Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
charmainefrances said:
hello friends,

I just like to ask when is the right time to pay for the RPRF?

I haven't paid mine and the 2nd stage of my application is being process ...

Should I pay it now? or should I wait for cic to request it from me?

If I pay it through a financial institution where would I send the receipt? My file is now at Edmonton office. is that where I'm going to send it?

Thank you!
I think you can pay for it anytime especially during 2nd stage. Just make sure you keep your receipt and don't lose it. This way if they ever ask for you to pay for fee despite you paid for it, just fax them the copy of receipt or show it at landing appointment.

Screech339

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
screech339 said:
I think you can pay for it anytime especially during 2nd stage. Just make sure you keep your receipt and don't lose it. This way if they ever ask for you to pay for fee despite you paid for it, just fax them the copy of receipt or show it at landing appointment.

Screech339
Thank you screech! :)

sunflora

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/12/12
AOR Received.
26/01/13
Med's Done....
06/12/12
LANDED..........
19/12/13
Congrats on getting you PR card, Tomorisu...no more of waiting for you now....

I am still waiting for my PR card (landed Dec.19th) and
even waiting for my OHIP as well (applied on Nov.5th)... :(

Tomorisu said:
Thanks, I'm looking forward to see it tomorrow.

By the way, the letter from CIC, a visitor visa, work permit and so on, is usually put in a brown envelope. But the PR card was sent with a white envelope. So, when I found it in the mail box, I didn't expect that it was from CIC. ;D

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
sunflora said:
Congrats on getting you PR card, Tomorisu...no more of waiting for you now....

I am still waiting for my PR card (landed Dec.19th) and
even waiting for my OHIP as well (applied on Nov.5th)... :(
Thanks sunflora!

Until OHIP covers you, is a waiting period UP TO 3 months following your registration? (Sorry, I don't know OHIP well.) If so, you will be covered soon! I guess that your PR card will come around St-Valentine's day. ;)

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
screech339 said:
Congrats on getting a landing date. The end is almost at an end for you. I have updated your status.

Screech339
Thanks, Screech. And thanks so much for doing all the work to keep everything updated.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
Well people, I have been very quiet since I received PR. You can imagine that less anxiety mean less venting of frustration to you all! BUT! THE DAY HAS COME! My PR card arrive today. I look terrible in it, that's how you know it's authentic :)

The journey is done. I can't believe it. Thank you all for your support and love and patience. Your day too will come one day, hopefully sooner than later.

I'll try not to be such a stranger :p

Cheers!

jomarcabiles

Star Member
Dec 7, 2008
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2013
Doc's Request.
01/2014
AOR Received.
05/2013
Med's Request
01/2014
Med's Done....
02/2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2014
LANDED..........
12/16/2014 cic edmonton
Hi guys, i hope someone can help me here.my application was received 4/17/2013 and i received a letter today asking for divorce paper but my husband was never divorce because his exwife doesnt want to sign the papers. Should i just a write a letter saying that we dont have one because his exwife is not signing the papers. And also they are requesting for proof of cohabitation but i already sent our lease agreement from june 2010 until april 2013. Should i also write a letter or call them to let them know or maybe just get a letter from our landlord.

What does this mean? Does this imply that we are far from aip or stage 2.

Thanks

Mimence777

Jul 26, 2013
Hi everyone....I am very happy for everyone that has moved a step further towards the "almost unattainable" goal that we all have. I have been trying to be very patient...but with no avail...I have been checking cic website daily(sometimes more ;D), and this forum, and my e-mail and my mailbox....with the hope that I will receive a DM soon. Nope, nope, and nope.....no DM for me yet. I am obviously unpatient....but also have atrip planned in June that I am really hoping that I will get to go home and see my family after 3 years of waiting :(. Here are my stats....I applied Nov/16/2012.Received AIP Oct/04/2013 and request to re-do my medicals, which they have updated at the end of Oct/2013 that they have received them....so,although, I know we have been through this many times....I was just wondering if anybody had to re-do their medicals, how long did they wait for a DM after....just to calm down my soul a bit LOL :D. If anyone would be kind enough to share their experience in a similar situation...I wish everybody all the best and may all of us soon get the DM/PR card/interview that we are waiting for.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Congratulations , Sounion ......

lecoq

Dec 19, 2012
Hi Mimence777, if you`ve been reading the forums you know how inconsistent CIC is, there are people getting AIP and DM at the same time and then my application that took 13 months from AIP to DM, I was requested to redo medicals and police check because they lost my first one and I saw people that got DM fast they didn`t have to redo medicals or anything, CIC states 8 months for second stage so in your case I dare to say that you should receive news around april but every case is different and we really never know when is gonna happen, a lot of frustation, so a lot of patience !!

