+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< July AOR 2023 Thread >>>>>>>>>>

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Sorry, I think I'm lost again. How do you tell the difference between FD and all completed? Is any update to GCKey that mentions "Final Decision" (even if it doesn't update the status) after you already have all completed/COPR number in the tracker a guarantee that FD (the unofficial definition, i.e. PPR/RFV is coming soon) is completed?
that FD is only updated to Approved when you are issued a physical copy of CoPR or eCOPR is sent. Till that point, it is only updated with a date (assuming that on that date some movement took place on your application).

So effectively, for IRCC, FD is FINAL only when application is fully approved, visa is stamped on passport and physical copy of CoPR issued/printed.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

WM510

Jul 20, 2023
that FD is only updated to Approved when you are issued a physical copy of CoPR or eCOPR is sent. Till that point, it is only updated with a date (assuming that on that date some movement took place on your application).

So effectively, for IRCC, FD is FINAL only when application is fully approved, visa is stamped on passport and physical copy of CoPR issued/printed.
I get that, but I was responding to this:

"A small difference though, FD = fast RFV/PPR (take it with a grain of salt with my anecdotal observations). All completed can still mean that you'll wait week(s) or month(s) for your RFV/PPR."

Obviously if you only get FD after RFV/PPR then it makes no sense to talk about FD leading to a faster RFV/PPR as opposed to all completed. So I'm not talking about the "official" FD where you have CoPR and a stamped passport. Rather, I'm trying to understand what this "unofficial" FD is and how you know if you have it, rather than just having all completed.

Put differently, according to this comment, there are 2 possibilities:
1. You have FD ->You will get PPR soon
2. You just have all completed -> you may wait a long time for PPR

So I'm assuming the comment is correct and I'm asking "How exactly do I know if I'm in position 1 or position 2?"

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I get that, but I was responding to this:

"A small difference though, FD = fast RFV/PPR (take it with a grain of salt with my anecdotal observations). All completed can still mean that you'll wait week(s) or month(s) for your RFV/PPR."

Obviously if you only get FD after RFV/PPR then it makes no sense to talk about FD leading to a faster RFV/PPR as opposed to all completed. So I'm not talking about the "official" FD where you have CoPR and a stamped passport. Rather, I'm trying to understand what this "unofficial" FD is and how you know if you have it, rather than just having all completed.

Put differently, according to this comment, there are 2 possibilities:
1. You have FD ->You will get PPR soon
2. You just have all completed -> you may wait a long time for PPR

So I'm assuming the comment is correct and I'm asking "How exactly do I know if I'm in position 1 or position 2?"
The option says it all, if you have FD, then its 1. If you have All completed (without FD), you fall in 2.

What @iSaidGoodDay meant was, if FD is appearing on your GCKey - in most cases expect PPR., If it is just All completed (without FD), expect wait time before FD appears and PPR is issued.

So (in most cases), FD ---> fast PPR ( of course with exceptions) and all completed (without FD) ----> wait for PPR

WM510

Jul 20, 2023
The option says it all, if you have FD, then its 1. If you have All completed (without FD), you fall in 2.

What @iSaidGoodDay meant was, if FD is appearing on your GCKey - in most cases expect PPR., If it is just All completed (without FD), expect wait time before FD appears and PPR is issued.

So (in most cases), FD ---> fast PPR ( of course with exceptions) and all completed (without FD) ----> wait for PPR
I still don't get it.

You have FD (FD appears on your GCKey) once your passport is stamped and you have CoPR.

So you're saying the order of events is:
I get my PPR
I send my passport
I get my passport stamped
I get CoPR
I get FD complete
Now that I have FD complete, I will get my PPR soon. Except I already had to get it way up there ^ to get to this FD complete step.

Obviously this doesn't make any sense. So there must be some "fake" FD step that comes before the start of the order of events I listed above. I'm trying to understand how you identify when you're at this "fake" FD step. My originial supposition was that you know you're at this step when you have a CoPR number in tracker and then you get an update in GCKey that mentions your final decision (but doesn't actually update your final decision status, because as we've seen, that only happens way later at the end of the process). If that's not correct, then how do you know if you're at the "fake" FD stage where you're now going to get PPR faster than if you just had all completed?

