waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
ashunandal said:
i dont think if its complicated but i have 1.5 years travel history and we are living together for last 15 months, got married in UK after 5 months of living together. had a religious ceremony and reception in india after few months and my wife's(sponsor) parents didnt attend any function. (her mother had some health problems and couldnt make it) im not sure about the reason for interview.
:-X
please don't take it in bad way but from what i noticed many indian couples have big weddings with all the family from both sides and it's a little different from their culture to live together before marriage; also many marriages are arranged and the parents knew each other from before; i'm not from that area these r just my observations; maybe they want to know if both families know abt the marriage if they visited each other or why not and many questions related to what i said before; i don't say this to make u angry or upset just not to be taken by surprise....i also didn't say that u shoudn't have lived together or u should have had big wedding just cuz that's the tradition, no, i don't agree with that at all; we r all free to do what makes US happy and confortable ;) also if there r differences between u two (like religion, nationality) that too is different for that area and that office.....but just stay calm and believe in what u have together and u'll b fine :) will ur wife come with u at the interview?

sumitd

Apr 16, 2012
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-30-2012/ PP received on the 7th of September
LANDED..........
September 21-2012
missmini said:
please don't take it in bad way but from what i noticed many indian couples have big weddings with all the family from both sides and it's a little different from their culture to live together before marriage; also many marriages are arranged and the parents knew each other from before; i'm not from that area these r just my observations; maybe they want to know if both families know abt the marriage if they visited each other or why not and many questions related to what i said before; i don't say this to make u angry or upset just not to be taken by surprise....i also didn't say that u shoudn't have lived together or u should have had big wedding just cuz that's the tradition, no, i don't agree with that at all; we r all free to do what makes US happy and confortable ;) also if there r differences between u two (like religion, nationality) that too is different for that area and that office.....but just stay calm and believe in what u have together and u'll b fine :) will ur wife come with u at the interview?

i agree with missmini....they really go in detail with any indian spousal application due to some fraudulent case in past....m glad they have changed the rules and are more strict in terms of after marriage commitment....

Small things like age difference and as u said living together before marriage, parents not attending the wedding raise red flag right there and then....but o well anshunandal got everything covered and will go through the interview process easily....its just the hastle of getting there and the waiting time period...

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashunandal said:
i thought it depends on visa officers, if they are feeling lonely, they call us for interviews. :-[
ashu, deploy that sense of humour at your interview and you'll charm the officer into issuing your visa on the spot! :) Hope your GCMS notes give you sufficient info to get prepared. I'm sure all will go well.

jazzi2001

Jan 17, 2012
So I ordered those whatever there called "notes" from an online site for $40 last month and holy crap did I get back a ton of stuff. Its actually a 26 page document listing everything thats related to the case. Has information on virtually every single thing.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
missmini said:
yeah those notes will help u see the reason for the interview and i think u have a good chance to get them before the interview just in time to prepare ;) hmm my case after we got the csq is mostly nothing yooooohooo loool, still application received, not even aor, but i think they do something somewhere cuz the applicant's address appeared on ecas, then part of it dissappeared; any change there i take it as a good sign and small step ahead; but today someone from amman thread got the visa only after 6 months so it's really good news (others waited waaaaaay longer); we never know when it will hit us ;)

hmm i'm still outside and i have no intention of going back, not before i'm sure we have the visa and we can start our live there together; my proofs of return were: detailed letter explaining my ties with canada, reason why i'm not there, my no-ties with the current country (except to b together but no close family, not even his; how is in this area - just stay temporary but then everyone has to leave, and other things specific to our situation - u could state her health problems, no family, etc); other thing i showed: support letter from my parents (how we'll stay with them if needed, how they will help us financially if needed), some employment support letters from old collegues (not job offers - just something like explaining my old work and how there r opportunities for me, even in their companies, how they will help me etc); and maybe the most imp - everything i had in canada before i left i didn't change or cancel since i always knew i didn't leave for good and i explained and show that - my bank statements, my mobile number, credit cards, memberships, my name is still on my parents' hydro bills and lease contract; i also did my taxes every year and showed it.....overall i think i showed way too much and i'm sure that with just a little from what i sent u'll b fine so don't worry

