+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it really worth moving to Canada???????????????

nilsej

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
You ppl might be right but not always as I feel Big Cities are always good to settle down initially as employer from these cities are more adopted to new immigrant then the others as when you move to new country our first preference should be always settle down which can be achieved by getting survival jobs and then move to somewhere as said by others when you are looking for same or more salary but more saving as there will be low expenditure.

awaranag

Sep 14, 2009
Hi Ally

I got my PR Cards within one month time(26 days).As I mentioned earlier,I went to Toronto,Vancouver and Calgary and it was Calgary which impressed me.It is the cleanest place on planet earth since last 5 yrs,people are good,plenty of people from India.As per the latest survey...Calgary is the 5th best place all over the world to live(Vancouver being 1st and Toronto being 3rd all over the world).Few of my friends are there and they are too happy to work and settle down there.
There are plenty..I repeat PLENTY of jobs in Calgary and u won't regret ur decision of moving to Calgary.Vancouver is too costly...Toronto...sucks
My friendly suggestion to all forum members...start ur new life in Calgary and u will be happy all ur life
Cheers and best of luck
PS:If I ever have to move finally to Canada....I will move to Calgary....for sure.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FrenchAsian said:
..Charninder,.. yes, I believed your theory is correct, and we should put Calgary or even Nunavut into the field which says which city we intend to go to,.... I believed it enhances our chances further rather than Toronto, or Vancouver,... any comments please ?
Hi FrenchAsian,

Thanks for your comments. Nunavut is also good (there is also a special additional pay for working in Nunavut as per Canadian Labour Market Laws). But if you choose that place you have to give some justification like place of working or some friend's address for PR Card etc.

Good Luck.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
awaranag said:
Hi Ally

I got my PR Cards within one month time(26 days).As I mentioned earlier,I went to Toronto,Vancouver and Calgary and it was Calgary which impressed me.It is the cleanest place on planet earth since last 5 yrs,people are good,plenty of people from India.As per the latest survey...Calgary is the 5th best place all over the world to live(Vancouver being 1st and Toronto being 3rd all over the world).Few of my friends are there and they are too happy to work and settle down there.
There are plenty..I repeat PLENTY of jobs in Calgary and u won't regret ur decision of moving to Calgary.Vancouver is too costly...Toronto...sucks
My friendly suggestion to all forum members...start ur new life in Calgary and u will be happy all ur life
Cheers and best of luck
PS:If I ever have to move finally to Canada....I will move to Calgary....for sure.
Hi awaranag,

I really appreciate your comments and inputs after landing in Canada. Your comments about Calgary are encouraging. Kindly give links/addresses of some jobs sites for find jobs in Calgary.

Thanks.

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Yeah,... I would like to express my thanks to Awaranag too,... and yes,.. I second Charninder's request,... kindly post some job sites here too,... thanks again,....

saxena.sagar

Star Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all... it took me 3 days to read the complete thread and atlast im done lol
well many many congratulations to awaranag.. im really happy for you.. i feel liek i just watched a movie after going through all comments/suggestions/criticisms .. & you are the hero :D
im proud of you dude.. what you did was the best solution for that situation according to me as well... way to go

regards,
sagar

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
saxena.sagar said:
Hi all... it took me 3 days to read the complete thread and atlast im done lol
well many many congratulations to awaranag.. im really happy for you.. i feel liek i just watched a movie after going through all comments/suggestions/criticisms .. & you are the hero :D
im proud of you dude.. what you did was the best solution for that situation according to me as well... way to go

regards,
sagar
Can you summarize it for us please ? :D

saxena.sagar

Star Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaties said:
Can you summarize it for us please ? :D
hahahahaha well quite challenging.. so you wanna watch the movie without buying ticket huh..

