Test Date eCas - 07th Sep, 2107
Test Date - 20th Sep, 2017
Decision made - 21st Sep, 2017
Oath date - We wait
Well that’s quick!!

Reactions: devilhimselff

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
I was having a look at the excel spreadsheet. What is happening with July? Are folks not updating it, or IRCC is hibernating? I hope they are not busy with preparing for the 3/5 years rule changes; and the huge number of refugees crossing the southern border. If they are stretching the same resources to cover all these aspects, then it appears that the waiting time will hit record points from now on.

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
I am more scared by the extra documents they requested from some members here. Like entry/exit record from the country of citizenship :mad: I do not even want to imagine in my worst nightmares how many months it will take me to get these.
You can get in online for Turkey in one click from e-government ;)

Reactions: Katayoon

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
I was having a look at the excel spreadsheet. What is happening with July? Are folks not updating it, or IRCC is hibernating? I hope they are not busy with preparing for the 3/5 years rule changes; and the huge number of refugees crossing the southern border. If they are stretching the same resources to cover all these aspects, then it appears that the waiting time will hit record points from now on.
It's pretty much dead for july applicants ...

koor

Jul 5, 2012
Sorry folks for being out of the loop for a while. I've had a very busy time. I applied through the urgent processing route and here is my timeline:

1. AOR July 6, 2017.
  2. Processing started July 10, 2017.
  3. Test letter dated August 24, 2017, and the test on September 14, 2017
Since the test date my status hasn't changed and is still In Process. Is it normal?

Please update the excel sheet.

I had clear evidence from my employer which I submitted along with my application. If you have clear written evidence, IRCC undoubtedly does consider your application for urgent processing. Here is what the IRCC website says:

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:

• apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship

Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-urgent.asp

dibooooostar

Apr 18, 2012
I am trying to call IRCC on 1-888-242-2100 from skype and it does not work.

Is it working with you ? or it does not work with skype ?

Is there any other phone numbers ?

ozzy214

Aug 11, 2017
Sorry folks for being out of the loop for a while. I've had a very busy time. I applied through the urgent processing route and here is my timeline:

1. AOR July 6, 2017.
  2. Processing started July 10, 2017.
  3. Test letter dated August 24, 2017, and the test on September 14, 2017
Since the test date my status hasn't changed and is still In Process. Is it normal?

Please update the excel sheet.

I had clear evidence from my employer which I submitted along with my application. If you have clear written evidence, IRCC undoubtedly does consider your application for urgent processing. Here is what the IRCC website says:

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:

• apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship

Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-urgent.asp
Lucky for You, We had asked to have my Wife's Citizenship Processed Urgently But,They Didn't Accomodate it,Just Because They Said that We can Request a Passport From Our Cirrent Nationality, Even Though my Wife's Mother is Seriously ill, And it was really Unexpected it Happened at the time that they are applying for a Citizenship.

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
I've just received fingerprint request by mail. I managed to get an appointment in my local police station and was wondering whether it makes a difference in getting it done through a 3rd party like commissionaires? I see a lot of applicants in this forum getting it through commissionaires. My understanding is that the prints must be sent to RCMP for processing anyway.

Appreciate any advice please,

Many thanks

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's pretty much dead for july applicants ...
The reason why it appears dead is because those who go smoothly do not always post updates here (like the two non-Regina applicants above that just passed tests), but those that have delays in their processing come here to complain, ask questions etc. So this is why this forum appears like a collection of horror stories - citizenship judge hearings, RQ's, lost files, residence calculation errors made by agents etc.etc. The bottom line is that there is nothing we can do to speed up the bureacracy. And nobody really cares about our painful wait...

koor

Jul 5, 2012
Lucky for You, We had asked to have my Wife's Citizenship Processed Urgently But,They Didn't Accomodate it,Just Because They Said that We can Request a Passport From Our Cirrent Nationality, Even Though my Wife's Mother is Seriously ill, And it was really Unexpected it Happened at the time that they are applying for a Citizenship.
Sorry that they didn't consider it. I think you can apply for Certificate of Identity which is similar to passport if you could prove that your country of origin would not issue you a passport on time.

Amad44

Jul 21, 2017
Hello everyone, I have had my application returned to me because my personal photos were not stamped by the photographer unfortunately,
So I resent my application on Aug 8 and it's delivered by Aug 11/17
I got my AOR on September 19
And now shows in process September 21 .
Please update my status.
Thank you