Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
i have a question not much related with inlanders thread though : did u register ur marriage in ur home country too (people who are immigrating to Canada). Is it important and is it a must during immigration process? does immigration officers check that?
im asking because i was planning to register it back home when im gonna go there in person after immigrating (hopefully).

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Black-Berry said:
SRCC,.. I woulddnt worry if i were you. Ive learnt with cic that no news is good news..
Also, i wouldnt go by the processing times they post on their website. They even say it is just an estimate!. They could be processing january for all i know now!!....
Well they're not that far, cuz us December-ites haven't heard anything yet

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
BlueDragon17846 said:
Well they're not that far, cuz us December-ites haven't heard anything yet
Bluedragon. Its weird you havent heard anything and a few people from November still havent heard anything as well. I have heard something and im a January applicant!. thats what i dont understand is ive got a letter requesting information, They atre probably opening Januaries now to see if they have all the documents and if they dont they are requesting letters for more information??, So im thinking if you are December-ite and havent heard anything than its good news than>??.
Im confused aboutt his process!. Also am thinking its an individual case as all cases are not the same???.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Also before i forget .. Meant to ask, Is there anyone who has been denied entry back into Canada whilst their spousal Inland application was being processed??.

The reason am asking is we are intending to travel In a weeks time. .. Hubby is Canadian.. Kids are Canadian. I KNOW about chances of not being let back in the country. I have a multiple entry three year canadian visa that is still valid.. . I am also a permanent resident of a country that is the 3rd richest country in the world. Actually i wdd have a better quality of life there than in canada and it has a minimum wage of 19 bucks an hr. etc etc. if it was not for my husbands desire to start a business here i wd have opted to stay there. .
I have recently travelled to the U.S. Three times actually AFTER i have put in my appliucation for perm. residence Every single persn i have spoken to has instilled the fear of God in me about not being letting back in etc etc.. I feel like every case is different and I also personally feel like i have a pretty airtight case. My kids just got their canadian citizenship certificates about 3 months ago and they are pretty young. and we have never been separated. ALSO..... We are all travelling together as a family unit under one name as thats how its just always been. hubby and i have been married for 9 years .Soulmates still in love the whole nine yards etc etc

I have nightmares now of being at the airport and the immigration officer separates us :O or says i cant be let back in .. It would truly and deeply devastate me and my kids would scream at the airport.. i mean that is if i am refused entry back in. My kids are 5 and 6 and am usually the one carrying them or one of them ..or both. YES sometimes they wanna be carried on my hip!. they get along better with me than my hubby..
And after all this i still choosen to take the chance??. because i have done it before and pretty recent at that. as recent as April three or four times this year without much drama. it was easy as pie getting back in.. mainly also because i have a multiple entry visa back to canada and i have been brutally honest with the officers. at the border (which i strongly suggest) because they know your case anyway i think and you may catch yourself in your own lies :p

Sooo.. basically if there is anyone uout there who have been denied re-entry even with a valid visa i would love to hear from you what happene after that etc etc...
Thanks for listening to my rants about this issue :D

Mel H

May 5, 2010
I hit "Decision made" today!!!!!

Here is my status...

We received your application for permanent residence on November 23, 2009.
We started processing your application on February 9, 2010.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
We sent you a letter on August 6, 2010 to ... about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I tried to call to find out exactly what the decision is, but the guy can see only what I can see on eCas, but thinks it will be positive.
:D :D (must keep calm!)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Mel H said:

Here is my status...
yay congrats :)

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Mel H said:

Here is my status...

We sent you a letter on August 6, 2010 to ... about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I tried to call to find out exactly what the decision is, but the guy can see only what I can see on eCas, but thinks it will be positive.
Congrats!!!!..... I Hope they get faster!. they have been in November for the longessst while it seems!!.i hope they are not in December for another two months!! Anyway heres hopeing for a speedy speedy mve forward.. Congrats!. let us know your outcome!..SOunds like good news.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
Congrats!!!!..... I Hope they get faster!. they have been in November for the longessst while it seems!!.i hope they are not in December for another two months!! Anyway heres hopeing for a speedy speedy mve forward.. Congrats!. let us know your outcome!..SOunds like good news.
Wow, congrats Mel H! Is this AIP or the PR? Keep us all posted and congrats again.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
I just wanna rant!. i am a nervous wreck because i am travelling next week. Pardon me!.
They hav been processing November applicants from June!!!!!.. (WTH!!)????. Its now August and it moved forward two days!!!. I just wanna pull my hair out and screeaaamm!!. i honestly thought December appicants would have got AIP by end of July at least!!.

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Mel H! Isn't it SUCH a relief to finally know!? I'm sure it's AIP, but did you talk to an actual CIC agent? When I did he told me I did receive AIP so I find it strange you couldn't know?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mel H said:

Here is my status...

Congratulations Mel!
Your application must have been like, PERFECTLY done, it's really fast!
Enjoy now!

Mel H

May 5, 2010
joce288 said:
Congrats Mel H! Isn't it SUCH a relief to finally know!? I'm sure it's AIP, but did you talk to an actual CIC agent? When I did he told me I did receive AIP so I find it strange you couldn't know?
Thanks for your words everyone, I will definitely keep you all updated! I'm am nervous and excited. It is for AIP/OWP. I'm calling in again as it seems strange that your agent told you the decision while mine said he didn't have access to see the decision?? Hope that's not a bad thing.

Mel H

May 5, 2010
I just called in and the guy asked me a few more security questions than usual and then told me that I can expect my AIP and work permit in the mail!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Joce for pushing me to call again!

jordana

May 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

I received my AIP last month and today a letter has arrived from CIC:

"We are happy to inform you that we have finished processing your application, Quebec's Immigration Center will contact you about your Permanent resident status"
THey tell me that I will have to bring my original pieces of identity to the appointment.

WHat on earth this means? HELP PLEASE! I don't know if I should be happy or freaked.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
I just wanna rant!. i am a nervous wreck because i am travelling next week. Pardon me!.
They hav been processing November applicants from June!!!!!.. (WTH!!)????. Its now August and it moved forward two days!!!. I just wanna pull my hair out and screeaaamm!!. i honestly thought December appicants would have got AIP by end of July at least!!.
Black-berry, I understand your frustration. I also thought AIP for December applicants would have arrived by now. What also concerns me is that after the AIP/OWP arrives there is no processing time to review and be frustrated or encouraged by, there is simply no way of knowing how long the wait is. To me that is pretty scary.

Hang in there.