+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, my status eCas changed to "in-process"

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 9, 2015.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
I wouldn't worry if i were you. CIC told me eCAS is not real time so they might just not have updated it.
You are a week after me so your status should change in a week or so as well!
You were right :)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Hello Guys,

I passed my test today and got 20/20 at Mississauga Office .. got my Oath invitation on the spot for Monday the 19th of Jan.

My Advice to everyone .. get CBSA report .. without it I think I wouldn't been able to get my Oath invitation immediately as the officer looked at my passport stamps & Calculator Dates and compared it to the CBSA and then she photocopied that and returned it to me.

Good Luck Mates .. I will finally finish my Citizenship Journey .. thanks for this forum which helped me since I came on Student Visa initially then in my Permanent Residency Application and now in my Citizenship Application.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
sicko86 said:
Hello Guys,

I passed my test today and got 20/20 at Mississauga Office .. got my Oath invitation on the spot for Monday the 19th of Jan.

My Advice to everyone .. get CBSA report .. without it I think I wouldn't been able to get my Oath invitation immediately as the officer looked at my passport stamps & Calculator Dates and compared it to the CBSA and then she photocopied that and returned it to me.

Good Luck Mates .. I will finally finish my Citizenship Journey .. thanks for this forum which helped me since I came on Student Visa initially then in my Permanent Residency Application and now in my Citizenship Application.
Great! Congrats and enjoy the rights.

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My dates like you. Just, yesterday my Ecas change to : Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Guy-Favreau office on January 10, 2015. The Citizenship Guy-Favreau office will contact you.

Where is this office? what do you know about timing of this office?
thanks,

yr97 said:
Finally, my status eCas changed to "in-process"

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
So we both have the same exact dates and applied from montreal ? Nice !
What did they tell you when you called them last time ?
my eCas is still showing "received" though..
nothing new.
but this morning I found that this line was added to my status : Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Guy-Favreau office on January 10, 2015. The Citizenship Guy-Favreau office will contact you. I realized it's Montreal office (200 Boulevard René-Lévesque). Do you know about timing of this office?

tracker4u

Nov 1, 2009
Hi All,

I did my citizenship test and interview in Halifax today. I passed my test and the interview went well. I asked when I may be called for the oath ceremony and was told that there would be oath ceremony in Feb and March in Halifax.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Segalesh said:
nothing new.
but this morning I found that this line was added to my status : Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Guy-Favreau office on January 10, 2015. The Citizenship Guy-Favreau office will contact you. I realized it's Montreal office (200 Boulevard René-Lévesque). Do you know about timing of this office?
Hi, when was your file in process?

Kurtz

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just here to share my timeline:

Application received: July 22 2014

A letter Acknowledging receipt of application sent on Sept. 17 2014 (Never got it :eek:)

Start to processing application on Jan 5 2015

File was transferred to Scarborough office on Jan 9 2015

How long it usually take Scarborough to arrange the test date? I'm just afraid the test invite may get lost somehow like the AOR letter.

Good Luck every July Applicants!!!

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
today eCAS shows file was transferred:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 9, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 17, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 8, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Guy-Favreau office on January 12, 2015. The Citizenship Guy-Favreau office will contact you.

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
today eCAS shows file was transferred:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 9, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 17, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 8, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Guy-Favreau office on January 12, 2015. The Citizenship Guy-Favreau office will contact you.

tomorrow it will be changed from Guy-Favreau office to Montreal office. like me. do you have any idea about montreal office timing?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Segalesh said:
tomorrow it will be changed from Guy-Favreau office to Montreal office. like me. do you have any idea about montreal office timing?
No I don't have info about that.
I'd expect that under new rule I wish to finalize my app within this year, hopefully around summer.
One year total processing time is really not bad. If so we might even make it to the election.