18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi everyone,

I wanted some info regarding spousal sponsorship.

I was under the impression the spousal sponsorship is really quick. I have a colleague who sponsored his wife(singapore office) and he got PPR for his wife in about 4 months total time.
I am considering applying for PR. I am on post grad work permit and eligible under CEC, PNP, FSW and family(wife is canadian citizen and we both live in canada).

Would applying under family spousal inland make sense? I understand that inland applications are processed differently than outland ones.

thanks
MK

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
_MK_ said:
Hi everyone,

I was under the impression the spousal sponsorship is really quick. I have a colleague who sponsored his wife(singapore office) and he got PPR for his wife in about 4 months total time.
I am considering applying for PR. I am on post grad work permit and eligible under CEC, PNP, FSW and family(wife is canadian citizen and we both live in canada).

Would applying under family spousal inland make sense? I understand that inland applications are processed differently than outland ones.

thanks
MK
Hi MK,

What citizenship do you hold? Because my advice would probably be to look at outland. It isn't clear on the website, but you can apply as Outland while residing in Canada. And by having a PGWP, you are able to stay here in the country until it expires - which may well be enough time for the outland processing to finish.

Currently Inland family/spousal sponsorship processes are taking at least 14 months for the first stage, and another 8 months for the second. If your outland application is going to a visa office with a wait time of anything faster than a year, I'd say seriously consider it first!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_MK_ said:
Hi everyone,

thanks
MK
It all depends on your country of citizenship and how long you have been [legally*] in Canada. One advantage for a spousal sponsorship is the relaxed medical inadmissibility threshold, compared to your other options. For a spousal sponsorship, the applicant cannot be denied based on his/her medical examination [thus, seen as a burden to the health care system] unless there is a threat to the general public (such as active tuberculosis, for example).

Typically, Inland applications are processed at a snail's pace, compared to an Outland application, so even if your country's visa office is slow, you could still apply Outland (while living in Canada) and `request' Ottawa as your visa office, *if you've been in Canada for at least 1 year. This would mean that your spousal sponsorship application could be processed very fast (like < 6 months), compared to the 15 months for an Inland applicant to only reach the first, of two, approval stages required.

Since this is the FCS forum, I have no idea how fast/slow your other PR option would be in comparison, but an Inland application should be at, or near, the bottom of your list of choices.

Good luck!

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Ponga said:
It all depends on your country of citizenship and how long you have been [legally] in Canada. One advantage for a spousal sponsorship is the relaxed medical inadmissibility threshold, compared to your other options. For a spousal sponsorship, the applicant cannot be denied based on his/her medical examination [thus, seen as a burden to the health care system] unless there is a threat to the general public (such as active tuberculosis, for example).

Typically, Inland applications are processed at a snail's pace, compared to an Outland application, so even if your country's visa office is slow, you could still apply Outland (while living in Canada) and `request' Ottawa as your visa office. This would mean that your spousal sponsorship application could be processed very fast (like < 6 months), compared to the 15 months for an Inland applicant to only reach the first, of two, approval stages required.

Since this is the FCS forum, I have no idea how fast/slow your other PR option would be in comparison, but an Inland application should be at, or near, the bottom of your list of choices.

Good luck!
Good to know. I think i can apply outland as well. I have till june of 2015 for PGWP. I am from Bangladesh and I believe outland office would be singapore in that case...not sure about that. Can you just request Ottawa as processing office?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Hollianni said:
I was hoping to get some advice about withdrawing our application for sponsorship and reapplying out-land. My husband is the sponsor and I am applicant. We applied in Feb.2014. At that time it was an 8 month processing time. We just cannot wait any longer for me to able to work. He is now in school full time and working part-time to full-time. We understand that it there will be 'lean' years, but things are just so finically hard. We budgeted for 8 months of one income and we have surpassed that. I found out a few days ago that the police clearance has to be sent within 3 months of being issued. Mine was 3 days past that mark. I am not a nay sayer, but I just bet we will have to re-order. I also waited to do my medical, which I now wish I just done. Here's my idea:

Send away for police checks and complete the medical. Get the entire outland packet completed, including a super explanation of why I am doing this, with the only thing left to do is send. Arrange for short-term housing just over the border. Spend Christmas with my amazing, hardworking husband and his unbelievable family. We talked about it : our sweet dachshund will go stay with our parents (he just won't have the time), and the kitty will stay home. Cancel my application (this makes my eyes all moist!). Go back to the USA, send the fees, and the packet. Get a job and wait.

Is this crazy talk from waiting so long or a viable option? It breaks my heart to be away from our family that long, but I feel like we don't have a lot of options. What if the wait time jumps again? April is already so long away and we've already waited so long. I am not mad at CIC, they are doing the job they were given and that's that. Has anyone else done this?
You know that you don't need to be in the US in order to have an outland application, don't you? I mean, I understand if you have to have a job, and than you need to be there, but if you can keep on a little more, than you don't have to.
With the inland process, if think the best case scenario is that you will get AIP around May, but it can be easily the end of 2015.
Withdrawing your application and apply outland would be a lot of work, but if you have a straightforward case and you can send your app by the end of this year, with the current processing times best case could be March-April, worst case would be around June.
At least that's my guess.

