+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats buddy! So you got the end too. In 2 hours mine will be finished. now, you can plan for your travel with canadian passport soon. :D

yr97 said:
Thanks! Just called, told me oath is on 26th and that letter was sent by email!! Got nothing so far, but I'll wait a couple of more days I guess.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Segalesh said:
congrats buddy! So you got the end too. In 2 hours mine will be finished. now, you can plan for your travel with canadian passport soon. :D
Got my passport today, ur on the ceremony and yr97 got oath confirmed.
C'est pas mal un bon jour :)

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
Got my passport today, ur on the ceremony and yr97 got oath confirmed.
C'est pas mal un bon jour :)
Oui, c'est Ca... En plus, c'est mon anniversaire aujourd'hui :)

How long did it take you for the passport, did you apply in person ?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Oui, c'est Ca... En plus, c'est mon anniversaire aujourd'hui :)

How long did it take you for the passport, did you apply in person ?
Joyeux anniversaire eh mon ami.

Took 8 business days including the day i went to passport canada, it was mailed to my home but I was not there so post canada left notice to go pick it up.
I went to the office in chinatown 2 days after the ceremony. Be sure to get there early, I waited an hour even though I got there at 8AM ( they open at 7:30AM ).
If you go in person, original documents such as ID, citizenship certificate will be returned to you once the staff has seen them. You can ask for express pick up service with extra 50$, I think you get it within 3,4 days. In my case I travel in July so I didn't need to.

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
Joyeux anniversaire eh mon ami.

Took 8 business days including the day i went to passport canada, it was mailed to my home but I was not there so post canada left notice to go pick it up.
I went to the office in chinatown 2 days after the ceremony. Be sure to get there early, I waited an hour even though I got there at 8AM ( they open at 7:30AM ).
If you go in person, original documents such as ID, citizenship certificate will be returned to you once the staff has seen them. You can ask for express pick up service with extra 50$, I think you get it within 3,4 days. In my case I travel in July so I didn't need to.

Congrats my friends, Passport and fête. my journey finished too. I'll apply next Monday personally. because I need my Ids.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Segalesh said:
Congrats my friends, Passport and fête. my journey finished too. I'll apply next Monday personally. because I need my Ids.
Finally got oath letter in mail for June 23rd.. Thanks guys for all the support. Special thanks to fellow montrealers jrjayl and Segalesh.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Finally got oath letter in mail for June 23rd.. Thanks guys for all the support. Special thanks to fellow montrealers jrjayl and Segalesh.
been long enough, it should be time for you. congrats yet again!
now the weekend will be a nice rainy one lol

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
been long enough, it should be time for you. congrats yet again!
now the weekend will be a nice rainy one lol
Thanks man.. Btw, do you know anything about this ? http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/brand-new-form-at-the-oath-t305368.0.html
Will the indent to reside apply to me ?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Thanks man.. Btw, do you know anything about this ? http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/brand-new-form-at-the-oath-t305368.0.html
Will the indent to reside apply to me ?
I was not aware of that when I did my oath. There was only one form I needed to sign which is to confirm the oath taking and some conditions.
After the oath, you will be a canadian citizen and thus the Charter of Rights and Freedom will apply.

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrts buddy. happy for you. :)

yr97 said:

Maya2015

May 28, 2015
Hi,

Finally I got my test invitation after 11 months from Montreal office.

Please share your experience for exam. Any tips? Is it just multiple choice test? What is pass grade?

Which document should I take with me?

Many thanks.

so12345

Jan 19, 2015
Hello!! After 11 months waiting and being my partner RQ'ed we got invitation for Test this June 22, 2015. Our local office is Scarborough!!

:D

Feb 7, 2015
Hi guys, i need some clarification about this:

the following 4th statement in my ecas DISAPPEARED 1 week ago, what does that mean? :eek: :eek:

4- Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on February 4, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Maya2015 said:
Hi,

Finally I got my test invitation after 11 months from Montreal office.

Please share your experience for exam. Any tips? Is it just multiple choice test? What is pass grade?

Which document should I take with me?

Many thanks.
Study the Official "Discover Canada" book at least 3-4 times. Don't rely much on online tests. You can can't solely rely on online tests to pass the test. You should only consider Official "Discover Canada" book only to pass the test.

Take the originals of the copies those were submitted along with the application.
The invitation letter will outline what you need to bring.

Also, if you think some extra supporting documents that can support your application, you may take it with you.
Usually the officer looks at the passports held in past 4 years, pr card, landing document, 2 pieces of ID etc and officer will match the stamps on the passports with the online residence calculator. He may or may not look at other documents however, make sure you take all necessary paperwork(including originals) with you. You never know if the officer might be interested to look into other original documents. Also remember about getting the translation of stamps those are not in english.
The test is for 30 minutes and in order to pass the test at least 15 questions should be answered correctly out of 20 (multiple choice questions). You may need to wait for the interview after the test. Overall time may be 1-4 hours depends upon when you would be called for the interview. The interview should be for around 5-10 minutes