Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
mrsc08 said:
Hi! When did you submit your application? And did you get an email too of an AOR before?
Hi,they applied on the 12th November 2012!!!!!

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
waitinginanticipation said:
Hello everyone,

Today (Oct 1st 2013 15:48) I received my AIP from CIC. I am assuming it is AIP without DM.

First, My wife (sponsor) received an email stating the she meets the eligibility to sponsor me. Later, I received an email showing that I am eligible to apply for PR.

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.

In order to continue processing your application in Canada further information is required. You
must complete/submit the following information to the Case Processing Centre:
You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and
location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit
please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter
should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the
expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and
Immigration Canada Internet web site at cicgcca or contact the Immigration Call
Centre at the number indicated below.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

I sent in my medicals, out of country police record check and OWP with my application.

Am I being asked to submit everything again? Do I just wait for a DM or request of documents email/snailmail?

Thanks all for your support!!
Hi congrats,hope your DM is not far behind!!!...I applied for days after you so am praying next week will be my turn!!! ;D ;) :D

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
somewhatstressed said:
Caaaaaaaaaar- Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

Just got another email from cic!! Guess who edmonton will be contacting for a landing appointment?

App received: nov 8 2012
Aor: jan 05 2013
AIP: sept 25th (that was the day wasn't it??) 2013
Decision made?: oct 1st (pinch and punch, no returns!) 2013

Location: buzzing metropolis of St Michael (48 minutes up from vegreville (v-town))

It is going to get messy at the one and only bar here this weekend!!!
Lol....congrats!!!...less than a year it took them!!!...they are on a roll!

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
CheshireCats said:
Hey guys,

Wanted to let you all know. My husbands PR was refused last night. We rec'd DM on Sunday, got the letter in the mailbox the next day. :mad:
You can see my timeline beside my name.
We will be seeing a lawyer on Monday regarding this decision that we believe was poorly made and hopefully will be able to fight it. Inland apparently you have so many days to do this.
I wish everyone who is still waiting for PR in this thread the best of luck.
Hopefully I'll have some positive updates for you all!
Am so sorry,this is heart breaking after all the wait and anticipation :'(....I pray that it will work it self out somehow so you can put it behind you and move on with your life!!!.....it's very scary/nerve racking knowing they can refuse your application after all this time!!!....God have mercy!

bethfaint

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-26-2012
AOR Received.
12-21-2012
Med's Done....
10-20-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2013
canadianthrower said:
Wait a sec...Any medical charges incurred while waiting for AIP are refunded when you get AIP? I haven't heard this before. Is this somewhere on the CIC website?
When I spoke to Alberta Health Care all they needed to sign me up was my AIP letter. or your OWP if you have one. Many depend on the province.

um_dunno

May 23, 2013
:) Just want you guys to know, that I happily landed yesterday. And now I feel like the whole new era of my life has began)) Thank you for you support, especially you, screech339 and little patience to everyone who is behind me on the timeline. It is coming)
CheshireCats, I hope your situation will be resolved in your favour. Good luck to you.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
um_dunno said:
:) Just want you guys to know, that I happily landed yesterday. And now I feel like the whole new era of my life has began)) Thank you for you support, especially you, screech339 and little patience to everyone who is behind me on the timeline. It is coming)
CheshireCats, I hope your situation will be resolved in your favour. Good luck to you.
@um_dunno

You're welcome. Glad everything went well without a hitch for you. Now the only last piece of the puzzle is left. The PR card.

Screech339

Feb 28, 2013
update:

after inquiring about the landing appointment for Vancouver office and getting the general answer via email yesterday that it takes 2 to 6 months, I received a phone call from Vancouver office representative today morning, who told me that they sent me a paper mail indicating that the landing appointment is tomorrow at Vancouver Expo blvd location...

my luck that i asked, otherwise i would have missed my landing

@screech, please update the spreadsheet accordingly

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
northvancouverestonian said:
update:

after inquiring about the landing appointment for Vancouver office and getting the general answer via email yesterday that it takes 2 to 6 months, I received a phone call from Vancouver office representative today morning, who told me that they sent me a paper mail indicating that the landing appointment is tomorrow at Vancouver Expo blvd location...

@ screech, please update the spreadsheet accordingly
Congrats on your landing tomorrow. I have updated the sheets.

In case you are not sure where. Their office is located at 200-877 Expo blvd.

Good luck tomorrow

Screech339

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
northvancouverestonian said:
update:

@ screech, please update the spreadsheet accordingly
I will wave at you when you go by (my gym is around the corner from the Expo office and I'll be working out tomorrow morning. :) )

Congratulations on landing!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CheshireCats said:
There are a few errors we believe. Firstly the same guy from local office that refused us requested additional documents (the letter he also sent us that we rec'd on Aug. 22nd was NOT dated) that would allow us to prove H&C considerations before making a final decision. He gave us 30 days to do so. Local office rec'd them well within that time frame. As far as we're concerned he did not receive them or take them into consideration, one or the other. I have Canada post working on an investigation regarding this.
My husband has been on a TRP and OWP for 2 years. That should have helped with overcoming the inadmissibility.

I should have used a lawyer from the get-go but financially it was not possible.
Computergeek has been of more help then I can even imagine in the last couple days regarding our situation and for that I am eternally grateful!

I will let you all know how things go.
Glad you were able to take my advice on contacting computergeek. I figured he has more indepth knowledge regarding negative DM situations. It appears that Judical review is the next course of action. Let us know how it goes.

Screech339

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
computergeek said:
I will wave at you when you go by (my gym is around the corner from the Expo office and I'll be working out tomorrow morning. :) )

Congratulations on landing!
Woah! I used to work at the Starbucks :D Westside Crossfit right? Jay and I used to chat a lot.

As I worked just there and I know a LOT of people asked me where the immigrations office was, Expo is on the other side of Beatty st.
You round the corner at the 7-11, walk towards the bridge, turn at the Miele store and CIC is further down the street before the tunnel.

You can also go through the building and the parking lot. It's the door next to the Starbucks, walk straight to the elevators, one floor down (no keycard needed) and out through the exit of the parking lot. The office should be right around the corner to the right.

Annabell

Jun 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
My hubby just got the email saying he has met the requirements of sponsorship. My AIP isn't here yet though! Hopefully I will update you all on it later.

Great news for all of you on November 16th onwards applicants though as it's getting really close to you now. ;D

Annabell

Jun 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
I was a bit excited then and too quick posting on here. Haha

My AIP is here! OWP to follow.

So so happy right now! :D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Annabell said:
I was a bit excited then and too quick posting on here. Haha

My AIP is here! OWP to follow.

So so happy right now! :D
Congrats Annabell. Let me know when you get your OWP in the mail. I have updated your status on sheets.

Screech339