WM510

Jul 20, 2023
And to reiterate what I was saying earlier, I don't get

"What @iSaidGoodDay meant was, if FD is appearing on your GCKey - in most cases expect PPR. "

because I don't know what it means for FD to "appear" in your GCKey. The FD field is always there from the start of the process, and at different points in the process I got updates that mentioned FD but didn't change the actual status, but my understanding is that there won't be a change in status until after I already have CoPR. So how do I know when FD is "appearing" on my GCKey?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I still don't get it.

You have FD (FD appears on your GCKey) once your passport is stamped and you have CoPR.

So you're saying the order of events is:
I get my PPR
I send my passport
I get my passport stamped
I get CoPR
I get FD complete
Now that I have FD complete, I will get my PPR soon. Except I already had to get it way up there ^ to get to this FD complete step.

Obviously this doesn't make any sense. So there must be some "fake" FD step that comes before the start of the order of events I listed above. I'm trying to understand how you identify when you're at this "fake" FD step. My originial supposition was that you know you're at this step when you have a CoPR number in tracker and then you get an update in GCKey that mentions your final decision (but doesn't actually update your final decision status, because as we've seen, that only happens way later at the end of the process). If that's not correct, then how do you know if you're at the "fake" FD stage where you're now going to get PPR faster than if you just had all completed?
I didnt experience this process, but I think you are correct with understanding of "fake"FD = CoPR on tracker + update on GCKey with date on which CoPR details appear.

Ask @Lord_Tony on whose application all steps are completed (I assume) and no FD and hence the wait for PPR (which will supposedly happen after "fake"FD.)

Last edited:

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I didnt experience this process, but I think you are correct with understanding of "fake"FD = CoPR on tracker + update on GCKey with date on which CoPR details appear.

Ask @Lord_Tony on whose application all steps are completed (I assume) and no FD and hence the wait for PPR (which will supposedly happen after "fake"FD.)
That scenario where the tracker has all 4 items green/completed but GCkey has no FD Date often happens at RROC. In that VO they bunch all the AOR dates 1-15 and 16-31st of a month together. Hence all those RROC applications after all 4 tracker items are approved will remain idle without a GCkey FD, sometimes even for a few months.
When RROC picks that 15-day bunch they give FD to all of them, assign them FD in Gckey in a couple of days to a week give PPR or portal emails after that. I heard in one of the threads RROC are right now finishing June 2nd fortnight AOR has now moved into July.
I'm assigned to Etobicoke now, not with CPC ottawa anymore, I see the FD date October 27th in GCkey, but unfortunately no approval yet. After Sep'23 in Montreal, it typically takes 2-3 months to get portals and eCOPR, and in Etobicoke it typically takes 1-2 months, so I'm continuing my wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: CNP

WM510

Jul 20, 2023
That scenario where the tracker has all 4 items green/completed but GCkey has no FD Date often happens at RROC. In that VO they bunch all the AOR dates 1-15 and 16-31st of a month together. Hence all those RROC applications after all 4 tracker items are approved will remain idle without a GCkey FD, sometimes even for a few months.
When RROC picks that 15-day bunch they give FD to all of them, assign them FD in Gckey in a couple of days to a week give PPR or portal emails after that. I heard in one of the threads RROC are right now finishing June 2nd fortnight AOR has now moved into July.
I'm assigned to Etobicoke now, not with CPC ottawa anymore, I see the FD date October 27th in GCkey, but unfortunately no approval yet. After Sep'23 in Montreal, it typically takes 2-3 months to get portals and eCOPR, and in Etobicoke it typically takes 1-2 months, so I'm continuing my wait.
"That scenario where the tracker has all 4 items green/completed but GCkey has no FD Date"

I'll try again: what does it mean for GCKey to have a FD date? We already established that this doesn't happen until after everything including CoPR and passport stamping is finished.

Basically the only question I've been asking in the last however many posts is "If I'm looking at my GCKey, what exactly do I see if I'm in the situation where I can expect PPR soon, and what do I see if I'm in the situation where it could take a couple of months?"

This is what my GCKey says:
"Latest update:
Final decision - November 7, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. "

But I also got this exact same message several months ago when some of the other steps started, so this alone cannot be enough to say I'm in the position where I can expect PPR soon.

