+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA reeceived with wrong score

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hello everyone,

I received ITA in the latest draw of September 7, 2016 with a cutoff of 491 points. My CRS score was 465 but in my ITA it shows that my CRS score is 499. Somehow they agave me additional 35 points for Canadian work experience (for more than one year of work experience in Canada), although I still have not completed one year of skilled work in Canada. However I will complete one year on October 5, 2016.

So what should I do? should I reject the ITA and wait for next draw or should I accept it and submit my final application after October 5 when I would have completed one year of skilled work? If I reject the ITA then there is a risk that the next draw might not have such lower cutoff, and if I submit the application after October 5 then can the visa officer raise the question that I got 35 points by mistake and without them I do not meet eh cutoff. This has happened with me earlier too. Last time I got an ITA and I got 35 additional points for my more than one year of foreign work experience in the last 10 years. However later it turned out that I got those points by a so called glitch in their system. when I go back 10 years in time since the submission of my application I got 10 months of work experience instead of 12 months and the visa officer rejected my PR application. I don't know why this keeps happening to me. Please tell me what would be the right thing to do.

Cheers
Anshul

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
AnshulAwasthi said:
Hello everyone,

I received ITA in the latest draw of September 7, 2016 with a cutoff of 491 points. My CRS score was 465 but in my ITA it shows that my CRS score is 499. Somehow they agave me additional 35 points for Canadian work experience (for more than one year of work experience in Canada), although I still have not completed one year of skilled work in Canada. However I will complete one year on October 5, 2016.

So what should I do? should I reject the ITA and wait for next draw or should I accept it and submit my final application after October 5 when I would have completed one year of skilled work? If I reject the ITA then there is a risk that the next draw might not have such lower cutoff, and if I submit the application after October 5 then can the visa officer raise the question that I got 35 points by mistake and without them I do not meet eh cutoff. This has happened with me earlier too. Last time I got an ITA and I got 35 additional points for my more than one year of foreign work experience in the last 10 years. However later it turned out that I got those points by a so called glitch in their system. when I go back 10 years in time since the submission of my application I got 10 months of work experience instead of 12 months and the visa officer rejected my PR application. I don't know why this keeps happening to me. Please tell me what would be the right thing to do.

Cheers
Anshul
My suggestion will be to reject, and get another ITA, your score is good.

You have already been rejected once, so no need to any other areas of concerns, although other may say otherwise.

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
It happened to me that I will get work experience points 1 month ahead of the completion month. However, I never received an ITA because the score was still lower than cutoff.

In your case, I suggest to decline this ITA as you have good chance of getting another one next month or later on. The reason being, Visa officer look at the time you recieved an ITA on, not when they assess the file.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
AnshulAwasthi said:
Hello everyone,

Cheers
Anshul
Same situation here. I would suggest to reject the ITA. CIC clearly states that the information in your profile has to be true at the date of the ITA and on the date of submitting the application. They system calculates months and not exact dates, many people get extra points too early. Wait till October and you won't lose several months and won't be rejected. As I said, same situaton here, and declined. Doesn't worth the risk.

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
AnshulAwasthi said:
Hello everyone,

Cheers
Anshul
Someone in the forum was in similar situation and he/she phoned CIC, which told him/her that it was OK.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/crs-update-before-3-years-of-foreign-experience-accept-ita-or-not-t444631.0.html

Maybe u can contact him/her.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
jianxia15 said:
Someone in the forum was in similar situation and he/she phoned CIC, which told him/her that it was OK.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/crs-update-before-3-years-of-foreign-experience-accept-ita-or-not-t444631.0.html

Maybe u can contact him/her.
The rules are clear you must meet the requirements at the time of ita. If you do not you must reject the ITA. I don't know who this person is that claimsomething cic said it was ok but ther3 are also plenty who've been rejected because of this. Decline the ITA....once you get to your full year of Canadian work experience yourequired new score will virtually guarantee you an ITA.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
This happens with the Express Entry because system (the E-APP) calculates the duration/periods (for work experience, for example) with only months and years and doesn't consider the days/dates.

You got your points updated early because of the very same reason. However, when case analysts/officers review applications, they check the actual dates, the reason many applicants got their applications rejected because they had a deficit of a day or more on the dates they got their ITAs.

Though, you can call and check with an IRCC agent before rejecting your ITA, but in the given circumstances, the best approach would be to reject the ITA and wait for the next round. Your score would most probably get you picked again very soon, for sure.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Abul Aziz said:
Submit your application after 5th October 2016 and your CRS will match to 491.
It doesn't work that way. CIC counts on the day that ITA was received.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Abul Aziz said:
Submit your application after 5th October 2016 and your CRS will match to 491.
I am afraid officers check the eligibility against the date an ITA was issued. So, if an applicant's credentials don't add up to the minimum cutoff score for the round the ITA was issued, the application would be deemed ineligible, irrespective of the date of submission.

gatorengineer

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-16
Doc's Request.
11-08-16
AOR Received.
27-06-16
IELTS Request
CELPIP Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-07-16
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Que Em said:
This happens with the Express Entry because system (the E-APP) calculates the duration/periods (for work experience, for example) with only months and years and doesn't consider the days/dates.

You got your points updated early because of the very same reason. However, when case analysts/officers review applications, they check the actual dates, the reason many applicants got their applications rejected because they had a deficit of a day or more on the dates they got their ITAs.

Though, you can call and check with an IRCC agent before rejecting your ITA, but in the given circumstances, the best approach would be to reject the ITA and wait for the next round. Your score would most probably get you picked again very soon, for sure.
I had a similar situation.
I created EE profile on 7th June 15 and was said that you are eligible for CEC (I planned to reject ITA if I got one before 15th). I got ITA on 15th June 2016, Applied on 27th June 2016 . I had started my Canadian Experience on 15th June 2015.
I was about to reject the ITA but then decided to go for it. I had completed 1 year on the day I got ITA. It was my first day of second year. My immigration lawyer advised me to go with it. Still little bit scared. I hope my eligibility soon changes to passed. Ordered notes to see whats going on.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Que Em said:
I am afraid officers check the eligibility against the date an ITA was issued. So, if an applicant's credentials don't add up to the minimum cutoff score for the round the ITA was issued, the application would be deemed ineligible, irrespective of the date of submission.
this is true. You have to meet all requirements at time of ITA, and also at time of application. Reject ITA at this time, and wait for the next one is the prudent move.

This bug comes from the EE form where you enter MM/YY but not DD/MM/YY on work experiences. Why they designed it like that is beyond me

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was in the same situation. I declined the invitation to apply and will wait until after October 18, 2016 when I have officially completed my first year working in Canada.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
AnshulAwasthi said:
Hello everyone,

Cheers
Anshul
You will have to decline this ITA as eligibility is assessed as on the day you received ITA. You can accept the ITA once you meet the actual requirement. System glitch will not be accepted as a reason, instead the onus lies on the candidate to prove that he/she is eligible as on the date of ITA.

wavered

Feb 23, 2016
CIC increased my points little before the actual date just like here, but in my case I applied any way because I got a provincial nominee(+600 points). The extra points CIC prematurely added didnt help in any way, I would still qualify so I went ahead and applied. I think it is OK if you still qualify without the points they gave you little early.