1- Awaranag was nervous before deciding to move to canada.. its a common feeling which everyone would go through before moving.. so he just asked people about the possibilities of his quick settlement there in comparision with his current high status job in the middle east.
2- he had applied years ago under old rules. that time he would have moved without thinking twice, but now situation has changed. He has a good job and dosent want to experiment along with added family responsibilities.
3- some people gave genuine suggestions, some criticised him badly, some narrated their own experiences, some told him he is afraid of accepting challenges, some said he just wasted his time & money by applying for PR.
4- Now awaranag is more confused than earlier lol.. so he stops interacting with these guys and keeps his cool
5- Decided not to give up his job in middle east, takes a vacation with family, went to canada, got official documents (PR card, SIN, etc.), had a great time and came back to middle east
6- Now he is in a better position to move to canada permanently, better position to find permanent jobs in canada from middle east, explored 3-4 citites and decided his place of settlement on basis of many factors which he experienced there.

Part II of he movie yet to be released...
People who criticised him would soon seek his advise for settlement and job search LMAO :p

regards,
sagar

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I quite enjoyed reading your post. I will surely give it 5 starts for movie review.

Especially the last sentence. ;D

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
saxena.sagar said:
hahahahaha well quite challenging.. so you wanna watch the movie without buying ticket huh..

1- Awaranag was nervous before deciding to move to canada.. its a common feeling which everyone would go through before moving.. so he just asked people about the possibilities of his quick settlement there in comparision with his current high status job in the middle east.
2- he had applied years ago under old rules. that time he would have moved without thinking twice, but now situation has changed. He has a good job and dosent want to experiment along with added family responsibilities.
3- some people gave genuine suggestions, some criticised him badly, some narrated their own experiences, some told him he is afraid of accepting challenges, some said he just wasted his time & money by applying for PR.
4- Now awaranag is more confused than earlier lol.. so he stops interacting with these guys and keeps his cool
5- Decided not to give up his job in middle east, takes a vacation with family, went to canada, got official documents (PR card, SIN, etc.), had a great time and came back to middle east
6- Now he is in a better position to move to canada permanently, better position to find permanent jobs in canada from middle east, explored 3-4 citites and decided his place of settlement on basis of many factors which he experienced there.

People who criticised him would soon seek his advise for settlement and job search LMAO :p

regards,
sagar
Hi Sagar,

Although I saw this Movie several times... It was very interesting to see it again through you. Our Hero Mr.Awaranag became a Star. As you rightly said, now guys will be behind him for advice....lol... Cool!!!

Eagerly waiting for 2nd part of the Movie!!!

Satish

mohit_sharma123

Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 oct 2009
Doc's Request.
15 dec 2009
File Transfer...
1 march 2010
Med's Request
25 march 2010
Med's Done....
16 april 2010
Passport Req..
25 march 2010
VISA ISSUED...
24/05/2010
dear frs as u al are
plz guide me where shud i land at toronto or at calgary as i am a physiotherapist plz frds guide me ???
i need ur help
thanx
mohit

charmeuse

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 10, 2008
AOR Received.
September 3, 2008
Med's Request
December 12, 2009
Med's Done....
December 24, 2009
Interview........
November 9, 2009
Passport Req..
December 12, 2009. Recd. by CHC on Jan 15, 2010.
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2010. E-cas status changed on 9 Feb, recd on 10 Feb.
LANDED..........
Smooth landing on June 26, 2010.
@saxena.sagar, kudos bro, for that excellent summarization! That fetched you a good rating from me.

Now can you do the same for MNIK since your reviews are quite concise and fun to read? 8)

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saxena.sagar said:

regards,
sagar
Excellent effort and i agree, nice script for a drama :)

saxena.sagar

Star Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
;D thanks guys ;D
well i have a question for awaranag or others who have been to canada..

you said we can find a survival job from day 1 in calgary.. but how long would it take to find a survival job in toronto??

this would a very important factor for me to decide place of landing.. because every penny spent there without job would demotivate me..

earning in indian rupees and spending in canadian dollars hurts lol

regards,
sagar

eemmoo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
working on document update
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
saxena.sagar said:

regards,
sagar
Are ypu a story writer. Under which NOC?? LOL. Thanx for summary