File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
Right, so we did it - withdrew our Inland Application. I sent the email yesterday evening.

Now we start the recollection process of all the police checks (and translations) so we can apply Outland.

We're doing the right thing, right? Right?? :-\ *nervous*

call4damie

Mar 21, 2011
Hello,
I'm applying to extend my stay as a visitor.
There is a question, have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada? What should I answer
We came in July. I need to know if I have to apply for my 3 year old son as well.
Already have an inland application submitted in September.
Also what's the fee.

Thanks all.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
PixieDuster said:
Right, so we did it - withdrew our Inland Application. I sent the email yesterday evening.

Now we start the recollection process of all the police checks (and translations) so we can apply Outland.

I think given the crazy timelines involved with inland applications you are definetely doing the right thing. Although it might seem a lot of work initially getting everything together again, you at least know what is required and hopefully when you get your PR a few months down the line and re-visit this thread you will be very happy you made the choice!

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
brucem said:
I think given the crazy timelines involved with inland applications you are definetely doing the right thing. Although it might seem a lot of work initially getting everything together again, you at least know what is required and hopefully when you get your PR a few months down the line and re-visit this thread you will be very happy you made the choice!
Thanks for the nice comments - I think you're right. I just checked the Paris office spreadsheet someone has started, and they're averaging about 60 days to get Sponsorship Approval. THAT'S TWO MONTHS.

I'll check in with everyone when we get it.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
PixieDuster said:
Thanks for the nice comments - I think you're right. I just checked the Paris office spreadsheet someone has started, and they're averaging about 60 days to get Sponsorship Approval. THAT'S TWO MONTHS.

I'll check in with everyone when we get it.
Exactly! 2 months versus 2+ years of uncertainty! Although that's probably unusually fast it shows how quickly the process can be done Outland!

Alwaysfresh85

Jun 3, 2013
Thank you ACS for your helpful response, i appreciate it!

To make things even more confusing, after speaking to the CIC Call Center today, they informed my wife that her 1st stage has been approved as of October 10th, 2014 - which is when i recieved my letter saying i was eligible to sponsor.

Maybe they have changed the process around, or the guy at the call center is confused, at this point, it could be either one, you never know with the CIC!

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
PixieDuster said:

Yes, you are. I'm sure you'll do it anyway, but make sure to triple check the forms before you send your new package. There's at least 1 form that has been recently updated. Good luck with your new application!

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
What rate? Processing a single day every week?

If this completely unacceptable rate doesn't change, it'll be about 3 years.

They're still processing August 2013, it takes them a full month to process 4 days.
It will likely take another 2 months for them to start processing September.

2013 still has 4 months left, which at this pathetic rate will take 30 months to process, or 2.5 years.
I know its a complete joke and this cant continue going on for much longer, I'm sure its going to get worse and there will be a breaking point which things will have to change but I dont see that happening until its around 18-20 Months processing for the first stage.

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
MissRepresentation said:
Yes, you are. I'm sure you'll do it anyway, but make sure to triple check the forms before you send your new package. There's at least 1 form that has been recently updated. Good luck with your new application!
Yes, absolutely. My husband and I have already talked about that - especially since there are TWO different checklists for Outland. We shall go over everything with a fine-toothed comb!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
I know its a complete joke and this cant continue going on for much longer, I'm sure its going to get worse and there will be a breaking point which things will have to change but I dont see that happening until its around 18-20 Months processing for the first stage.
Well they have already started some minor changes. For instance they are now starting some new way of processing where the SA & AIP don't always come together. We have had multiple instances of both.

I got my SA on the 6th, and my husband still doesn't have his AIP, and they didn't request anything additional from us. I have called a few times and multiple agents have told me this is the new way they are doing things.

Don't know what the purpose in doing that is...but who knows. Hopefully a change for the better overall somehow?!? ::)

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
daftpuff said:
I'm currently planning on submitting my application in-land... is this not recommended anymore? My reasoning behind choosing inland is that I'm already here in Canada living with my husband, and I don't want to wait for the outland application in Venezuela (my country of citizenship). Also, being Venezuelan, my outland application would go through mexico, which is taking 15 months if I understand correctly.

Is the current timeline for inland over 8 months for approval in principle and then another 13 months? Am I missing any information, or any other drawbacks of doing an inland application?

Given my situation, would anyone advice against inland?
It's actually 14 months for AIP + another 8 months to complete the process. If you're from Venezuela and apply outland, your application should go to the visa office in Mexico City, so you can check the Mexico thread for accurate processing times (officially 17 months, but that's not accurate). Bear in mind that CIC can and will send your outland application to be processed wherever they feel like it, so you're not guaranteed to go through Mexico City if you apply outland, especially since you say that you're already living in Canada. Depending on your status in the county, your applicaction could stay in Mississauga or end up in Ottawa.

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
By the way, folks - allow me to ask a question: have any of you encountered people who are totally under the impression that you become a permanent resident as soon as you marry a Canadian? I have had this response so many times, and don't understand where it comes from.

If only it were that easy!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PixieDuster said:
By the way, folks - allow me to ask a question: have any of you encountered people who are totally under the impression that you become a permanent resident as soon as you marry a Canadian? I have had this response so many times, and don't understand where it comes from.

If only it were that easy!
LOL!

Or how about the one where you have to renounce your citizenship to become a Canadian PR!

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
Ponga said:
LOL!

Or how about the one where you have to renounce your citizenship to become a Canadian PR!
Ha! Never had that one. But I do have to repeat myself multiple times when describing the current 14 (more like 15) month wait for FIRST STAGE approval. It's all just so crazy.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PixieDuster said:
Ha! Never had that one. But I do have to repeat myself multiple times when describing the current 14 (more like 15) month wait for FIRST STAGE approval. It's all just so crazy.
Too bad you didn't fall in love with [and marry] a Jamaican. From what I understand, marriage does grant PR status there. ;)