13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Is anyone having problems with loading anything CIC on the website?

Maybe its the firewall at my work computer

Can someone do me a favor and please give me the CIC - missisauga address. I need to send in my Option C. I originally submit my app to vegriville but it was moved to the missisauga office.

I need that address to mail them my option C

thanks

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
bankerguy said:
Is anyone having problems with loading anything CIC on the website?

Maybe its the firewall at my work computer

Can someone do me a favor and please give me the CIC - missisauga address. I need to send in my Option C. I originally submit my app to vegriville but it was moved to the missisauga office.

I need that address to mail them my option C

thanks
it's not you. it's them

Abyssin

Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now in CTD-Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
Yslandgurl said:
Hi All,

I finally had my landing interview in Ottawa praise the Lord! My interview went smoothly. The officer asked for my husband's 2 IDs and I was asked 3 questions regarding criminal record or offense, dependents aside from what is listed, and if ever been denied application in the past. After answering no to all 3, I heard 'Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada". It was a beautiful feeling! I was given a list of agencies and info on where to get SIN, OHIP, etc and was finished in less than 15 minutes. The wait was longer ( I waited at least almost an hour) than the interview proper! The original PR card will be mailed and it takes about 2-4 weeks to arrive the lady officer said.

Here are some tips I like to share: If you are scheduled at the CIC Ottawa for Interview, pls check online ahead of time where you are coming from in relation to the CIC address because Catherine Street is a busy 1-way street. You don't want to miss the turn to the building parking lot for being in the wrong lane. Also, please come at least 1 hour ahead of your schedule. The parking space next to the building is quite small I guess just for about 50 cars parking. My husband had to drop me by the curve because the parking lot was closed with a 'FULL' sign at 7AM-my schedule was at 8:30am. He got lucky on the next turn at the block when a car left and there was a vacant space at the lot. When I got in at 7am, there was already a line forming. The PR landing interview office is right to your left on the ground floor as soon as you enter the main door. There is another CIC office on the upper floor but that is for citizenship processing only. In my landing interview letter, it was specified that pictures are to be taken at the exact size asked for by the CIC, and most importantly that the photographer does NOT CUT the photos. I was unsure about what it meant and decided to play it safe. I had 2 of the photos cut from the photo paper sheet, and the rest I asked to leave them uncut, with the dates stamped on all the pics. It turned out, the officer cut the photos herself from the 4-picture uncut sheet, I guess to fit the card or something. She returned the rest, including the 2 pre-cut ones.

I am so happy and waiting for my PR card so I can apply for my SIN! Thank you to all of you who have shared information here. It was very helpful in my journey to becoming a permanent resident. So for all those waiting, just keep on hanging on- it is worth all the waiting. We will all get there soon. :)
Here a message of Yslandgurl.

Perhaps it will help you jomarcabiles ;)

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Since you are being asked for additional proof that you have been living with your sponsor, I don't think so, because the AIP is supposed to be this:

Dear xxxx:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

You need to send additional [new] information, not copies of what you've already sent. They are asking for MORE proof.

Good luck!
The CIC most likely asked for it because of how long the processing times are taking, if you think about it is now taking over a year from when you submitted the application until now for them to even read and check the application, a lot can change in the year.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
The CIC most likely asked for it because of how long the processing times are taking, if you think about it is now taking over a year from when you submitted the application until now for them to even read and check the application, a lot can change in the year.
That makes absolutely no sense.

Are you claiming that because of CIC's own [mysterious] delays in processing times, they are asking, in essence, for proof that this couple is still together?

*pfft*

jomarcabiles

Star Member
Dec 7, 2008
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2013
Doc's Request.
01/2014
AOR Received.
05/2013
Med's Request
01/2014
Med's Done....
02/2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2014
LANDED..........
12/16/2014 cic edmonton
thanks yslandgurl....I am so nervous right now...

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
I got the sponsor approval on Nov 10th, and on the same day, my wife got an e-mail requesting for marriage certificate and some additional documents to prove our relationship. We sent them 2 weeks ago via Xpresspost and there is still no response from CPC.