Again, what I'm assuming is that the combination of:
I got this update AND
I got a COPR number in tracker at around the same time

is what constitutes the "fake" Final Decision and indicates that PPR should come soon. But this is what I'm trying to confirm, and if this is wrong, then how do I know that I'm at that point?

WM510

Jul 20, 2023
When people say, "I have final decision in GCKey", what I would expect that to mean is that GCKey says something like this:

"Latest update:
Final decision - November 7, 2023: A final decision has been made on your application. Further information will be sent indicating how to proceed."

But it was established that nobody ever gets a message like this (at least until after PPR/CoPR) because GCKey wasn't designed to send updates that fast or whatever.

So what I'm assuming people actually mean when they say they have FD in GCKey, is that they have all steps completed in tracker, plus the actual GCKey message I posted in the previous response rather than the fake one I wrote here. Again, this is what I'm trying to verify.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Mate, None of us here are experts in IRCC IT systems or message logs, we all will be able to tell from personnel experience or what we have seen with others in this forum threads. Also unfortunately as I mentioned way back in my first reply to you. There is no uniformity with IRCC in the steps or processes each VO does it different.

What I referred to FD is 'Final decision - Final decision Month DD,YYYY Your application is in progress.' This message appears in GC Key, you seem to have it now. This happens for most Inland candidates before the portal email email comes. Some outland like you get it also, it is a sign the PPR/RFV email might will come soon. I doubt there is a set date or time internal for RFV. Most often a week but can drag even 6 months for some unlucky ones.

To your question how do you know what point you are? Only suggestion I can give is in if you don't get PPR in a week & assuming your PVO/SVO is outside Canada then raise a Webform and ask them when your PPR letter will come. If your VO is inland tough luck it might take a few weeks to get a response. The VO will either reply asking for more time or will send the PPR/RFV letter. I feel you are wasting time worrying, asking questions in forum which I doubt any more of us can help you. You are confusing yourself with these questions.

WM510

Jul 20, 2023
Mate, None of us here are experts in IRCC IT systems or message logs, we all will be able to tell from personnel experience or what we have seen with others in this forum threads. Also unfortunately as I mentioned way back in my first reply to you. There is no uniformity with IRCC in the steps or processes each VO does it different.

What I referred to FD is 'Final decision - Final decision Month DD,YYYY Your application is in progress.' This message appears in GC Key, you seem to have it now. This happens for most Inland candidates before the portal email email comes. Some outland like you get it also, it is a sign the PPR/RFV email might will come soon. I doubt there is a set date or time internal for RFV. Most often a week but can drag even 6 months for some unlucky ones.

To your question how do you know what point you are? Only suggestion I can give is in if you don't get PPR in a week & assuming your PVO/SVO is outside Canada then raise a Webform and ask them when your PPR letter will come. If your VO is inland tough luck it might take a few weeks to get a response. The VO will either reply asking for more time or will send the PPR/RFV letter. I feel you are wasting time worrying, asking questions in forum which I doubt any more of us can help you. You are confusing yourself with these questions.
Alright, thanks. I understand that there is no set rule and that it's always possible to get stuck on any step right up to the point where you have a stamped passport, but there seems to be a general understanding here that if you're at point X (specifically, what you call "FD"), it's very likely (albeit not guaranteed) that you get to the next step soon, so all I'm trying to understand is if I'm at that point. My interpretation of your answer is that I am, so I think you answered my question even if you didn't understand it.

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
Hello All,

Thanks for all your great advice on this thread.

I would like to know if I should request for a GCMS report. My eligibility was completed since September 25th but since then nothing has been done. When I called, I was told only security is yet to start. My AOR is July 31st making it 100 days since I submitted. My PVO is CPC Ottawa, SVO CIO Sydney. I am FSW outland.
i am pnp outland 31 july AOR eligibility passed on 24 Aug, security left pvo Edmonton and svo Vancouver, they are yet to reach july applications

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
i am pnp outland 31 july AOR eligibility passed on 24 Aug, security left pvo Edmonton and svo Vancouver, they are yet to reach july applications
Plenty of July AOR approvals here if you go back in the thread and see. There's no evidence to suggest that they've not reached July applications yet.

Olivia7

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
July 14 AOR
PNP-Inland
last update 20 days ago:
  • We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.