+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Hi JJS, Congrats on the test invite.

I have a question. How did you come to know of the test invite? is it through ecas status change from in process to something or did you receive an email or mail itself? The reason I am asking is, I noticed that my mailing address on ecas is wrong (somehow they have my brother's old address from where he moved couple years ago as my mailing address). I went back to check the application copy I sent to them and I have filled in all the correct information. Don't know how and why they have this wrong mailing address.
I used online web form to communicate the CIC about the wrong mailing addrss thay have on my ecas but I am yet to hear from them.

Did anyone run into this kind of issue? Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
Bhanump
Thanks banump. I received the test invite as a line 4 on ECAS. It does say about me receiving a mail but i got nothing so far. I would say check your ecas back in few days, if still not updted call them. however ecas only tells about dates.

"We sent you a notice on September 12, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 11, 2017 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

Reactions: bhanump

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agree, if you look at June tab, you will see that by the same date last month (august 18th) there were 9 people with test invites. Here we only have 3 people and all from Regina...
It seems like it's taking longer to receive test invites now . Nothing happened for july applicants so far , only a very small number of people .

kmb888

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hey guys, we received fingerprint requests despite only a few visit trips to home country, my cousin only leave for 7 days out of his time here and has many buffer dates yet they request for finger prints, health care claim history, complete history records, is this a standard process now to delay applications? It is frustrated to be in such situation where you have many more days than required and only leave Canada for 3 short trips (1-2 weeks each), yet being questioned as if we are living all our lives abroad and pretending to be in Canada. We also work here, have income deposited every months (that we submitted documents), and also paying tax every year, we did also submit phone and utilities bill, property tax and everything
Yes this is very frustrating especially for the entry/exit record you have to get from home country. We only went home once since we move here and stayed there for just 3 weeks :(

bhanump

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
18-05-2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
08-05-2012 to Detroit and "in process"
Med's Request
14-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012 Medicals Received: 20-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2012
LANDED..........
22-08-2012 Received PR card : 26-10-2012
You can update your address directly on ECaS but it will take a few days. Yes, it is not rare to see errors on mailing address on ECaS. I would go and update it without waiting for their reply to web form. It may take long...
Hi Katayoon,
Thanks! Did update the address this afternoon and keeping fingers crossed.

bhanump

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
18-05-2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
08-05-2012 to Detroit and "in process"
Med's Request
14-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012 Medicals Received: 20-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2012
LANDED..........
22-08-2012 Received PR card : 26-10-2012
Thanks banump. I received the test invite as a line 4 on ECAS. It does say about me receiving a mail but i got nothing so far. I would say check your ecas back in few days, if still not updted call them. however ecas only tells about dates.

"We sent you a notice on September 12, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 11, 2017 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."
Hi JJS, thanks for the details, will see if the right address is not updated in few days and call them.

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Hey guys, we received fingerprint requests despite only a few visit trips to home country, my cousin only leave for 7 days out of his time here and has many buffer dates yet they request for finger prints, health care claim history, complete history records, is this a standard process now to delay applications? It is frustrated to be in such situation where you have many more days than required and only leave Canada for 3 short trips (1-2 weeks each), yet being questioned as if we are living all our lives abroad and pretending to be in Canada. We also work here, have income deposited every months (that we submitted documents), and also paying tax every year, we did also submit phone and utilities bill, property tax and everything
Hi deerestlovelybear,
This is very unfortunate, but as long as you already submitted the required docs on time I think this shouldn't cause a lot of delays. I am curious tho, how long after your application is in process you received the request to provide FP, history records etc..?

Good luck!!
Michael

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Hi deerestlovelybear,
This is very unfortunate, but as long as you already submitted the required docs on time I think this shouldn't cause a lot of delays. I am curious tho, how long after your application is in process you received the request to provide FP, history records etc..?

Good luck!!
Michael
Hi Michael, finger print is received 2 days after In Process status change date

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Things have slow down significantly in July. This time last month many people have received test invite, people in mid July still not In process!!!

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
CIC is really unpredictable. Some people from June got Oath already and some people from January still waiting for the same Office.

dibooooostar

Apr 18, 2012
Guys,

They requested finger prints from me Within 30 days and i am outside canada for more than a month ib egypt.

As there anyway to do it from outside canada (lets say from the canadian consulate or so)? Do i have to cut my vacation for doing the fp!!!!! I hope that anyone can help me.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Guys,

They requested finger prints from me Within 30 days and i am outside canada for more than a month ib egypt.

As there anyway to do it from outside canada (lets say from the canadian consulate or so)? Do i have to cut my vacation for doing the fp!!!!! I hope that anyone can help me.
You should call the IRCC agents and ask what you should do..

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
So why I am waiting to write my test in a couple of weeks. I am a bit nervous and worried about memorizing dates from 1700s, 1800s, and 1900s. I continue to practice but seems to always get the questions with "dates" wrong. Just wondering, are there a lot of questions with "dates" on the test?

I know no one has written here, but maybe have ideas from those who have written.
Thanks