Passport received - August 4, 2015
Decision Made (ECAS) - August 5, 2015
Waiting for Passport now. SIGH!!! ;D

MubinSultan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
bbsos said:
anywhere between 2 hours to 2 years, depending on how the dice is thrown :eek:
or even for your whole life , you will keep waiting and waiting, you will become father grand father, even then cic will keep processing your file, when you will die, cic authorities will send you gcms and your relatives will put it on your coffin that criminality is in progress, where there is cremation processing has finished

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
F...king lady agent.....
:mad: :'(

I just called, no information get from her, she told we are lagging 3 months...so please call back in Oct. or November

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
Astro.CA said:
I call them again on July 28 and they said background check still undoing, any idea how long this process take Some?

Background check in process also.......

I am fed up with CIC immigration process.
No one gives an accurate reply on phone or e-mail.

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
PP62 said:
Background check in process also.......

I am fed up with CIC immigration process.
No one gives an accurate reply on phone or e-mail.
After many failed attempts, you guys should know by now that you can do nothing about it and you should just chill and wait... (of course painful)
Over 16,000 permanent resident applications should be processed in a month.

Any unnecessary email or phone call, just makes the process longer for others!

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
Nick666 said:
After many failed attempts, you guys should know by now that you can do nothing about it and you should just chill and wait... (of course painful)
Over 16,000 permanent resident applications should be process in a month.

Every unnecessary email or phone call, just makes the process longer for others!
True that complaints didn't work but it doesn't make the process longer, because email processing clerks and call center agents are just like customer service, VOs are the actual production team. Their duties are totally separate. Like if I call Toyota everyday doesn't affect their production line and the amount of cars they produce.

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
bbsos said:
True that complaints didn't work but it doesn't make the process longer, because email processing clerks and call center agents are just like customer service, VOs are the actual production team. Their duties are totally separate. Like if I call Toyota everyday doesn't affect their production line and the amount of cars they produce.
Don't we send our documents via email?
Shouldn't they open, read and extract docs from important emails and send it to VO?
Imagine 5,000 useless extra email in a month they have to open and discard, while we already know that freaking processing time is increased by at least 2 months.
(they sent us emails that processing time is in average 15 months from the date they received the application... sad but it's a fact)

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
Nick666 said:
Don't we send our documents via email?
Shouldn't they open, read and extract docs from important emails and send it to VO?
Imagine 5,000 useless extra email in a month they have to open and discard, while we already know that freaking processing time is increased by at least 2 months.
(they sent us emails that processing time is in average 15 months from the date they received the application... sad but it's a fact)
Don't forget the whole process has been delayed by VOs, not by the email processing people. It is not that VOs have no cases to work on because the documents are not prepared yet. IT IS THE OTHER WAY. Documents are quickly prepared and ready but just sitting there waiting for VOs to sign.

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Nick,

I get your point but you are confirming the process as if you work for CIC ;-)
Just explain me something, if the processing time is 15 months, then how come July people got PPRs already and many of August and October people started getting updates on their applications ?
So, to summarize, we dont know the process that CIC is following and the exact reason for this delay for the June applicants. June applicants have complete rights to get frustrated but at the moment we cant do anything but just wait !!

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
hssam said:
Nick,

I get your point but you are confirming the process as if you work for CIC ;-)
Just explain me something, if the processing time is 15 months, then how come July people got PPRs already and many of August and October people started getting updates on their applications ?
So, to summarize, we dont know the process that CIC is following and the exact reason for this delay for the June applicants. June applicants have complete rights to get frustrated but at the moment we cant do anything but just wait !!
Believe me, I am deeply in pain because of the delay. My whole life is screwed up now, and I had to beg my employer for a few more weeks.
But I don't see the point of calling and filling the inbox of our only way of communication with our processing office.
It just makes me lose my calm and remember the pain more, as I know the entire process is ridiculous.

Maybe it is more useful to go to CIC website and fill forms of complaints that goes to specific groups, or use other high level channels to complain so they can hear us.

bbsos

Star Member
Oct 1, 2011
Nick666 said:
Believe me, I am deeply in pain because of the delay. My whole life is screwed up now, and I had to beg my employer for a few more weeks.
But I don't see the point of calling and filling the inbox of our only way of communication with our processing office.
It just makes me lose my calm and remember the pain more, as I know the entire process is ridiculous.

Maybe it is more useful to go to CIC website and fill forms of complaints that goes to specific groups, or use other high level channels to complain so they can hear us.
Understood. I tried the complaints form but you know their style of response.
The good news from few June 9th people sort of gave us a little hope, otherwise I was proposing to write to the minister. Who knows...

Kothem

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-06-11
AOR Received.
2014-07-23
Med's Request
2015-02-03
Med's Done....
2015-02-14
Passport Req..
2016-09-02
VISA ISSUED...
2016-23-02
LANDED..........
2016-05-03
There are hardly any updates from CIC for last couple of days. Seems like VOs are stuck in long vacation mood.

MubinSultan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Nick666 said:
Over 16,000 permanent resident applications should be processed in a month.

Any unnecessary email or phone call, just makes the process longer for others!
if we are talking about cec then its only 8000, and out of that at least 5500+ are completed, from where did you got this number 16000??? :eek: :eek:

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
MubinSultan said:
if we are talking about cec then its only 8000, and out of that at least 5500+ are completed, from where did you got this number 16000??? :eek: :eek:
CEC category is just one small group of immigrants.
Background/security check for any Canadian embassy in the world, and for all immigration applications will be processed by Government of Canada.
Unfortunately, officers in embassies or processing offices are not responsible for that, and they have to wait for an answer from responsible organization.
That's why VOs can't do anything, until they finish the job first!
btw, I have seen some visa processing in other countries told above reason for why some applications took a long time in the past few months.

e.g. If PanAM games require 20,000 visas in a short time, then government have to prioritize background check over something else. (not saying this is the reason of our delay, as we don't know)

You can read the number of applications, and even average of processing time for background check, security check, etc. in yearly reports of CIC website.

One example of report for 2013:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2013/permanent/01.asp