+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2012 Applicants - Join here!

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nakash said:
Hi guys, I have sponsored my wife (ND VO) and we have reached the final stages (I hope!) where it says "In Process" on E-Cas. I don't mean to spam the forum, but I have a question about my Indian Passport and given the experienced crowd on this forum, hoping to get some answers, and also wanting to know if this will affect my wife's PR in any way. I will copy and paste the question that I had posted in another thread. Please let me know if you guys have any insights on this:

######

I am an Indian Citizen and Canadian Permanent Resident. My passport expired in April and I sent an application for a new Passport to VFS Vancouver. Today I received a letter from CGI-Vancouver stating that:

"It is observed that your above-mentioned passport contains Canadian visa issued by the Canadian Consulate located at Buffalo. However, there is no American Visa in the passport. Under the provisions contained in the Govt. of India Passport Act...blah blah blah .. sending of Indian Passports out of a country is violation of the act".

They are referring to my Post Graduation Work Permit and Visa issued at Buffalo, when I had applied for it back in 2006. I had sent my application to CPC Vegreville. Wasn't it normal procedure back then in 2006? I believe it still is.. isn't it? I had sent my passport to Vegreville and not to Buffalo. I have never been to the United States, nor do I have any kind of American Visa.

Is anybody else in this situation? What should I do? I wrote an email and sent a scanned copy of this letter to CGI-Vancouver and also to VFS Vancouver through which I applied to get a new Indian Passport. I guess I should wait for their reply, but getting a bit anxious and see if anybody here has any ideas on what to do.

#####
I think they are really being unreasonable. What else do they want one to do then ? I think you should try to speak directly with the someone in the High commission and not the VFS.

I would provide them with information from the website of the Canadian Visa offices that shows that "mailing" is the only way for you to apply for the Entry Visa.. As of May 29, 2012 they changed the procedure for the Entry Visa (it is done at CPP-Ottawa now; only for students and workers), so make sure they understand this change happened only now.

You can look for any information on the Department of Justice Canada website, http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/index.html

I want to clear one thing though, you wouldn't have sent your passport to Vegreville just a photocopy.. But you would have had to send your passport to Buffalo for the Entry Visa to be issued

Good luck !

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
I think I did send it to Buffalo back in 2006 for stamping. You are right. They are being unreasonable. Another thing to worry about!!!
I did fax them a letter stating the same thing you said. Hopefully, they don't create any problems.

huerlaw said:
I think they are really being unreasonable. What else do they want one to do then ? I think you should try to speak directly with the someone in the High commission and not the VFS.

I would provide them with information from the website of the Canadian Visa offices that shows that "mailing" is the only way for you to apply for the Entry Visa.. As of May 29, 2012 they changed the procedure for the Entry Visa (it is done at CPP-Ottawa now; only for students and workers), so make sure they understand this change happened only now.

You can look for any information on the Department of Justice Canada website, http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/index.html

I want to clear one thing though, you wouldn't have sent your passport to Vegreville just a photocopy.. But you would have had to send your passport to Buffalo for the Entry Visa to be issued

Good luck !

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
jazzi2001 said:
mountain_pirate, looks like both our applications are now at the same stage mine went to "in process" June 7th. So lets hope both ours are on there way to be done and we get the PPR along with the visa.
Let us hope. Could you please provide your timeline as you can't put anything on the left side. Also, what is your Visa Office?

jazzi2001

Jan 17, 2012
Medical: Dec 5
Application Sent to CPC-M: January 17
Approved/Transfered: March 27th
In Process: June 7th

VO: New Delhi

Sponsoring my wife, Im from Toronto.

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
jazzi2001 said:
Medical: Dec 5
Application Sent to CPC-M: January 17
Approved/Transfered: March 27th
In Process: June 7th

VO: New Delhi

Sponsoring my wife, Im from Toronto.
Thanks for that. Yes, we do have very similar timelines. You haven't received a PPR in nearly two and a half months. I wonder if you're non-Indian (Nepalese, Bhutanese) or currently live outside India.

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
Oops some more updates on wife's estatus...

Now my canadian address started showing on her estatus including her indian home address. Something like your current home address as canadian address and current mailing address as indian address... But status shows still inprocess

Does this means visa issuance is in final stage....

Aamnk

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
File Transfer...
24-04-2012
Med's Done....
24-12-2011
Passport Req..
11-05-2012--Received by VO 14-05-2012--In Process 18-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 07-06-2012--Passport Received 11 June 2012 :D
LANDED..........
29th June 2012 :D
nanipanjakadi said:
Oops some more updates on wife's estatus...

Now my canadian address started showing on her estatus including her indian home address. Something like your current home address as canadian address and current mailing address as indian address... But status shows still inprocess

Does this means visa issuance is in final stage....
Start celebrating..uour wife will soon receive her passport...many many congratulations :)

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
APPROVED!!!

My husband just received the email which says they have completed his file and we must send his passport withing 30 days! This news couldn't have come at a better time as I pick up the keys to our first home/condo tomorrow!

Side note, the email came from LA.

Holy crap Im too excited for words! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
alf+jlh said:
APPROVED!!!

My husband just received the email which says they have completed his file and we must send his passport withing 30 days! This news couldn't have come at a better time as I pick up the keys to our first home/condo tomorrow!

Congrats!! I can't wait to be YOU! =)

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
alf+jlh said:
APPROVED!!!

Congratulations!!!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Just got an AOR by email tonite....it's going to be a good weekend!!! :D :D :D

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
alf+jlh said:
APPROVED!!!

Congratulations!!!!! Very Happy for you.

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
Aamnk said:
Start celebrating..uour wife will soon receive her passport...many many congratulations :)
Hope so, but status shows still Inprocess :( and address updated to canadian home address....donno whats going on.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
alf+jlh said:
APPROVED!!!

congratulations!!! Amanda :)
we are really happy for you and dont forget us now,stay in touch and keep us updated about your landing and settling exp. in Canada.
best of luck for a bright future with your spouse :)

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
alf+jlh said:
APPROVED!!!

Congratulations alf+jlk !!!