+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INTERN TEMPORARY VISA-STUDY

Jan 25, 2024
Hi
I am on temporary visa, for an internship of 6 months. I am in canada since October.
At the same time, I am pursuing a masters degree (1st year fully online) since September.
I do not have a student permit as I am only attending classes virtually. Is this a problem?
Now I didnt proceed to payment since the beginning of the academic year, as I am supposed to be an international student residing abroad, but here I am in Canada.
I want to pursue both the internship and the masters, is this a possibility? The university administrator said as per my temporary visa, I am not entitled to study ''unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution''.
How can I change this?
Your help and insights would be much appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
I am on temporary visa, for an internship of 6 months. I am in canada since October.
At the same time, I am pursuing a masters degree (1st year fully online) since September.
I do not have a student permit as I am only attending classes virtually. Is this a problem?
Now I didnt proceed to payment since the beginning of the academic year, as I am supposed to be an international student residing abroad, but here I am in Canada.
I want to pursue both the internship and the masters, is this a possibility? The university administrator said as per my temporary visa, I am not entitled to study ''unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution''.
How can I change this?
Your help and insights would be much appreciated.
Is this a Canadian univeristy? If so yes it is a problem. You are studying illegally. You need to apply for a study permit.

Jan 25, 2024
Yes it is. they were (well still are) understuffed and didnt pay much attention at first but now that I need to proceed with payment they found out that probably I need an authorization. is there a way out? I really want to pursue the degree

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes it is. they were (well still are) understuffed and didnt pay much attention at first but now that I need to proceed with payment they found out that probably I need an authorization. is there a way out? I really want to pursue the degree
You need a study permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not sure what understaffed means but it is not their responsibility to know the rules. You are studying illegally and need to apply for a study permit. You should not be studying now. You need to show $20k in the bank if single and show proof of tuition paid. Not sure how this will impact PGWP/work permit since you have been studying in violation of your TRV.

Jan 25, 2024
Not sure what understaffed means but it is not their responsibility to know the rules. You are studying illegally and need to apply for a study permit. You should not be studying now. You need to show $20k in the bank if single and show proof of tuition paid. Not sure how this will impact PGWP/work permit since you have been studying in violation of your TRV.
How can I fix this? they kept repeating you are acting in good faith but probably there is a problem but didnt come up with a solution.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How can I fix this? they kept repeating you are acting in good faith but probably there is a problem but didnt come up with a solution.
Stop studying and apply for a study permit. Any studies prior to the permit do not count for Canadian education or PGWP.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Already answered. You need to apply for a study permit. You can't study until you have an approved study permit.

Apply for a study permit.