to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Sponsors who are outside of Canada and got approval by snail mail - how long did it take? I got approval on May 16 and still no letter on May 29. I'm in California.
I am the sponsor and I am in Taiwan. I think it took about 2+ weeks. In my personal opinion, Canada post is not that great.... so, these things just take time.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Amoss said:
I am the sponsor and I am in Taiwan. I think it took about 2+ weeks. In my personal opinion, Canada post is not that great.... so, these things just take time.
Ok well one would think it would be faster to the US than Taiwan but I guess not! Or I will be one of those unlucky ones who never gets a letter and can't get one resent.

dreamcatcher

Apr 6, 2012
dreamcatcher said:
Congrats missmini!, you must be VERY excited!. That means my CSQ shouldn't be too far away from being done. I live in Australia so that's why it's probably taking a bit longer in the mail to get to me. It's a good feeling knowing that it won't be long now. Getting closer each day. ;)
Update: My Sponsor received our CSQ approval on May 23 when I talked to my wife on Skype today. It was all processed in just over 2 weeks so that's good!. My sponsor is sending the forms by express to me and then I will forward them to my visa office. missmini, do you think I will need to send them copies or the originals of the CSQ, as I'm thinking I will need to keep the originals, or will my visa office send the originals back to me?. Anyway, I can email my visa office to confirm all of this first. Things are starting to look up!!. It's great news, time to be :), and don't worry everyone, everything will all work out.

Aamnk

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
File Transfer...
24-04-2012
Med's Done....
24-12-2011
Passport Req..
11-05-2012--Received by VO 14-05-2012--In Process 18-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 07-06-2012--Passport Received 11 June 2012 :D
LANDED..........
29th June 2012 :D
Do they send a mail before the ecas status changes from inprocess to decision made??
Stating that the file is in the final review???

mit8383

May 18, 2012
Please add me in spreadsheet

App sent on January 28, 2012 ( mississauga )
App Received on January 30, 2012 ( mississauga )
Sponsorship approved on April 30 2012
File Transfer To New Delhi : April 30 2012
Medical Done : January 19 2012

Thanks !!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
canadiangirl78 said:
Ok well one would think it would be faster to the US than Taiwan but I guess not! Or I will be one of those unlucky ones who never gets a letter and can't get one resent.
u should have that letter; so even if u don't get it the first try do ask them to resend it until u do ;) but i think u will get it ;D

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
dreamcatcher said:
Update: My Sponsor received our CSQ approval on May 23 when I talked to my wife on Skype today. It was all processed in just over 2 weeks so that's good!. My sponsor is sending the forms by express to me and then I will forward them to my visa office. missmini, do you think I will need to send them copies or the originals of the CSQ, as I'm thinking I will need to keep the originals, or will my visa office send the originals back to me?. Anyway, I can email my visa office to confirm all of this first. Things are starting to look up!!. It's great news, time to be :), and don't worry everyone, everything will all work out.
yaaay congrats for u too!!!!! as u can see it is exciting ;D ;D ;D although i know it was just a small step and without the visa that document is useless i was still very happy; wooow ur letter was dated May 23rd, that's before ours :eek: it was very fast considering u sent it later - what's the date on ur CSQ? (just curious) :p it's actually more clear to me that in our case it probably got stuck because of the vo (maybe when micc contacted our vo they weren't even aware that they have our package; but when they contacted ur vo it was all there, ready to receive it and add it to ur package)

from what i understood from the MICC letters they will forward a *copy* of the csq themselves (no need of extra action from ur side); but since the vo asked u for it already then u can mail them a copy of that letter with a COPY of the CSQ (also emailing them would work :)) do not send the original, they don't need it, all they want is to see that Quebec also accepted u; but u as applicant on the other hand need the original of that document like water since u cannot land in Quebec without it; once landed u will still need the original for any service in Quebec (driving license, health card, french courses, univ enrollment, etc); even me i still have the original safe although it's so many years old ;) by the way if u don't know french this document could help u enroll for online french courses already before u land (u'll see details in the letter)

