Chris Alexander,

This is a joint letter from different individuals, regarding the delayed processing of our permanent residence applications under the Canadian Experience Class program.

All of us submitted our CEC applications in June 2014, completed and passed medical exams in January/February 2015 upon request. Since then, we have not yet received any further progress on our application status. Based on our individual GCMS notes, we were all “recommended to pass” and no further action is currently required on our end. We found through our notes that our files haven't been reviewed by any visa officer after medicals for over six months, with due dates past.

Meanwhile however, we observed for some reason, processing priorities have been given to later CEC applications (submitted after June 26 and throughout July 2014 in particular). Decisions have been made for the vast majority of them since April 2015 with most applicants finished landing. Their entire application process were completed within 9-11 months, whereas we have waited for over 13-14 months and there is still not any update being made, even though we applied earlier.

We are very concerned and confused that our cases are prolonged indefinitely without any reason and that preferences continue to be given to later CEC and Express Entry applicants. Each case is different cannot explain why June applicants have been left behind in bulk while the majority of July or even certain August and October 2014 CEC applications have been processed faster, let alone Express Entry. We believe that is unfair and wrong.

We have individually contacted CIC numerous times via email and the call center, but our voices and concerns were never addressed. May we kindly ask you to look into and address the issue as soon as possible? This delay and experience have been affecting our current life and future plans in Canada for all of us and our families.

Thank you very much. Your time and response are greatly appreciated.

My personal application details are as below.

Last name: XXX
First name: XXX
Date of birth: XXX
Unique Client Identifier (UCI): XXX
Application number: XXX

Sincerely,
XXX