+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Had my test in Montreal today and passed 20/20. Finished quickly so I didn't wait long for the interview which went smoothly as well. The agent said to wait 3 to 5 weeks for oath letter.
Good luck to everyone waiting for their tests.

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!
He said 3 to 5 weeks or months? because I heard 3 months.

sylvia27 said:
Had my test in Montreal today and passed 20/20. Finished quickly so I didn't wait long for the interview which went smoothly as well. The agent said to wait 3 to 5 weeks for oath letter.
Good luck to everyone waiting for their tests.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Segalesh said:
good to hear that. I hope. I need Canadian pass for this summer ;)
Hopefully that's true! 5 weeks is not bad. But I think yr97 had test already 4 weeks ago and still waiting for oath letter.
I'd say maybe 2 months is a safer bet.

Good luck everyone!

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
Hopefully that's true! 5 weeks is not bad. But I think yr97 had test already 4 weeks ago and still waiting for oath letter.
I'd say maybe 2 months is a safer bet.

Good luck everyone!
Actually it'll be 4 weeks this Thursday.. But yeah, my feeling is that I'll get it sometime in late May.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Actually it'll be 4 weeks this Thursday.. But yeah, my feeling is that I'll get it sometime in late May.
According to the email AOR thread, no applicant with email AOR has received oath letter yet, including those who applied in June 2014 and did test in February 2015.
I hope this is not another "delay for new routine" thing and some June/July people are being the lab rats.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
hopefully not
In my opinion, how long will it take to receive the oath invite depending on local offices, like how many ceremonies they held each month. most of the June applicants just finished their tests couple weeks ago. Vancouver is a different story, cuz they got invited early but oath coming in really late. I think it's too early to say June/July ppl got delayed in oath again. but if the on who applied in june and did test in Feb still waiting for test is from GTA, then it's highly possible we got delayed again.
jrjayl said:
According to the email AOR thread, no applicant with email AOR has received oath letter yet, including those who applied in June 2014 and did test in February 2015.
I hope this is not another "delay for new routine" thing and some June/July people are being the lab rats.

Sarahqse

Jul 21, 2014
Has any end of July applicant from Montreal received a test invitation?

Thanks

Application received: July 30
Transferred to Montreal office: December 12
Test: waiting??!! ???

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
51smoker said:
hopefully not
In my opinion, how long will it take to receive the oath invite depending on local offices, like how many ceremonies they held each month. most of the June applicants just finished their tests couple weeks ago. Vancouver is a different story, cuz they got invited early but oath coming in really late. I think it's too early to say June/July ppl got delayed in oath again. but if the on who applied in june and did test in Feb still waiting for test is from GTA, then it's highly possible we got delayed again.
good news guys if you go check the 2014 June thread there is one applicant who got the oath date from calling CIC.
please post if you receive oath invitation!

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
good news guys if you go check the 2014 June thread there is one applicant who got the oath date from calling CIC.
please post if you receive oath invitation!
new routine ?

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
yes the forum id is catchvb, however the local office is not Montreal so there might be some differences in time.
Funny thing is, a few applicants from outside Montreal had there files transferred to Montreal as a CIC measure to expedite processing at these offices! As if Montreal is not overloaded enough!!!