+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship - interview @ port of entry

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
You need to be using a bit of logic to put everything together. A lot of the info on the website, such as that defintion, is generic, applying to every immigration class. You need to put it together with the specific information in the spousal sponsorship guide.
I would like to thank you for all your insights and guidance. I have one last query to ask you about. I have declared my partner on my express entry application for PR, and put her down as non-accompanying. Now, after spending two weeks only in Canada, I am returning to apply to sponsor her. The reason I have provided as to why she is not accompanying was because of her job situation at the time. Could our application be rejected on these grounds? Do I need to provide an explanation why I haven't applied with her in the first instance and wanting to sponsor her in such a short span of time?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I would like to thank you for all your insights and guidance. I have one last query to ask you about. I have declared my partner on my express entry application for PR, and put her down as non-accompanying. Now, after spending two weeks only in Canada, I am returning to apply to sponsor her. The reason I have provided as to why she is not accompanying was because of her job situation at the time. Could our application be rejected on these grounds? Do I need to provide an explanation why I haven't applied with her in the first instance and wanting to sponsor her in such a short span of time?
No, the app can't be refused for that and no, you don't need to provide an explanation.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
No, the app can't be refused for that and no, you don't need to provide an explanation.
The reason I have asked is that according to some of the senior advisers on this website my case could be judged as an attempt to cheat. In order to get over the threshold with regard to the points. I have been sitting at 453 in the EE pool, got an invitation, took it. That's February. In August I did my landing, and left in September. In January I am returning back applying inland, but there is also an option to apply outland. I am just trying to understand how the VO is going to look at my case because of this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The reason I have asked is that according to some of the senior advisers on this website my case could be judged as an attempt to cheat. In order to get over the threshold with regard to the points. I have been sitting at 453 in the EE pool, got an invitation, took it. That's February. In August I did my landing, and left in September. In January I am returning back applying inland, but there is also an option to apply outland. I am just trying to understand how the VO is going to look at my case because of this.
My previous answer stands.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
My previous answer stands.
Thanks. At the beginning of my explanation letter with regard to my plan on how I am going to support myself and the sponsored person I have explained that I did my landing for the purpose of contacting prospective employers, securing accommodation and leaving shortly afterward. Also, that during last three months I have been working on my sponsorship app and concluded my affairs in the UK before returning to Canada in January. Do you think it's conducive or rather redundant to know for the person judging our app? Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks. At the beginning of my explanation letter with regard to my plan on how I am going to support myself and the sponsored person I have explained that I did my landing for the purpose of contacting prospective employers, securing accommodation and leaving shortly afterward. Also, that during last three months I have been working on my sponsorship app and concluded my affairs in the UK before returning to Canada in January. Do you think it's conducive or rather redundant to know for the person judging our app? Thanks
Whatever you write regarding how you will support yourselves is relevant. The rest isn't.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Whatever you write regarding how you will support yourselves is relevant. The rest isn't.
Due to my partner's health I would most likely need to switch to outland. Simply can't afford to take any risks. But it is a completely different thing when it comes to evidence. Since I am a freelancer linguist in the UK, I have been working up until now as such and pointing out that I can still rely on this as a mean of additional income in Canada. I am attaching letters of reference and bank statements proving this fact for the last 3 months while I have been preparing my sponsorship app from the UK. I just thought that I would need to explain my absence from Canada for the last 3 months.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Due to my partner's health I would most likely need to switch to outland. Simply can't afford to take any risks. But it is a completely different thing when it comes to evidence. Since I am a freelancer linguist in the UK, I have been working up until now as such and pointing out that I can still rely on this as a mean of additional income in Canada. I am attaching letters of reference and bank statements proving this fact for the last 3 months while I have been preparing my sponsorship app from the UK. I just thought that I would need to explain my absence from Canada for the last 3 months.
They don't care where you have been for the last 3 months. All that matters is that you are living in Canada when you apply and throughout the processing.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Thanks. Last thing about the barcodes with regard to the outland route. I would like to have all the forms signed by me and my partner before I leave the UK. Let's say we will sign all the forms by 10th of Jan, and I will leave for Canada a week later. I have been told that the barcodes contain information about the date. Is it ok to sign the forms and generate the barcodes in the UK before I arrive to Canada? I would like to add my flight ticket from September and January as a proof of sponsor's visit. Just concerned that based on this they will know that I have been out of Canada when the forms were signed, thus not residing inside of Canada while signing (although only with a week difference).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks. Last thing about the barcodes with regard to the outland route. I would like to have all the forms signed by me and my partner before I leave the UK. Let's say we will sign all the forms by 10th of Jan, and I will leave for Canada a week later. I have been told that the barcodes contain information about the date. Is it ok to sign the forms and generate the barcodes in the UK before I arrive to Canada? I would like to add my flight ticket from September and January as a proof of sponsor's visit. Just concerned that based on this they will know that I have been out of Canada when the forms were signed, thus not residing inside of Canada while signing (although only with a week difference).
It doesn't matter if they know you were outside of Canada when the forms were signed. There is no requirement to be in Canada when filling out the app.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
It doesn't matter if they know you were outside of Canada when the forms were signed. There is no requirement to be in Canada when filling out the app.
So would it be better to leave all the evidence out of the application that points to my three month stay in the UK? As evidence I have got reference letters from UK employers that I can cooperate with in Canada, signed letters of reference by my landlord stating I have been a tenant until January cohabiting with my partner, photos from here with my partner, flight tickets proving I have been out of Canada for 3 months. They can still check my flight itineraries in and out of Canada right?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So would it be better to leave all the evidence out of the application that points to my three month stay in the UK? As evidence I have got reference letters from UK employers that I can cooperate with in Canada, signed letters of reference by my landlord stating I have been a tenant until January cohabiting with my partner, photos from here with my partner, flight tickets proving I have been out of Canada for 3 months. They can still check my flight itineraries in and out of Canada right?
I don't understand what you mean. If these proofs are required as per the checklist, then submit them. If they aren't on the checklist, then leave them out.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
I don't understand what you mean. If these proofs are required as per the checklist, then submit them. If they aren't on the checklist, then leave them out.
For instance, for shared expenses part in the checklist, I am providing receipts for 3 months where we have been paying every two weeks in turn. However this has been here in Scotland. And this points to the fact that I have been away from Canada. With regards to the employment letters, I would like to provide letters of reference from UK employers (mostly translation companies) with which I can work even after I leave UK and will reside in Canada. It proves that I have built up a network in the UK, that I can rely on in Canada if need be.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
I would like to ask you one more time if you don't mind. You wrote to me that the letter from my brother about the financial support doesn't need to be notarized. However, I read some of your other posts where you were advising to have such a letter notarized. Is it only in certain situations that it would need to be notarized? Many thanks

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hi there. I will be applying inland with my partner soon. You wrote before that my partner's PCC from the UK is subject to the following criteria
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
I would like to ask you what date do they have in mind by "before you apply". Her PCC from UK is valid until 30th of June. If I send the app before this date, let's say on 15th of June is it still going to be accepted by IRCC? Thank you.