+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
The reason why it appears dead is because those who go smoothly do not always post updates here (like the two non-Regina applicants above that just passed tests), but those that have delays in their processing come here to complain, ask questions etc. So this is why this forum appears like a collection of horror stories - citizenship judge hearings, RQ's, lost files, residence calculation errors made by agents etc.etc. The bottom line is that there is nothing we can do to speed up the bureacracy. And nobody really cares about our painful wait...
I think you make a good point there. The spreadsheet might not be representative of what is actually happening. It seems many users simply do not update it or may not even log on here until they have an issue.

Reactions: Katayoon

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Okay. So i got the fingerprint request from st. Claire office.
So... what should i do.? How does this work.? Electronically.? Where to go.?
Plz advice

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
Hi Guys,

I'm one of the August's applicant. Are the things really going slow for you(July applicants) guys as the excel sheet suggests or are the users are too lazy to update it?
Eh? It similar to the other months (June, May). Check the averages comparison sheet.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eh? It similar to the other months (June, May). Check the averages comparison sheet.
September is over and we only have 3 test invites...last month almost 20% of June applicants had their test invites...maybe it is a slowdown or maybe we are lazy on updates or maybe we all have complicated backgrounds here hence long security checks....who knows. I just try to detach, focus on my short life which this citizenship is not gonna make any longer :mad:

Reactions: NevPen

dibooooostar

Apr 18, 2012
I got a finger print request. Can i do it directly from the rcmp not throw commisioners. Why most of the applicants go throw the commisioners?
Please help. I can see that commisioners will get money and they will send it anywhy to rcmp!!!
Do i have to have appointment or something?

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
September is over and we only have 3 test invites...last month almost 20% of June applicants had their test invites...maybe it is a slowdown or maybe we are lazy on updates or maybe we all have complicated backgrounds here hence long security checks....who knows. I just try to detach, focus on my short life which this citizenship is not gonna make any longer :mad:
We got decision made. Posted my timeline earlier. I don't think the sheet has been updated in a while.

swapno

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
How do I know which office I belong to? I am an august applicant from Hamilton, ON. Currently my application in process.
Another question -I changed my mailing address which is more than 10 days, but no change. Do I need to use the web form or try to call them?

Sue_Sam

Dec 19, 2011
I've just received fingerprint request by mail. I managed to get an appointment in my local police station and was wondering whether it makes a difference in getting it done through a 3rd party like commissionaires? I see a lot of applicants in this forum getting it through commissionaires. My understanding is that the prints must be sent to RCMP for processing anyway.

Appreciate any advice please,

Many thanks
I get it through 3rd party and CIC already got it

Sue_Sam

Dec 19, 2011
I called CIC today to see if they received my Fingerprint result and they already got it by Sept. 21st. waiting to see what is next, Good luck for all of us

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
I get it through 3rd party and CIC already got it
Thanks for replying. Yes I've already got it done through a 3rd party. The benefit in getting it done through a 3rd party like commissionaires is you can authorize the RCMP to send the report directly to IRCC. The local police service didn't give me that option and said that the report will be sent to me. So I have to forward it to IRCC.

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
I called CIC today to see if they received my Fingerprint result and they already got it by Sept. 21st. waiting to see what is next, Good luck for all of us
That's fast... Hope the FP process wont delay the application process too much. Good Luck!