+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Integrated Claim Analysis Centre

Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
If you have moved provinces she is no longer your lawyer which is likely why she is no longer answering your messages. You will need to update your address and contact legal aid if available in your new province for asylum claimants. Not all provinces guarantee legal aid for asylum claims.
That is fine. It was just to have an idea on what is legally (if not logically) happening in such circumstances. Besides, I called the Immigration and Refugee Board and they advised on how to update change of address. My appeal office remains Toronto until further notice.

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
That is fine. It was just to have an idea on what is legally (if not logically) happening in such circumstances. Besides, I called the Immigration and Refugee Board and they advised on how to update change of address. My appeal office remains Toronto until further notice.
What about getting a new council, were you advised as well?

Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
What about getting a new council, were you advised as well?
Yes, I was given a link. Here in Quebec, the legal aid is very different from the one in Ontario. You submit and wait for the application to be approved. A very important thing to take note of is no legal aid when you are working. In that condition you are supposed to pay for your lawyer. https://www.csj.qc.ca/commission-des-services-juridiques/aide-juridique/comment-faire-une-demande/en this is the link to those who want to apply for Quebec legal aid.

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
Yes, I was given a link. Here in Quebec, the legal aid is very different from the one in Ontario. You submit and wait for the application to be approved. A very important thing to take note of is no legal aid when you are working. In that condition you are supposed to pay for your lawyer. https://www.csj.qc.ca/commission-des-services-juridiques/aide-juridique/comment-faire-une-demande/en this is the link to those who want to apply for Quebec legal aid.
Oh ok I see, but I think if you get one before you start working , it doesnot impact right

Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
Oh ok I see, but I think if you get one before you start working , it doesnot impact right
That is right fact. It does not impact since the contract is long-term until you get PR. I failed to stay in Ontario. I had a pressing issue that I need to find a job so quickly. That is why I came in Quebec. Another unfortunate thing is that Quebec is no longer facilitating accepted refugees to apply for their family members. I will need to move again in the future. Do you have any info on that?

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
That is right fact. It does not impact since the contract is long-term until you get PR. I failed to stay in Ontario. I had a pressing issue that I need to find a job so quickly. That is why I came in Quebec. Another unfortunate thing is that Quebec is no longer facilitating accepted refugees to apply for their family members. I will need to move again in the future. Do you have any info on that?
No idea I’m in Ontario , sorry about that,I think there are lots of jobs in Toronto, maybe you didnot get the right orientation, was able to get a confortable here, do you speak French

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
No idea I’m in Ontario , sorry about that,I think there are lots of jobs in Toronto, maybe you didnot get the right orientation, was able to get a confortable here, do you speak French
Hope you were able to secure a job there

Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
Yes, I speak both French and English almost at the same level.

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
So when you are a protected person , you can’t apply for PR for spouse and dependants?

Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
Being fluent in both languages is enough to secure a decent job for you here, but it’s fine you moved already, hope you got something at least
I got a job and I really need it. Now I am a bit tranquil. But I have to think about the future of the refugee process and next statuses.

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
I got a job and I really need it. Now I am a bit tranquil. But I have to think about the future of the refugee process and next statuses.
Focus on your Job for now till when you scheduled for a hearing, you have something to keep you busy and out of the anxiety loop, wait times are crazy though