+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it really worth moving to Canada???????????????

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Guys, It is really worth of moving to canada. Atleast using the canadian citizenship (after 4 years), we can migrate into UnitedStates without any restrictions. This is my plan. plz comment. enjoy, George

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
without any restriction?

Anyway, i am in the US now, and i am undecided between canada and US. Still trying to figure out where i want to live.

sharma77

Aug 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
AOR Received.
28-05-2009
File Transfer...
02-06-2009
Med's Done....
07-08-2009
Passport Req..
08-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2009
LANDED..........
yeh on 19 june,2010 canada is amazing
canadacalling said:
Dear HIBPRcanada
Come what may,I am moving to Canada with my family.
I am too prepared to slog,for the sake of my kids.
I dont mind working as delivery boy for CAD 10-12 per hrs.I know one thing ,that it will be maximum 0f 9-12 months before I get settle down in a proper way in Canada.
The brighter side is that I dont have to worry about my kids education which is free(the books+transport as well).Medical is free.If I live in canada for 10yrs,I am entitled for old age pension as well.
What so ever I am earning now,25% of it is going for education+school transport+medical insurence+life insurence.Then I have to save something for my old age also,because I am not working in any Govt Organisation(say between 10-15% of my salary)
If you look at the total,it comes to 35-40%
I dont mind paying the same % as tax to Canada Govt,which ensures that my kids get the world class education,and me and my wife are taken care of when we are old.Can you guarantee the same in India?.I am paying the tax which is going in some gutter(read politician). the police is corrupt,full country is running on Bribe.Conclusion is that,I am not some Amitabh Bachhan,who can fight for the injustice.I am an escapist,who wants to escape for the sake of my wife and my kids.
well said! fully agreed

awaranag

Sep 14, 2009
Canada Calling

Hats off for your determination.

What I like and appreciate is....you are doing it for your family

Hopes you will maintain it and succeed in life

I hope you will not get frustrated seeing the actual scene cos frustration is the mother of depression

Any way, my best wishes.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharma77 said:
canadacalling said:
Dear HIBPRcanada
Come what may,I am moving to Canada with my family.
I am too prepared to slog,for the sake of my kids.
I dont mind working as delivery boy for CAD 10-12 per hrs.I know one thing ,that it will be maximum 0f 9-12 months before I get settle down in a proper way in Canada.
The brighter side is that I dont have to worry about my kids education which is free(the books+transport as well).Medical is free.If I live in canada for 10yrs,I am entitled for old age pension as well.
What so ever I am earning now,25% of it is going for education+school transport+medical insurence+life insurence.Then I have to save something for my old age also,because I am not working in any Govt Organisation(say between 10-15% of my salary)
If you look at the total,it comes to 35-40%
I dont mind paying the same % as tax to Canada Govt,which ensures that my kids get the world class education,and me and my wife are taken care of when we are old.Can you guarantee the same in India?.I am paying the tax which is going in some gutter(read politician). the police is corrupt,full country is running on Bribe.Conclusion is that,I am not some Amitabh Bachhan,who can fight for the injustice.I am an escapist,who wants to escape for the sake of my wife and my kids.
well said! fully agreed
i second sharma77

Hopeful Canadian

Star Member
Jul 11, 2008
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2010 RCVD: 13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
20-07-2011 L8.5, R6.5, W7.5, S7.0
Med's Request
05-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
sanjeevindia said:
well said! fully agreed

i second sharma77
Undoubtedly. Fully Agreed

The Paradises Like Pakistan and India are the Paradises of Looters and Scammers that in every form ( Politicians, Beaurocracy Feudal Lords, Religeous Hypocrites of every Religeon and Military Adventurers ) are doing this consistently.

