+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
Things have significantly slowed down for July and some
Of June applicants.
A very small number of July applicants have received test invitations .

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
Hi Admin, My application went to "Inprocess" on Sep 21, 2017. Please update.

Hope things are going good with everyone !

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
It seems only the Regina office is working hard. Everyone else is taking a nap :(:(:( And for the June applicants, I guess the lucky ones are from Calgary. Bad luck on all fronts!

wegafega

Jun 23, 2016
So why I am waiting to write my test in a couple of weeks. I am a bit nervous and worried about memorizing dates from 1700s, 1800s, and 1900s. I continue to practice but seems to always get the questions with "dates" wrong. Just wondering, are there a lot of questions with "dates" on the test?

I know no one has written here, but maybe have ideas from those who have written.
Thanks
just try to mark the dates with something you remember. try to get the number from the question.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
So why I am waiting to write my test in a couple of weeks. I am a bit nervous and worried about memorizing dates from 1700s, 1800s, and 1900s. I continue to practice but seems to always get the questions with "dates" wrong. Just wondering, are there a lot of questions with "dates" on the test?

I know no one has written here, but maybe have ideas from those who have written.
Thanks
Hi,

Don't worry too much about it. If you have gone through the booklet a couple of times and "understand" what it is talking about, I would be surprised if anyone will fail. I'm July applicant BTW.

The test itself was pretty easy and straight forward, got 20/20. I don't thing they want to fail anyone. Off course if you go without any preparation or have difficulty reading/understanding English/French, then that would be an entirely another matter, and, there are resources available for such scenarios.

Do remember important dates/years/importance related to topics like Canada Day (Duh!!), Magna Carta, British North America Act, Vimy day, D-Day, USA war, Women being allowed first to vote, acts for end of slavery, battle of Abraham, democracy first etc. to name a few.

The questions were structured in a sense that you can make an intelligent guess as well, and if you have read the booklet a couple of times it will ring a bell for sure.

For example, there was a question about why a structure was built and they mentioned the year in the question (when it was built) and the options were far apart in years. So if you forgot the exact reason you can still pick the closet thing that happened matching with the year mentioned in the question. If they underline something in question, pay attention.

There were not many questions specific to precise dates, and again if you miss few it should not be a big issue. Remember you have option to mess up 5 outta 20.

Also make sure you remember names of folks IN THE BOOKLET like famous Hockey player, gold medalist mentioned in the booklet, famous art individual/s, scientists, achievements. Again 1 or 2 questions like that, and if you miss out it won't be a big deal.

I split the booklet into different chapters, used highlighters, underlined important stuff to quickly review, later. I studied 2-3 days for few hours and went through the booklet 2 times. Did some online tests like Richmond Library and Apna Toronto, good for practice though booklet is a must.

Relax and just read the booklet. I enjoyed the booklet and learned a lot about Canada's history.

Again I can assure you if you read the booklet and understand what it is talking about, you will PASS. I'm not sure if we are allowed to share specifics of what was in the test, so I will refrain from posting any specific Q&A :)

TLDR:Read the Discovery Canada, and you will pass.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

kiwigirlincanada

Aug 9, 2017
Hey team,

Just in case anyone (like me) has a trip coming up and they are going to be out of the country for a period of time - you can notify the IRCC of your period of unavailability and request that the IRCC office does not schedule an appointment during this timeframe, like for your test or oath, etc. I think it's probably easier to let them know if you're going to be unavailable, rather than wait until you're assigned an appointment and can't make it. I just called them at 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) and followed the prompts to speak with an agent.

:)

Purke23

Jul 24, 2017
How many days you have to wait for fingerprint document?

When i got that paper should i sent that mail to St.Claire office in Toronto ( letter came from them to me) and how to send it? ( by regular mail or fast tracking mail)

Thank you

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hi,

Don't worry too much about it. If you have gone through the booklet a couple of times and "understand" what it is talking about, I would be surprised if anyone will fail. I'm July applicant BTW.

The test itself was pretty easy and straight forward, got 20/20. I don't thing they want to fail anyone. Off course if you go without any preparation or have difficulty reading/understanding English/French, then that would be an entirely another matter, and, there are resources available for such scenarios.

Do remember important dates/years/importance related to topics like Canada Day (Duh!!), Magna Carta, British North America Act, Vimy day, D-Day, USA war, Women being allowed first to vote, acts for end of slavery, battle of Abraham, democracy first etc. to name a few.

The questions were structured in a sense that you can make an intelligent guess as well, and if you have read the booklet a couple of times it will ring a bell for sure.

For example, there was a question about why a structure was built and they mentioned the year in the question (when it was built) and the options were far apart in years. So if you forgot the exact reason you can still pick the closet thing that happened matching with the year mentioned in the question. If they underline something in question, pay attention.

There were not many questions specific to precise dates, and again if you miss few it should not be a big issue. Remember you have option to mess up 5 outta 20.

Also make sure you remember names of folks IN THE BOOKLET like famous Hockey player, gold medalist mentioned in the booklet, famous art individual/s, scientists, achievements. Again 1 or 2 questions like that, and if you miss out it won't be a big deal.

I split the booklet into different chapters, used highlighters, underlined important stuff to quickly review, later. I studied 2-3 days for few hours and went through the booklet 2 times. Did some online tests like Richmond Library and Apna Toronto, good for practice though booklet is a must.

Relax and just read the booklet. I enjoyed the booklet and learned a lot about Canada's history.

Again I can assure you if you read the booklet and understand what it is talking about, you will PASS. I'm not sure if we are allowed to share specifics of what was in the test, so I will refrain from posting any specific Q&A :)

TLDR:Read the Discovery Canada, and you will pass.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. I have read the book once, and will try to do it two more times.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no test invite for 12 days! This is very scary :(:(:(:(:(:(
I am more scared by the extra documents they requested from some members here. Like entry/exit record from the country of citizenship :mad: I do not even want to imagine in my worst nightmares how many months it will take me to get these.