+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

venkyshanky23

Aug 8, 2009
Empirical-Scientist said:
Good luck! Make sure to read and re-read the guide as well as the instructions on each question on the application forms. They can get quite tricky :).
Ok I will . Thank you.My first question on this thread is my wife never worked for any company in canada , but she did some care giving job for which she got paid cash .
and we have mention that under other income during our tax filing.
so my question is under her application for last year 2013 should I mention that she was working?
if yes how should I write that on application.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
thepolestar said:
Hi All,

Q. 6F in the application form. If you notice in the notes along with this question, in the second last line, it says " if you answered yes, you must provide photocopies of your work and/or education records."

But nowhere in the Document Checklist does it says we have to put our work papers such as paystubs, job letter etc. It only asks you about your education record. Also in the instruction guide also it doesn't says that we have to attach our job letter etc. It talks only about our education records and what kind of education records we have to attach.

Please Clarify?

???
Since it's written in the question instructions, you should submit them--don't make any other assumptions. That is, if CIC were to contact you and hypothetically ask why you did not submit work documents, you can't just say it's because the document checklist doesn't state so...

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
Since it's written in the question instructions, you should submit them--don't make any other assumptions. That is, if CIC were to contact you and hypothetically ask why you did not submit work documents, you can't just say it's because the document checklist doesn't state so...
Hi ES.
This is where it gets nasty and tricky.
This question particularly the work records are unclear.
so if one assumes that they want this records, why didn't they add in the guide and document check list the way they did for the education part.
I was delaying my whole application because of this unclear demand of work records.
For example, in the guide the education record is clear. They said, the records should be report cards and transcripts etc. However, there is nothing concrete in the work records. just plain demand of records in the question instructions.
this is very confusing indeed.
more experience with the CIC is needed to clear this issue.
I'm very interested to see anyone who dealt this issue before,
Share your experience with us please folks.
Thanks in advance.

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Concern the question 6F in application form. I have a question for you who are in same situation as me, I work since I came to Canada, at the same time I participated in a part-time English language training course, should I answer Yes for the question 6F. B ? Maybe it's a stupid question, but the problem is that for this language training, I didn't get any transcript or other record, what I can provide for CIC as a proof of language training ? And also the time period will be repeated with my working time period, will it create problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
jcyj said:
Hi All,

Concern the question 6F in application form. I have a question for you who are in same situation as me, I work since I came to Canada, at the same time I participated in a part-time English language training course, should I answer Yes for the question 6F. B ? Maybe it's a stupid question, but the problem is that for this language training, I didn't get any transcript or other record, what I can provide for CIC as a proof of language training ? And also the time period will be repeated with my working time period, will it create problem ?

Thanks in advance.
Well, you should tick both boxes, because you worked and did some education. Make sure the entire 4 year period has no gaps...

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, you should tick both boxes, because you worked and did some education. Make sure the entire 4 year period has no gaps...
Thanks Scientist, I have no gaps for time, If I tick both boxes, but I'll have some periods which have two different activities work and language training, it doesn't matter?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
jcyj said:
Thanks Scientist, I have no gaps for time, If I tick both boxes, but I'll have some periods which have two different activities work and language training, it doesn't matter?
Most of my periods are overlapping, i.e. I was both studying and working (full time!) at the same time...

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dandash said:
UPS suck .. it was delivered today @ 1:00 PM
I would say that is standard with all couriers as their next day delivery service is only guaranteed between major "metropolitan areas", which Sydney is not. I experienced the same thing with Canada Post, I was going to go for the national Priority Envelope which is advertised as next day but when the cashier saw the delivery address she said it would take 3 days (from Vancouver). It's all in the small print.

I ended up going with the fastest delivery from Fedex, which still took 3 days but I was made aware this would be the case when I dropped the package off at the counter. I guess you should have been told the same at UPS.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
What matters to me is the security these postal services provide. Make sure to ask for signature upon delivery as sometimes the leave stuff on the door...

Any other July applicants?

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

This is regarding Q6.G

I am confused about the language of the question Q. 6G ? It says complete the information for all children who were under the age of 18, so I guess I have to fill it for my son but in whose application form mine or my wife or both. My son 3 years old is already a citizen, born in Canada. ::)

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
im planning to sign my application 30 July and send it out same day or next day.. 31 July.. by when would they receive it? I have to make a short trit to states mid August... Do you think the 4 years time frame used in the residence calculaor ends on the sign of application or my absense after sending my application be considered and lead to loss of days?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
thepolestar said:
Hi All,

This is regarding Q6.G

I am confused about the language of the question Q. 6G ? It says complete the information for all children who were under the age of 18, so I guess I have to fill it for my son but in whose application form mine or my wife or both. My son 3 years old is already a citizen, born in Canada. ::)
I am not sure what to say as I'm filing single application, but do review the operational manual and bulletins for citizenship grant at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/index.asp.