+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

babu76

Oct 24, 2014
Hi,

Application recvd date: 21JUL2014. Email AOR on 16SEP2014. I have done my citizenship test on 07APR2015. I got oath letter today. My oath date is 26MAY2015. My local office is Montreal.

Goodluck guys.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babu76 said:
Hi,

Application recvd date: 21JUL2014. Email AOR on 16SEP2014. I have done my citizenship test on 07APR2015. I got oath letter today. My oath date is 26MAY2015. My local office is Montreal.

Goodluck guys.
congratuations. wow first april 2015 test taker to receive oath!

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Hi,

Received letter for citizenship exam last Friday, April 24th. See timeline below. Winnipeg is no longer slow!

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Hi to all,

I just have a very general question to all...

In determining whether a citizenship applicant satisfies the residency requirement (>= 1095 days), does the citizenship officer only look at the recent 4-year period from the date of the application OR is the citizenship officer permitted to go back to any 4 or 5 year period in the applicant's past? Do you know which Operations Manual are the citizenship officers using for determining if the applicant satisfies the residency requirements for citizenship? Thanks.

benk

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benk said:
Hi to all,

I just have a very general question to all...

In determining whether a citizenship applicant satisfies the residency requirement (>= 1095 days), does the citizenship officer only look at the recent 4-year period from the date of the application OR is the citizenship officer permitted to go back to any 4 or 5 year period in the applicant's past? Do you know which Operations Manual are the citizenship officers using for determining if the applicant satisfies the residency requirements for citizenship? Thanks.

benk
Only the 4 years prior to your application date. For sure.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Only the 4 years prior to your application date. For sure.
+1

It is clearly mentioned in the application guide that only the four years immediately preceding your signing date on the application form are considered.

Which means, on the date you sign your application form, exclusively, you must have already had 1095 days in the past four years.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babu76 said:
Hi,

Goodluck guys.
Nice! Congrats dude.. That's a good sign for montreal applicants..

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
An update concerning my oath ceremony. I passed my citizenship test in Montreal on April 14th and the agent then had told me to wait 3 to 5 weeks for Oath. Today I called the call centre and was informed that they had sent me a letter yesterday to attend oath ceremony on the 26th of May, so I should be receiving it really soon. I guess it took 6 weeks since the test. I think this is great news for Montreal applicants. It seems they're getting to the oath much faster now. Good luck to all.

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats,
This is good news. :D
I called today too, but got typical answer: 6 months from test date. If I don't received until 9th Oct. I should call and follow my ceremony. But there was not any ceremony invitation in my fine so far.

sylvia27 said:
An update concerning my oath ceremony. I passed my citizenship test in Montreal on April 14th and the agent then had told me to wait 3 to 5 weeks for Oath. Today I called the call centre and was informed that they had sent me a letter yesterday to attend oath ceremony on the 26th of May, so I should be receiving it really soon. I guess it took 6 weeks since the test. I think this is great news for Montreal applicants. It seems they're getting to the oath much faster now. Good luck to all.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Segalesh said:
Congrats,
This is good news. :D
I called today too, but got typical answer: 6 months from test date. If I don't received until 9th Oct. I should call and follow my ceremony. But there was not any ceremony invitation in my fine so far.
No news either, didn't bother calling CIC yet, 10+ minutes waiting...
From the citizenship application sheet, a few applicants with email AOR who took test in Feb 2014 just got their oath letter.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
I had email AOR as well. Maybe something will happen in the coming week or 2. There's a lot of citizenship ceremonies schedules ahead.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sylvia27 said:
I had email AOR as well. Maybe something will happen in the coming week or 2. There's a lot of citizenship ceremonies schedules ahead.
Cool. It's good to see another graduate from email AOR. Congratulations.
I'll be travelling in July so hopefully I can get it by then.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
Cool. It's good to see another graduate from email AOR. Congratulations.
I'll be travelling in July so hopefully I can get it by then.
Actually the 2 graduates are new routiners and montrealers just like both of us, so I hope it's a good sign.

GoCanada1985

Jun 18, 2014
My Wife finally received her test invitation for Edmonton and less then 11 months from receipt of her Application! ;D We did nothing special aside from wait and have a well prepared application. Good luck to everyone else! Timeline below:

1) We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 3, 2014.
2) We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3) We started processing your application on September 5, 2014.
4) We sent you a letter on October 2, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

No Ecas updates since this. We replied within a couple weeks of receiving the letter and heard nothing else until we received the test invitation on May 15. Test is scheduled for June 5!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
GoCanada1985 said:
My Wife finally received her test invitation for Edmonton and less then 11 months from receipt of her Application! ;D We did nothing special aside from wait and have a well prepared application. Good luck to everyone else! Timeline below:

1) We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 3, 2014.
2) We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3) We started processing your application on September 5, 2014.
4) We sent you a letter on October 2, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

No Ecas updates since this. We replied within a couple weeks of receiving the letter and heard nothing else until we received the test invitation on May 15. Test is scheduled for June 5!
So, have you replied to the letter that was sent dated October 2nd, 2014?
If yes and if your wife has received test invite, then e-cas may take few days to update. If it does not update then don't worry, sometimes e-cas does not update.
I received test invite and passed the test and still the e-cas has not been updated with test information.