I called the CIC just now to check our status and the lady told me that it will take approximately another 6 weeks for the officer to physically get our package and review them. Why? Because it takes time for the mail to be delivered from their mail room to the officer and officer has 200 applications opened on their desk...

So, after 16 months of waiting, due to lack of evidence, we have to wait (at least) another 6 weeks, which could be 16 weeks because of Christmas holidays. Is CIC asking for additional proofs these days to buy more time? Or are we really lacking of evidence? I was confident that we included all the documents in the original application to prove them our relationship was genuine.

Sigh... :'( :'(

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
JohnnyP said:
I got the sponsor approval on Nov 10th, and on the same day, my wife got an e-mail requesting for marriage certificate and some additional documents to prove our relationship. We sent them 2 weeks ago and there is still no response from CPC.

I called the CIC just now to check our status and the lady told me that it will take approximately another 6 weeks for them to physically get our package and review them. Why? Because it takes time for the mail to be delivered from their mail room to the officer and officer has 200 applications opened on their desk...

So, after 16 months of waiting, due to missing documents, we have to wait (at least) another 6 weeks, which could be 16 weeks because of Christmas holidays. Is CIC asking for additional proofs these days to buy more time? Or are we really lacking of evidence? I was confident that we included all the documents in the original application to prove them our relationship was genuine.

My sympathies Johnny.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
JohnnyP said:
I got the sponsor approval on Nov 10th, and on the same day, my wife got an e-mail requesting for marriage certificate and some additional documents to prove our relationship. We sent them 2 weeks ago via Xpresspost and there is still no response from CPC.

I called the CIC just now to check our status and the lady told me that it will take approximately another 6 weeks for the officer to physically get our package and review them. Why? Because it takes time for the mail to be delivered from their mail room to the officer and officer has 200 applications opened on their desk...

So, after 16 months of waiting, due to missing documents, we have to wait (at least) another 6 weeks, which could be 16 weeks because of Christmas holidays. Is CIC asking for additional proofs these days to buy more time? Or are we really lacking of evidence? I was confident that we included all the documents in the original application to prove them our relationship was genuine.

I am sorry to hear. It is so frustrating.
Granting they needed additional documents ( as cic is known for inconsistencies), i wish they would at least issue owp upon spomsorship approval. Common, like we have waited more than 15 months.
I hope they wont be on a festive mood yet. Only 3 weeks left before The holidays. And then are apps get stuck again in a dark dusty storage area.

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm very happy to shared my good news. I'm August 21, 2013 applicant, AIP received Nov. 20, 2014, and today Dec. 3, 2014 I just got my OWP as of 2:30pm from the mail. Soon i checked the mail, i knew it was OWP and i can't stop jumping and almost slip into the snow and i cried for the happiness and blessings i got today. After 15 months of waiting, this would be a big relief for me. I also just wanna thank to those people who help me out to answered my questions before. Ponga and linden. You guys probably won't remember me but i really appreciated your help. I'm hoping everyone here will get theirs too. Have faith. Stay positive guys. Certaintly, God is good all the time. Thank you again. God bless you all.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
cathrina26 said:
Hi everyone, I'm very happy to shared my good news. I'm August 21, 2013 applicant, AIP received Nov. 20, 2014, and today Dec. 3, 2014 I just got my OWP as of 2:30pm from the mail. Soon i checked the mail, i knew it was OWP and i can't stop jumping and almost slip into the snow and i cried for the happiness and blessings i got today. After 15 months of waiting. I also just wanna thank to those people who help me out to answered my questions before. Ponga and linden. You guys probably won't remember me but i really appreciated your help. I'm hoping everyone here will get theirs too. Have faith. Stay positive guys. Certaintly, God is good all the time. Thank you again. God bless you all.
I'm really happy for you!!!

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
JohnnyP said:

So, after 16 months of waiting, due to lack of evidence, we have to wait (at least) another 6 weeks, which could be 16 weeks because of Christmas holidays. Is CIC asking for additional proofs these days to buy more time? Or are we really lacking of evidence? I was confident that we included all the documents in the original application to prove them our relationship was genuine.

I am very sorry to hear that Johnny P. :( :(