+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

********* Jan 2019 - Applicants *********

Navraj

Oct 30, 2014
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

I got ITA on Jaunary 10, 2019 and I am starting this thread to collaborate with applicants like me to help each other filling post ITA information.

Reactions: vrshn

Navraj

Oct 30, 2014
NOC Code......
For those struggling with what to put in the last name (as their parents or siblings may not have any last names on passport) fields while filling up family details after ITA, Refer to the links below:

In short, I find 2 approaches valid according to me:
  1. Put "Not Applicable" in first name and name in last name and explain it in your LOE
  2. Put same name in both last name and first name boxes and explain it in your LOE

I think option 2 will work better as they say not to use "Not Applicable" in guidelines
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=4.2):
What do you mean by surname?
Your surname is your family name. It is also called your “last name.” When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document.

Do not use initials.

If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”

Navraj

Oct 30, 2014
NOC Code......
Confusion about family members travel history:

While filling post ITA forms, I believe we all come across something like:
Travel History
Has fname lname, and if applicable, fname lname's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc."

Here are some references to fill out that information:

What I am confused with is "Do I need to include my parents travel history in this". But from the references so far looks like no I do not.

Also have a look on official glossary:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#f

Family members
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to IRCC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

Reactions: Noramoda

vrshn

Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
I got my ITA on 10th Jan as well, the document collection process is proving more tedious than expected!

Navraj

Oct 30, 2014
NOC Code......
I got my ITA on 10th Jan as well, the document collection process is proving more tedious than expected!
it indeed is. especially when there are no to the point instructions. they are all scattered

WS.925

Jan 13, 2019
Hi guys, I got my ITA on 28th November 2018. My brother is a Canadian PR and lives in Canada. He has documents to prove his residence (Utility bill, Bank statement etc). However right now he is visiting outside Canada so if I apply for PR right now he will not be present in Canada. Does he have to be present in Canada at the time of application?