+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Camq said:
what if your medicals expire before CIC issues you a Copr?
Your medical should be valid for 1 year after issuing visa.(Until landing date).
They will inform you, if you need reassessment.

pkshah

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
CANADA
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
04/03/2014
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
03/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2015
LANDED..........
05/09/2015
cecjune3 said:
When did you get your medical request? If you got it recently, there is bigger chance you will receive ppr/rprf pretty soon.
I just did mine on 22nd July and they just upload yesterday

pkshah

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
CANADA
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
04/03/2014
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
03/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2015
LANDED..........
05/09/2015
Suddenly today escape add so many lines B Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on June 16, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 31, 2014.
We started processing your application on July 15, 2015.
We sent you medical instructions on July 17, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Medical results have been received.

rogerspr

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
12-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
4th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
5th Feb 2015 and sent on 12th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived, RPRF paid upfront on 12th May 2015
Passport Req..
27th Nov 2015
cecjune3 said:
When did you get your medical request? If you got it recently, there is bigger chance you will receive ppr/rprf pretty soon.
You are right, if medicals were done recently the chances of you getting PPR is high, i did my medicals back in feb and ecas was updated in june 2015, still nothing.
Also, i am a may 29th 2014 applicant. Done with medicals and rprf but just waiting with no response from CIC.

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
pkshah said:
Suddenly today escape add so many lines B Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on June 16, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 31, 2014.
We started processing your application on July 15, 2015.
We sent you medical instructions on July 17, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Medical results have been received.
Are you seeing all these lines in ECAS ??!

June26PR

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-02-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Any new update today??? :-X :-X :-X

DoctorWho

Mar 23, 2015
Hi all,

I am a June 13th applicant. Like a lot of people here, I received a request for and did my medical exam in February, and since then there has been nothing but silence. A couple of weeks ago, I got in touch with my MP's office and asked them to, please, talk to CIC and see what the status of my application is. Heard back from the MP's office yesterday. They said they'd spoken with CIC, and my application looks fine and is in queue for review by an officer in -- wait for it -- one or two months.

I guess CIC is really about three months behind schedule.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
DoctorWho said:
Hi all,

I am a June 13th applicant. Like a lot of people here, I received a request for and did my medical exam in February, and since then there has been nothing but silence. A couple of weeks ago, I got in touch with my MP's office and asked them to, please, talk to CIC and see what the status of my application is. Heard back from the MP's office yesterday. They said they'd spoken with CIC, and my application looks fine and is in queue for review by an officer in -- wait for it -- one or two months.

I guess CIC is really about three months behind schedule.
Thanks for the update.
Looks like they gave MP the same bulls..t they gave us. :(
For us it's three months behind schedule, for some people three months ahead of schedule...
Everybody could have been on schedule...

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
HI,

How did the MP contact CIC ? By calling the call centre (1888 242 2100) ? If yes then it is might not be useful.

Unfortunately, Due dates for the security and background check for the most of the June applicants will finish by next week (according to the GCMS notes ordered by everyone).

Not sure if we all will hear something in next 2 weeks atleast.

DoctorWho

Mar 23, 2015
I am not sure how exactly the MP's office contacted CIC. The lovely MP's assistant I was on the phone with said that "they spoke with CIC".

She also added that, if I remember correctly, my security assessment is in progress, and my background check (not sure what the difference is) has not been started yet. In my GCMS notes, the due date is 29 July 2015, which has obviously now passed. So I don't know if the passing of that due date propels things into action, or CIC is just so overwhelmed at the time that they let things slide and start on an application whenever they get to it, even it's past due date.

hssam said:
HI,

How did the MP contact CIC ? By calling the call centre (1888 242 2100) ? If yes then it is might not be useful.

Unfortunately, Due dates for the security and background check for the most of the June applicants will finish by next week (according to the GCMS notes ordered by everyone).

Not sure if we all will hear something in next 2 weeks atleast.

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
DoctorWho said:
She also added that, if I remember correctly, my security assessment is in progress, and my background check (not sure what the difference is) has not been started yet.
I guess you are remembering the important part of it incorrectly.
Your security check won't start, until you background check is finished.

Based on your origin country, you may or may not need security check (+/- 45 days).
I know that my security check started last month, which is what kept me calm, as I know the min amount of time it needs.

If everything is finished and you don't need security check, then you are really in queue for someone to open your file.

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
Nick666 said:
I guess you are remembering the important part of it incorrectly.
Your security check won't start, until you background check is finished.

Based on your origin country, you may or may not need security check (+/- 45 days).
I know that my security check started last month, which is what kept me calm, as I know the min amount of time it needs.

HI Nick666

"Your security check won't start, until you background check is finished."

whrer this written on CIC?
I need to know exact diffrenence between Background check and security Check and its processing time also.
Please. thanks in advance.

My GCMS notes also said.

Criminality : inprocess
Security : not started

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
PP62 said:
HI Nick666

"Your security check won't start, until you background check is finished."

whrer this written on CIC?
I need to know exact diffrenence between Background check and security Check and its processing time also.
I said that based on other applicants from my country. They all been asked for additional documents for security check, right before getting PR. (in GCMS everything else is passed)

In a few page earlier, I mentioned a link for annual report that CIC releases.
I don't remember the exact page, but for 2012-2013 it was saying they decreased the average Security screening to 35 days. (if there is any issue, it can take months)
You can search for "security screening for permanent residents"

btw, Indian applicants this year all got PPR in less than 1 week after complting the rest, so I guess they don't need comprehensive screening.

Security screening is valid for 48 months:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/protect/admissibility.asp

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
Nick, no offense, even if you saw some rules regarding security or background check somewhere, never believe them. It's all for show.

I'm not convinced of the country of origin either. There are applicants from Iran who got PR faster than someone from the UK. Or, July and EE people came from Mars who are not earth men and don't need to be checked.

If I have some suspicious record they will find it out with ease, if I don't have any they won't find anything no matter how long it takes.