Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
David_TVO said:
Great metaphor. But, what should you do if the shark attacks? :D
If you act/move fast/smartly in each direction ,it wont hurt you .Thats the moral.

David_TVO

Star Member
Jan 29, 2011
Kanamen said:
If you act/move fast/smartly in each direction ,it wont hurt you .Thats the moral.
I don't mean to take anything away from that perfect example of accepting life challenges and always moving forward. I am fan of metaphor and allegory. But still. I can't stop thinking that at the end of the story, the fish are still eaten by the Japanese. Maybe, we should all have a little shark in us.

Voices of New Canadians Web Series
http://bit.ly/fZRNQY

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
27/06/2011 RPRF Sent...:27/06/2011 RPRF Cashed...: 29/06/2011
Passport Req..
14/07/2011 Passport submitted...: 10/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
David_TVO said:
Great metaphor. But, what should you do if the shark attacks? :D
An excellent question ,we have to consider. As usual, have pulled the string of thoughts to some extent. There would be two options for the fish, will the fish keep itself in the safety zone or jump into the pond.

If the fish chooses to anchor its safety zone, game over.

What if, the fish takes up achallenge to test itself how far it can go in the presence of a shark?

There would be two possibilities, do or die.

If the fish dies, game over again.

If the fish wants to be alive, what if

1. The fish explores the pond condition before jumping into

2. The fish knows how to swim well( all fish know how to swim) but the competency level of fish may vary from fish to fish, if the fish has equipped with high proficiencies enough to escape the shark

3. The fish is able to acclimatize the new pond and the fellow fish

4. The fish is strong enough to survive any situation, such as shallow water, deep water, surface water.

5.If the fish possesses the extra respiratory apparatus (some fish can survive even outside water caused by this extra respiratory apparatus)

6.The fish gets ready to seize all opportunities that come to its way( warning: avoid stepping on other fish' head)

7.The fish is able to take initiative itself and stop waiting around for the rescuer

Well there might be other alternatives hither and thither.

So what do you think? At the end of the story, can the fish be alive? As I might be one of the fish who wants to throw itself into the pond instead of dwelling on the safe zone. :)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Be a smart fish, be prepared - carry shark repellent :)

Don't work hard, work smart !

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
27/06/2011 RPRF Sent...:27/06/2011 RPRF Cashed...: 29/06/2011
Passport Req..
14/07/2011 Passport submitted...: 10/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Baloo said:
Be a smart fish, be prepared - carry shark repellent :)

Don't work hard, work smart !
Love this motto :)

David_TVO

Star Member
Jan 29, 2011
kathe said:
An excellent question ,we have to consider. As usual, have pulled the string of thoughts to some extent.

I have decided that the true heroes of the story our the Japanese for using all that ingenuity to overcome the problems of delivering fresh fishh. Ingenuity and resolve can see you through the challenges of change. The moral now is that for every challenge there is a fishy solution.

Voices of New Canadians Web Series:
http://www.tvo.org/cfmx/tvoorg/theagenda/index.cfm?page_id=3&action=blog&subaction=viewpost&blog_id=323&post_id=14228

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pah, I am sick to the gills with the scale of the comments, loads of people carp on about this; The net effect is too much blubbering, lets finish the debate :)

Actually lets carry on - LOL

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mezo2009 said:
What folks, are you in fish/marine business now!!! ;D
the word fish is so tricky, there are scams called phishing scams, people say what a fish, fish business is everwyhere, actually fish is difficult to catch, do you catch mezo2009

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
pittabread said:
the word fish is so tricky, there are scams called phishing scams, people say what a fish, fish business is everwyhere, actually fish is difficult to catch, do you catch mezo2009
Not recently, used to before. Fishing (in its true meaning) requires patience, long hours of waiting and you might get nothing or few small fishes. Other times in the first hour you might catch a big one.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mezo2009 said:
Not recently, used to before. Fishing (in its true meaning) requires patience, long hours of waiting and you might get nothing or few small fishes. Other times in the first hour you might catch a big one.
what about human fish, did you catch any? :)

David_TVO

Star Member
Jan 29, 2011
I have put some other immigrations resources online:

I created an immigration pattern map for Canada. It shows that immigration trends are changing in Canada, with more immigrants first locating in Western Canada. However, the majority of immigrants still settle in Ontario. Here is the link to the map; you are free to share or embed the map.

Canadian Immigration Patterns Map Link:
http://www.tvo.org/cfmx/tvoorg/theagenda/index.cfm?page_id=3&action=blog&subaction=viewPost&post_id=14155&blog_id=323

This map is a little more controversial. It is a video map that I created by visiting 5 cities in Ontario and asking people on the street "how immigration is affecting the country". THE MAP IS NOT SCIENTIFIC. I just thought, with all we hear about immigration backlash in the West, it would be interesting to find out what people on the street have to say. If people in this forum have a chance to look at it, I would love to know if you think if people were more positive or more negative. Also, It would a be a great help to me to know if forum users think this type of map is a valuable resource.

Video Map Link
http://www.tvo.org/cfmx/tvoorg/theagenda/index.cfm?page_id=3&action=blog&subaction=viewPost&post_id=14222&blog_id=323

And here is an in depth debate on Immigration that we held at the Munk School for Global Affairs. The topic was: Immigration Nation - Is Canada still a welcoming nation? Is the mosaic working?

Debate Link:
http://www.tvo.org/TVO/WebObjects/TVO.woa?videoid?767977553001

And finally, I am hoping to expand on my Voices of New Canadian Series with a look at immigration and sponsorship.

All posted links represent content produced by TVOntario, Ontario's publicly funded educational broadcaster. All content is commercial free, and produced as a public service. You are free to share or embed the content.

David Erwin, The Agenda with Steve Paikin

Voices of New Canadians Web Series:

http://www.tvo.org/cfmx/tvoorg/theagenda/index.cfm?page_id=3&action=blog&subaction=viewPost&post_id=14228&blog_id=323