+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< July AOR 2023 Thread >>>>>>>>>>

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello All,

Thanks for all your great advice on this thread.

I would like to know if I should request for a GCMS report. My eligibility was completed since September 25th but since then nothing has been done. When I called, I was told only security is yet to start. My AOR is July 31st making it 100 days since I submitted. My PVO is CPC Ottawa, SVO CIO Sydney. I am FSW outland.
GCMS notes will give you the same overview as tracker in your case. Not sure if there's a point in getting it. If you were unclear on the status of your background check, it would give more context - but in your casem you already are well aware of where your application is stuck.

Reactions: Dan247

Dan247

Jun 10, 2022
GCMS notes will give you the same overview as tracker in your case. Not sure if there's a point in getting it. If you were unclear on the status of your background check, it would give more context - but in your casem you already are well aware of where your application is stuck.
Thank you very much for your response.

In your opinion, should I be worried? Could there be an undesired outcome from this delay. I know I have nothing negative in my background and shouldn’t be worried, its just this fear of something might be wrong. What are the chances of refusal after medicals, eligibility and criminality is completed (passed)?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thank you very much for your response.

In your opinion, should I be worried? Could there be an undesired outcome from this delay. I know I have nothing negative in my background and shouldn’t be worried, its just this fear of something might be wrong. What are the chances of refusal after medicals, eligibility and criminality is completed (passed)?
nah, you are overthinking it. Unlikely that you'll have to worry about your background check and with medicals and BIL you are R10 pass.

About your eligibility, if the officer had any issues - they would've issued an ADR or a PFL at best. Since it is completed and you've received neither, there's nothing for you to worry about.

Reactions: Dan247

Dan247

Jun 10, 2022
nah, you are overthinking it. Unlikely that you'll have to worry about your background check and with medicals and BIL you are R10 pass.

About your eligibility, if the officer had any issues - they would've issued an ADR or a PFL at best. Since it is completed and you've received neither, there's nothing for you to worry about.
Thank you very much for your reply.

WM510

Jul 20, 2023
I have Final Decision in GCKEY account and can see COPR in tracker on exact 120th day after AOR. The day is here!!!
Just wondering - what exactly does your final decision section on GCKey say when it's done? Asking because I also had an update to the Final Decision section + COPR number in tracker, but even after the update the section still reads "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.", which obviously means the FD hasn't actually been made yet.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Just wondering - what exactly does your final decision section on GCKey say when it's done? Asking because I also had an update to the Final Decision section + COPR number in tracker, but even after the update the section still reads "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.", which obviously means the FD hasn't actually been made yet.
The subsection will always stay that way as GCKey was a legacy tool that wasn't intended to reflect the status updates at the pace at which IRCC is currently working.

Fwiw, as per the true definition, it should only be completed once your passports are stamped or either you are virtually landed.

WM510

Jul 20, 2023
The subsection will always stay that way as GCKey was a legacy tool that wasn't intended to reflect the status updates at the pace at which IRCC is currently working.

Fwiw, as per the true definition, it should only be completed once your passports are stamped or either you are virtually landed.
Oh, okay, so a COPR number being added to tracker contemporaneously with a FD update on GCKey is basically as good as a "Final decision has been made, PPR/next steps are coming" message?

shawn.s

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Oh, okay, so a COPR number being added to tracker contemporaneously with a FD update on GCKey is basically as good as a "Final decision has been made, PPR/next steps are coming" message?
Correct. There is no Final Decision with a decline in their systems. FD = you are clear.

Masked Maverick

Star Member
Jun 17, 2023
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 08, 2023
AOR Received.
July 08, 2023
Med's Done....
June 08,2023
I have my COPR visible in the tracker.
FD in GC key still says "in progress" but now it shows the date Nov 7, 2023 under it. Hopefully, will receive the mail in a few days.

Thanks all for the wonderful support and suggestions.
Upwards and onwards we go!!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: shawn.s

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
A small difference though, FD = fast RFV/PPR (take it with a grain of salt with my anecdotal observations). All completed can still mean that you'll wait week(s) or month(s) for your RFV/PPR.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

WM510

Jul 20, 2023
Correct. There is no Final Decision with a decline in their systems. FD = you are clear.
Alright. I'm still a little confused by this because my "Final decision" has updated a couple of times throughout the process, so it doesn't seem that clear-cut which final decision update is the "true" final decision, but I guess the COPR number also reflecting on tracker is a strong hint that that's what it is.

Also, I'm shocked and appalled that IRCC doesn't communicate this in a clear and ambiguous way, they're usually so good at communicating with applicants xD

Last edited:

WM510

Jul 20, 2023
A small difference though, FD = fast RFV/PPR (take it with a grain of salt with my anecdotal observations). All completed can still mean that you'll wait week(s) or month(s) for your RFV/PPR.
Sorry, I think I'm lost again. How do you tell the difference between FD and all completed? Is any update to GCKey that mentions "Final Decision" (even if it doesn't update the status) after you already have all completed/COPR number in the tracker a guarantee that FD (the unofficial definition, i.e. PPR/RFV is coming soon) is completed?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Sorry, I think I'm lost again. How do you tell the difference between FD and all completed? Is any update to GCKey that mentions "Final Decision" (even if it doesn't update the status) after you already have all completed/COPR number in the tracker a guarantee that FD (the unofficial definition, i.e. PPR/RFV is coming soon) is completed?
Yes, there is no uniformity these differ by VO sometimes even different within the same office. It is best to learn to patient and diligently follow-up with IRCC without getting annoyed or alarmed, continuing with our regular lives until we get the approvals.