I think not to plan a trip unless you have your landing date and even after that you have to wait 60 days (again aprox) to receive your PR card to be able to travel outside Canada unles you are from a visa exempt country, but again, we never know.

sunshine11

Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
March 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi mimence
We are on same boat, I also applied inside canada

Here are my status....

****Sponsorship Application Status****

1.We received your application on March 16, 2013.

2.We started processing your application on March 24, 2013.

3.We sent you a letter on January 12, 2014 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

In progress change to Decision Made (after receiving Medical in email)

Received Medical request in email on January 12, 2014

****Permanent Residence Application Status*****

1.We received application for permanent residence on March 16, 2013.

2.We started processing application on January 12, 2014.

Also have letter for apply open work permit (In email)

Please let me know about your status

***Anyone know how long it will take after second medical

How much I have to pay for Open work permit

How to apply for open work permit...

Please help***

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
Hey guys today I got my AIP and DM the same time I'm very happy.

mikekmk

May 10, 2013
Hi guys,

My wife finally landed today at the Winnipeg office. Appointment was at 1pm and we got there 30 mins early... we left home early just in case something happens on the way there and we for sure don't want to miss the appointment. They called our names to the booth at 1:10pm... the gentlemen who handled our application was really nice. First thing he asked was if we paid the $490 yet if not we can pay there... then he asked us nicely if we had all the documents that they asked for so we gave him everything we had... then he went thru everything and asked the 3 simple questions as everyone else... and that was it... We were told that the PR card should be send to us in 8 weeks. the whole thing took less than 30 mins. We were the only couple there for landing today.

It was a long process... Thank you everyone for the supports...

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Mimence777 said:
Hi everyone....I am very happy for everyone that has moved a step further towards the "almost unattainable" goal that we all have. I have been trying to be very patient...but with no avail...I have been checking cic website daily(sometimes more ;D), and this forum, and my e-mail and my mailbox....with the hope that I will receive a DM soon. Nope, nope, and nope.....no DM for me yet. I am obviously unpatient....but also have atrip planned in June that I am really hoping that I will get to go home and see my family after 3 years of waiting :(. Here are my stats....I applied Nov/16/2012.Received AIP Oct/04/2013 and request to re-do my medicals, which they have updated at the end of Oct/2013 that they have received them....so,although, I know we have been through this many times....I was just wondering if anybody had to re-do their medicals, how long did they wait for a DM after....just to calm down my soul a bit LOL :D. If anyone would be kind enough to share their experience in a similar situation...I wish everybody all the best and may all of us soon get the DM/PR card/interview that we are waiting for.

Hi Mimence,

Our timelines are very similar:
Filed: 27-11-12
AOR: 23-01-13
AIP: 18-10-13
DM: still awaiting

Medicals were completed in Oct. 2012. Police certificate and all fees were submitted with the application in November 2012. No/no request received to re-do medicals. CIC has said file is in order.

Given the current 8 month average for DM issuance, I assume CIC has a bring forward (BF) date on our file for mid June.

"Patiently" waiting for DM.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mikekmk said:
Hi guys,

My wife finally landed today at the Winnipeg office. Appointment was at 1pm and we got there 30 mins early... we left home early just in case something happens on the way there and we for sure don't want to miss the appointment. They called our names to the booth at 1:10pm... the gentlemen who handled our application was really nice. First thing he asked was if we paid the $490 yet if not we can pay there... then he asked us nicely if we had all the documents that they asked for so we gave him everything we had... then he went thru everything and asked the 3 simple questions as everyone else... and that was it... We were told that the PR card should be send to us in 8 weeks. the whole thing took less than 30 mins. We were the only couple there for landing today.

It was a long process... Thank you everyone for the supports...
Congrats on landing and becoming PR. I have updated your status on timesheets. I appreciated getting your feedback on your updates.

Screech339