another thing maybe they r concern abt ur finance, they want to make sure u can support urselves once u land; what we did we showed some income in my bank statements (not too much but i think enough for maybe 3 months); also u as applicant can explain in what field u plan to work there, show that u started searching for jobs or applied to get ur equivalences, anything; convince them that u won't need their help and u'll find work fast :)
thanks missmini for your great suggestions and wish you good luck for a fast DM.
my wife is living here on 5 years entry visa (kind of tourist visa), not allowed to work or study, she doesnt have any family except my parents. she has only her old mother in her family and living alone in Canada and sent many invitation letters and reference letters supporting our application. she sent her medical reports also to support, why didnt she attend our marriage and didnt visit my parents yet. she is 70+ and her doctor suggested not to travel so long, it takes around 20-25 hours to reach here.
we sent lot of proof for my wife's return to canada including her medical report, bank accounts and investments in canada( maturity year is 2013 and 2014), enrolled in university program(2008), letter from her mother explaining our future plans and stating that she will support both of us when we return to canada and no ties to India.
and lastly then dont need to be concerned about our finances because we sent our canadian bank statements showing more than $300 000. and i have bachelor in mechanical engineering (India) and masters in manufacturing systems and management (UK) degrees so i can find at least a minimum wage job to support my family.
thanks and good luck :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
missmini said:
yes we had a huge reception in India with more than 1200 guests from my side but my mother-in-law could not attend and she sent lot of proof supporting that. we lived together before marriage because she came to UK from Canada to meet me, how can i let her stay somewhere alone in a strange country. i had to convince her mother first that i will take care of her and she will stay with me in my house, then she allowed her to leave country alone. and most imp. we met on matrimonial site, means we were looking for life partner not friends, after internet talking for 3 months we decided to meet in person and spend some time together before marriage and both families were happy with our decision. we both are Hindu and yes we are going together for interview. :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
amira_mais said:
ashu, deploy that sense of humour at your interview and you'll charm the officer into issuing your visa on the spot! :) Hope your GCMS notes give you sufficient info to get prepared. I'm sure all will go well.
yes we will try our best, if they ask us about each other and anything about our relationship, we know everything. and yes we are waiting for GCMS notes and i heard it takes 4-5 weeks!! hope everything goes well and good luck to you also :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
ashunandal said:
yes we had a huge reception in India with more than 1200 guests from my side but my mother-in-law could not attend and she sent lot of proof supporting that. we lived together before marriage because she came to UK from Canada to meet me, how can i let her stay somewhere alone in a strange country. i had to convince her mother first that i will take care of her and she will stay with me in my house, then she allowed her to leave country alone. and most imp. we met on matrimonial site, means we were looking for life partner not friends, after internet talking for 3 months we decided to meet in person and spend some time together before marriage and both families were happy with our decision. we both are Hindu and yes we are going together for interview. :)
wooow u really got all these points covered; sorry then don't know what more they can ask ::) loool that's a lot of money maybe they will wonder abt that (joking)...don't worry, just go through ur initial forms and explanations and proofs, make sure u remember everything; i guess they will just double check everything: what u will say now comparing with what u initially wrote in the forms :) especially date wise; i find it's good ur wife is going to support u, plus her being in India and living together is one more good proof (but other ppl might contradict me and might say that u should go alone); at the end it's how u feel more confortable :)

omg 1200 guests do u know them all by name ??? :eek: :eek: ??? wooooow

best of luck preparing and thank u for ur wishes :)

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
Hi ashunadal, I have just read you got called for an interview.. I believe you will do great, I think you have everything covered from what I read..
You may also want to check out the CanLII site to read about appeals cases, coz they do contain some useful info on how VO's conduct interviews, what they take note of, questions they ask, from their point of view. Just type in "immigration" , or even add "india" to filter your searches =)
Best of luck to you and your wife ;D

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
MY WIFE RECEIVED HER PP WITH VISA TODAY :) hurray

All the very best to others in these forum...

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
nanipanjakadi said:

congrats!!!!! ;D

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
Congrats to the friends who got their PR already ... ;D

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
nanipanjakadi said:

Congratulations!!!!

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
nanipanjakadi said:

Congratulations!