That is why People from this area have a feel to sttle somehere else. This somewhere else can't be better than Canada provided the Canadian authorities do it properly and justly to add on Loyal and Able Canadians to serve the country.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopeful Canadian said:
Undoubtedly. Fully Agreed

The Paradises Like Pakistan and India are the Paradises of Looters and Scammers that in every form ( Politicians, Beaurocracy Feudal Lords, Religeous Hypocrites of every Religeon and Military Adventurers ) are doing this consistently.

That is why People from this area have a feel to sttle somehere else. This somewhere else can't be better than Canada provided the Canadian authorities do it properly and justly to add on Loyal and Able Canadians to serve the country.
Hi,

I fully agree with you, people from this area of the world want to move to better countries especially western countries, and Canada is the only option in sight for them, where they can live their life, for which they are ready now and sick of their home conditions, probably, these countries for politicians, business tycoons, goondas, smuglers, thieves, looters but not for the common law abiding and tax paying people.

Good Luck.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SSA TO ALL PUNJABI FORUM MEMBERS,

SHRI GURU GOBIND SINGH JI DE JANAM DIN TE GURU PURAB DI LAKH LAKH WADHAI HOVE JI.

GOD BLESS YOU.

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
charninder said:
Hi,

I fully agree with you, people from this area of the world want to move to better countries especially western countries, and Canada is the only option in sight for them, where they can live their life, for which they are ready now and sick of their home conditions, probably, these countries for politicians, business tycoons, goondas, smuglers, thieves, looters but not for the common law abiding and tax paying people.

Good Luck.
Not justr India or Pakistan, it's happening all over the world, I believe in canada dream, my dream to live, work and enjoy Canada shall come to pass by His grace. I wish you guys well

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Guys,... guess what, I really took a few days to go through every single page of this thread,.. really, really useful one here,... thank you to all contributors. Well,... on my side, I have been doing a lot of thinking too, and yeah, fully realized that Canada will not be there welcoming us with her open arms.

My preparation would be starting from now : ie earn as much as possible now, learn as much as possible about investments and earning of passive incomes and stuff as much of funds as possible into those passive nstruments in order that when I make the move later, there will be unlimited self-generating funds to support me when I am inside Canada.

I may even work for free when I am there, to get a foothold in the job market, or if nothing suitable comes along in the meantime, then just continue applying and sending out my resumes....

I see many posts saying that if one is a straggler in his own country at this moment, then it is worth to go. But if he is already doing very well wherever he is now, then it's not worth to go. I belong to the second category, and have built-up a sizeable net worth in my own company (it's a sole proprietorship wholly-owned by myself, no partners), but I still want to go,... why.. ?.. for the new challenge, and for the future of my children. If my company in my home country and my investments can continue to generate funds for me to live comfortably on an acceptable living standard in Canada, then I believed with diligence and patience, something will surely come my way sooner or later.

I can wait,... I will keep looking,... I will attend re-training and classes again if necessary (since I have the funds to support myself),... I will even work for free or for a minimal wage,.. so, no reason for me to fail !!!!!!!! Any opinions please ???

In addition to English (IELTS at Band 8), I have picked-up French (will be doing the TEF soon), and conversational Japanese too,... Am also conversant in Mandarin and Cantonese (which I believed is popular on the western part of Canada).

By the way, are my investments and my company revenue outside of Canada subjected to Canada Revenue laws, in other words, are they taxable ?