i don't plan to send a copy to our vo yet; funny but i still find it early to contact them knowing other ppl's timeline from the same vo; i'll give them a few more weeks and if still no news i'll try my luck and drop them email with the copy of the csq too and other changes :)

yaaaay good luck for the rest of it; u will probably b done soooo much faster ::)

welkin16

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
Mid march -2012...my husband received it in Canada
Med's Done....
Before application was sent..
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
Aamnk said:
Do they send a mail before the ecas status changes from inprocess to decision made??
Stating that the file is in the final review???
No, they dont. u just got to wait....and even after decision made, they dont mail u...only the status gets updated....no mails...nada

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
huerlaw said:
Finally.. Congrats
yeeeeees thank u finally ;) ;) ;) well since u got ur csq i was waiting for it every day!!!!! maybe not knowing someone got it so fast i would have been calmer :p but at the end we got it too....

thanks also to Amoss, canadiangirl and anyone else; i wish a smooth process for everyone!!!!

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buffalo applicants - I am not sure if you've heard but the Buffalo office is being shut down. Here is the update on the CIC website how this would effect the application currently in-process

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob425.asp

Initial article on the closure on CBC - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/05/25/pol-weston-buffalo-consul.html

Cheers

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For enquiries regarding Permanent Resident visa applicants from within Canada and the U.S.

Fax: (613) 946-6059
Email: ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca

Aamnk

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
File Transfer...
24-04-2012
Med's Done....
24-12-2011
Passport Req..
11-05-2012--Received by VO 14-05-2012--In Process 18-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 07-06-2012--Passport Received 11 June 2012 :D
LANDED..........
29th June 2012 :D
welkin16 said:
No, they dont. u just got to wait....and even after decision made, they dont mail u...only the status gets updated....no mails...nada
Ohhh..ok ..thanx..coz ive read in some forums that they have received a mail stating that their process is in final review and a decision will b made soon..anywaz its a waitin game till you hav your stamped passport in your hand :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
huerlaw said:
Buffalo applicants - I am not sure if you've heard but the Buffalo office is being shut down. Here is the update on the CIC website how this would effect the application currently in-process

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob425.asp

Initial article on the closure on CBC - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/05/25/pol-weston-buffalo-consul.html

Cheers
not only Buffalo :eek: Berlin was shut down maybe a month ago (applications forwarded to Vienna), same with Tokyo (applications forwarded to Manila) and Malaysia (applications forwarded to Singapore); they also shut down other embassies like Dhaka or Teheran but those were not dealing with immigration; still in all these cases any file (visit, work, student, immigration visa) will put even more load on other embassies => probably longer waits (almost certain ::) )

i think it's the New York consulate which takes over Buffalo's work or other satellite office?? it's so strange since they recently rented again that whole building for a 10 year period and now that money is lost (i read that in newspaper)

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
missmini said:
not only Buffalo :eek: Berlin was shut down maybe a month ago (applications forwarded to Vienna), same with Tokyo (applications forwarded to Manila) and Malaysia (applications forwarded to Singapore); they also shut down other embassies like Dhaka or Teheran but those were not dealing with immigration; still in all these cases any file (visit, work, student, immigration visa) will put even more load on other embassies => probably longer waits (almost certain ::) )

i think it's the New York consulate which takes over Buffalo's work or other satellite office?? it's so strange since they recently rented again that whole building for a 10 year period and now that money is lost (i read that in newspaper)
And spent 12 million on renovating the place just in time to close it.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
missmini said:

So far, I am not very happy about this news. But I am going to try and think positively. We have no idea what this means. From what I can tell, embassies and consulates in the USA will no longer handle permanent resident visas (this seems to include the satellite visa offices), and effectively immediately all files in process will be sent to Ottawa.

What a workload they are going to get. And how many visa officers do they have to handle potentially hundreds (or even thousands) of files. My file was just sent to LA for example, nothing has happened on it for 2+months and now it's on it's way to Ottawa with everyone else's. and we are given no indication of processing times.

ahem... positive thinking! ;) :p