+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

R

robrod

Congratulations to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!.... It's really exciting to see more people getting AIPs, Expresspost packages, good phone calls to agents, submitting additional proof, and the like!!!!!.... It is happening, we are getting landed wholesale and moving on with our lives!!!...

Lilian: which one was your local office, if I may ask?. Mine was Scarborough (here in Ontario) and we were a bunch for "landing interview". So many (about 24, I would estimate) that we all were lead into this big room they use for citizenship ceremonies. When we were called, we were called one by one to the front of the room, no office to have any individual interviews but I didn't see anyone being interviewed anyway, it was more like "passport, question here and question there, intialize answer here and there, congrats you are a permanent resident now" and that was it. I just looked at my passport and there is no stamp on it. What does your stamp read, I'm very curious to know???...
We were not told that you can become a citizen after only 2 years but did receive the sheets with important information and settlement services... The lady who took care of me was very nice, very professional and pleasent. She only kept 1 photo, by the way (not the 2 they requested).

There were other people in there, but I suppose they were in to do their citizenship tests.
And the best part of my local office was that the SIN people were there to exchange our SIN cards (the ones that start with a 9 for a good one, not starting with a 9), so we didn't have to make the trip downstairs to the SIN office.
I guess every office does things with a different twist....

Thx Janadian for the congrats and good to see you back in the forum with your update, best of luck to you and everyone else!.
Rob.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Hey guys,.

I looked at my card and Lo it had a tracking number. Been trying the number all day to see where it originated from. but to no avail... so i just tried the number again on canadapost.com and the parcel originated from vegrevilel!! So could these be my FOSS notes?. only thing is..... the card says its a letter and not a parcel...hmm. cant wait until tomorrow to go find out!.l
Has anyone got FOSSnotes by Expresspost before??. cant sleep. Wonder why they sent it xpresspost and not regular mail. i mean i didnt even request that and its not like they even care that id get my fossnotes fast!..

Kris13

Sep 19, 2010
PhiRo9909 said:
Hey everybody, this is my case :

Permanent Residence:

We received your application for permanent residence on March 1, 2010.

We started processing your application on May 18, 2010.

We received the requested information on September 2, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on October 20, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

_ I just called the immigration and I was told that they sent me my OWP and my letter last Friday.
It took me 8 months to get the first approval.
And hopefully I'll get the PR card until next June so then I can apply for Med School.

Thank you all for the support.
Ps.: I don't have the e-case updated yet.
I guess the news will show up on the website by the end of this week.

:DI'm really happy - :p :p
This is great news. Makes you think they maybe a week or so ahead of what is on the CIC website??

R

robrod

Indeed quite puzzling a registered letter to you from Vegreville, BB!. I do wonder what it is and sorry you can't sleep this nite as a result.. I'd be in the same position if I were you. I'm crossing my fingers it's good news!!!!.

Lilian

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Hi Rob,
I landed in Windsor, ON. The stamp looks the same what they are giving at the airport. In the middle is the date but instead of the date how long I can stay here there is the document number what is on the COPR under your Client ID. I think too that every office does different things - my office requested only 1 photo. And there were no SIN people I have to go to the city hall when I get my PR.

bood82

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010
congrats to everyone who had good news :)

I cant wait for news, i send them some papers they requested 2 weeks back, but there wasn t an update online on them recieving the papers. Is there any way to find out ? to make sure they got the papers ?

thanks

bood82

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010
yeah did that allready, they seem to have the same information that i have, wich whatever shows online :(

Lilian

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
They requested 2 times papers from me, online I saw only 1. And I never saw that they have received my medicals. My paper got lost before so I called them a few times just to make sure, that they have everything from me. Maybe you have to wait one more week - the canadian post ist very slow - our post in Germany is much faster :D

bood82

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010
yeah but i did send it express ;), and yes post in germany is super fast, but its aaaalooot smaller country ;)

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, Can anybody answer that for me?

Q: After sending additional/requested informational, how long does it take for them to add these additional info. to the already in process file?

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
boasorte said:
Hi everyone, Can anybody answer that for me?

Q: After sending additional/requested informational, how long does it take for them to add these additional info. to the already in process file?
When I talked to them, they told me about 2 mths. I spoke with them last week and they said they are opening additional info mails they received September 5th. I want to send more info too and I am hoping they open it before they are finishing up my file which if the timeline stays the same, it should be about mid February.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suenim said:
When I talked to them, they told me about 2 mths. I spoke with them last week and they said they are opening additional info mails they received September 5th. I want to send more info too and I am hoping they open it before they are finishing up my file which if the timeline stays the same, it should be about mid February.
Hey Suenim, I wonder that because I have just sent some additional information, some I am hoping they add my new informations to my file in time, before it's too late.

Btw, you are only 1 week and 2 days ahead of me. I sent my app. in May as well.
Your case must be more straight forward than mine, so you should be hearing something by mid february for sure. I am expecting delays and interviews. :/
Anyways, if you hear anything let me know, please! :)

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
Hey guys,.

I looked at my card and Lo it had a tracking number. Been trying the number all day to see where it originated from. but to no avail... so i just tried the number again on canadapost.com and the parcel originated from vegrevilel!! So could these be my FOSS notes?. only thing is..... the card says its a letter and not a parcel...hmm. cant wait until tomorrow to go find out!.l
Has anyone got FOSSnotes by Expresspost before??. cant sleep. Wonder why they sent it xpresspost and not regular mail. i mean i didnt even request that and its not like they even care that id get my fossnotes fast!..
i always got my foss notes with regular mail, maybe is work permit or something urgent since this week in alberta the weather is crazy today in calgary is -30 so you can imagine

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
boasorte said:
Hey Suenim, I wonder that because I have just sent some additional information, some I am hoping they add my new informations to my file in time, before it's too late.

Btw, you are only 1 week and 2 days ahead of me. I sent my app. in May as well.
Your case must be more straight forward than mine, so you should be hearing something by mid february for sure. I am expecting delays and interviews. :/
Anyways, if you hear anything let me know, please! :)
I hope it's really straightforward because I really want to go on a vacation ASAP so here's to hoping its quick. Quick for all us lnlanders because we have been in limbo for so long :'(