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
I am a recently landed immigrant. Frenchasian and BobbyB, I am also in a similar situation ie second category. Have reasonable networth, plan for adequate passive income and want to upgrade education and skills to meet the market requirements in Canada. During my brief stay so far, I have identified positive aspects as :- (a) I will not be alone as there is constant inflow of immigrants of all ages and back grounds. (b) There are several agencies around trying to help (& make money for themselves out of social security budget allocations) immigrants to settle with minimal struggle. (c) Reliable infrastructure and on the face of it, plenty of opportunities. (d)Truly multicultured city and meet people of all backgrounds. One in two born outside Canada. (d) Cheap and easy access to housing loan. (e) Good quality education at affordable cost due to access to scholarships ,
loans,intenships and coop programmes. (f) Will not miss social life as enough number of people from every province in India with individual associations celebrating every important festivities. Relocation with decent savings which can keep one afloat for atleast one year even if there is no decent job will be very critical factor for settlement. Of course the weather is a challenge. I was in beginning of winter and luckily during one of the warmer winter months in the recent past. However had a glimpse of extreme weather end Dec 09. I could not walk for five minutes on the street despite all the warm cloths. The temperature was between -8 to -18 degree. With wind it was atleast another -5 higher. Those who can sustain the extreme cold and enjoy snow and snow skating, cannot ask for a better place. I know visiting as a tourist and staying as resident can have a different opinion altogether on some aspects. The place is quite expensive initially for people coming from Africa or Asia that too after living as expat for some time where most of the living needs taken care off by the employer. It could be a rude shock for some who would have got used for comfort living with 24X7 maid help for many years. Medical support in the initial years could be a challenge as well. My friend who is there for three years yet to get a family doctor. Walkin clinics available for such people. Have to wait longer for the turn and have to possibly see different doctors each time. Some may also get a feeling that doctors may not diagonise the route cause initially as they are also paid based on number of visits by Government. This can also happen elsewhere in the world. Only difference could be that there is competition and alternate opinion could be sought easily in India but may not be in canada. There is shortage of doctors, still the profession is very highly regulated..

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
babutv2000 said:
I am a recently landed immigrant. Frenchasian and BobbyB, I am also in a similar situation ie second category. Have reasonable networth, plan for adequate passive income and want to upgrade education and skills to meet the market requirements in Canada. During my brief stay so far, I have identified positive aspects as :- (a) I will not be alone as there is constant inflow of immigrants of all ages and back grounds. (b) There are several agencies around trying to help (& make money for themselves out of social security budget allocations) immigrants to settle with minimal struggle. (c) Reliable infrastructure and on the face of it, plenty of opportunities. (d)Truly multicultured city and meet people of all backgrounds. One in two born outside Canada. (d) Cheap and easy access to housing loan. (e) Good quality education at affordable cost due to access to scholarships ,
loans,intenships and coop programmes. (f) Will not miss social life as enough number of people from every province in India with individual associations celebrating every important festivities. Relocation with decent savings which can keep one afloat for atleast one year even if there is no decent job will be very critical factor for settlement. Of course the weather is a challenge. I was in beginning of winter and luckily during one of the warmer winter months in the recent past. However had a glimpse of extreme weather end Dec 09. I could not walk for five minutes on the street despite all the warm cloths. The temperature was between -8 to -18 degree. With wind it was atleast another -5 higher. Those who can sustain the extreme cold and enjoy snow and snow skating, cannot ask for a better place. I know visiting as a tourist and staying as resident can have a different opinion altogether on some aspects. The place is quite expensive initially for people coming from Africa or Asia that too after living as expat for some time where most of the living needs taken care off by the employer. It could be a rude shock for some who would have got used for comfort living with 24X7 maid help for many years. Medical support in the initial years could be a challenge as well. My friend who is there for three years yet to get a family doctor. Walkin clinics available for such people. Have to wait longer for the turn and have to possibly see different doctors each time. Some may also get a feeling that doctors may not diagonise the route cause initially as they are also paid based on number of visits by Government. This can also happen elsewhere in the world. Only difference could be that there is competition and alternate opinion could be sought easily in India but may not be in canada. There is shortage of doctors, still the profession is very highly regulated..
...Babu,.. thank you for the above counter-comments and advice,... all the best to you in the new land. One question though : how much does a single person normally spend there ? What's the monthly budget like ?

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
GeorgeJoseph said:
Guys, It is really worth of moving to canada. Atleast using the canadian citizenship (after 4 years), we can migrate into UnitedStates without any restrictions. This is my plan. plz comment. enjoy, George
do not think of it, there are restriction, you might not be able to work in the US