+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer related question

Geetharaghu

Jul 8, 2023
I am currently working in Canada from Jan 2021 with LMIA approved work permit. My LMIA is expired in Dec 2022, but the work permit is valid for another year. My employer agreed to provide employment letter with all the required information like salary, hours, roles and responsibilities. Job letter also obtained, which states something like this "This letter hereby confirms that <name> has been employed by <company name> from January 04, 2021. She holds the position of <role> for our office location of <office location>. This is a regular full-time position based on a weekly schedule of 40 hours, for an annual salary of $<amount> CAD." My question is does this qualify as a valid job offer to give me the extra 50 points to my express entry profile as I am working for the same company from 2 years with positive LMIA? Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am currently working in Canada from Jan 2021 with LMIA approved work permit. My LMIA is expired in Dec 2022, but the work permit is valid for another year. My employer agreed to provide employment letter with all the required information like salary, hours, roles and responsibilities. Job letter also obtained, which states something like this "This letter hereby confirms that <name> has been employed by <company name> from January 04, 2021. She holds the position of <role> for our office location of <office location>. This is a regular full-time position based on a weekly schedule of 40 hours, for an annual salary of $<amount> CAD." My question is does this qualify as a valid job offer to give me the extra 50 points to my express entry profile as I am working for the same company from 2 years with positive LMIA? Thank you!
No. It must state that the employer will employ you one year past PR.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Geetharaghu

Jul 8, 2023
Hi Naturgrl, thank you so much for your kind advise. Same thing I requested but company immigration team confirmed IRCC will accept, go head further. That is the reason posted here any immigration lawyer will review and advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Naturgrl, thank you so much for your kind advise. Same thing I requested but company immigration team confirmed IRCC will accept, go head further. That is the reason posted here any immigration lawyer will review and advise.
There are no immigration lawyers on this forum.