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
hello everyone,

I submitted my inland application on August 29, 2014, thru Canada Post and received by CIC on Sept. 3, 2014 (thru a signature from Canada post). I haven't received any AOR or email from them yet until now. And then they updated the IMM008 form to November 2014. I hope i am not affected with this. Anybody in the forum with the same situation with me? Share your stories.

thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
daftpuff said:
By that do you mean within 3 months that the clearance itself was issued? Or do you mean that you needed to submit the police clearance within 3 months of having submited your inland application? :S

Because I'm planning on submitting my inland application tomorrow, but I wont get the FBI police clearance for at least another 3 months!
For inland application, you don't have to submit your police report with the application. You can submit the police report when asked by CIC for it. However you may get delayed in the application. But the police report must be submitted to CIC before 3 months after it has been issued.

Screech339

call4damie

Mar 21, 2011
call4damie said:
Hello,
I'm applying to extend my stay as a visitor.
There is a question, have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada? What should I answer
We came in July. I need to know if I have to apply for my 3 year old son as well.
Already have an inland application submitted in September.
Also what's the fee.

Thanks all.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
call4damie said:
Hello,
I'm applying to extend my stay as a visitor.
There is a question, have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada? What should I answer
We came in July. I need to know if I have to apply for my 3 year old son as well.
Already have an inland application submitted in September.
Also what's the fee.

Thanks all.
If you didn't apply, just came in at the border crossing, than put 'no'. I think you need to apply for your son as well, but I don't know the procedure with kids.
Extension of Authorization to stay in Canada as a visitor (temporary resident) $100

viva99

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
-
I just sent in my application this month.
So now I see it's going to be 14 months. No idea what to do for that long. I lost my job because my work permit expired and then I found out that I could have stayed but the lawyer I spoke to before all this happened didn't find it necessary to give me all my options. Anyways. Long story. Long SAD story.
My partner and I have to try to manage with just him earning.

Pulak

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2010
Doc's Request.
With Application
AOR Received.
10-12-2010
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
14-02-2011 (In Process from 24-02-2011)
Med's Request
05-10-11 (issued on 29-09-11)
Med's Done....
15-10-11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-10-11 (issued on 29-09-11)
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2011
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
Me and my wife got our PR on 2012 and came to Canada , received our PR card and went back to Bangladesh. There on 2013 our child was born. Now on 2014 we came back to Canada permanently with my child(tourist visa for the child). I applied for my child's PR on August 2014. First part of the process is complete, that is I am eligible to sponsor my child. They have send the application to Singapore visa office for further process on September. Do you have any idea how long it will take to complete the whole process? I have already applied to extend my child's visit visa.
Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Pulak said:
Me and my wife got our PR on 2012 and came to Canada , received our PR card and went back to Bangladesh. There on 2013 our child was born. Now on 2014 we came back to Canada permanently with my child(tourist visa for the child). I applied for my child's PR on August 2014. First part of the process is complete, that is I am eligible to sponsor my child. They have send the application to Singapore visa office for further process on September. Do you have any idea how long it will take to complete the whole process? I have already applied to extend my child's visit visa.
Thanks.
That's an "outland" application and you would be better off asking the question in a new thread or the Singapore timeline thread at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/singapore-timeline-t28993.0.html

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
Hi everyone,

It's been long since I logged in last time.. Like everybody else, I just cannot understand why it's taking forever for them to process our applications....It's affecting our lives..
I have a post-graduate work permit valid until February next year, and I really need to get an OWP, but the timeline looks like it's going to be next March before I get AIP..
Because of our situation, I cannot stop working... If I applied for OWP now, (even though it might not be looked at) would I get an implied status and be able to work after my PGWP expires?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hwanlj said:
Hi everyone,

It's been long since I logged in last time.. Like everybody else, I just cannot understand why it's taking forever for them to process our applications....It's affecting our lives..
I have a post-graduate work permit valid until February next year, and I really need to get an OWP, but the timeline looks like it's going to be next March before I get AIP..
Because of our situation, I cannot stop working... If I applied for OWP now, (even though it might not be looked at) would I get an implied status and be able to work after my PGWP expires?
Because you did not submit your OWP with your PR application, you will not get "implied status" regardless of what visa anyone holds. You would have to wait until you get AIP approved before applying for OWP.

Jangley

Nov 26, 2014
Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding maintaining legal status while PR application is processing. I am currently in Canada on an IEC work permit. It was issued at a land border in May however I was only given until Jan 2015, in error. To solve this, I was requested to apply for an extension for my IEC work permit so I can stay for the full year. I am due to send off a PR spousal sponsorship application soon. I will probably not hear back about my extension application until after my IEC expires in Jan. If for some reason my extension is refused, do I have time to then apply to stay as a visitor (while PR application is processing) or will I have to leave Canada immediately upon refusal? Or is there a way I can apply for a change to visitor status beforehand just incase my extension is refused? Do I have implied status if I send a work permit application in with the PR? I am perhaps worrying for no reason as my extension should be approved, but I'd like to have a plan just incase. The more I read, the more confused I get!

Thank you to anyone who may be able clarify this for me.