+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

dawnng

Dec 10, 2011
Hello everyone!

CheshireCats - I'm sorry about your situation, but don't give up, I hope all will be well for you and your husband.

For those who have landed today...

I'm officially declared a PR in Canada from today!

It was such a busy day at CIC Scarborough, so many people are landing there and coincidentally, they are also having the interview for the citizenship...so it was like a party time there today. The process is pretty quick...we arrived at about 7.45am (our interview is scheduled for 8.15am) and already there were a crowd waiting! At exactly 8.15am, they called all those scheduled for the landing interview to go into a room - more like an assembly hall. The officers then issued the landing documents and actually guide us through to check the information printed. After which, we proceed with each and every one being called individually to answer the 3 questions:

1) have you verified that all the details in the document are correct?
2) were you charged or convicted in court?
3) is your husband who is sponsoring you receiving some form of social welfare?

With that, you initial on the documents and signed off...and the officer sign off...and you are good to go!

It took us less than 10 minutes to finish all that.

Oh my...what a relief!

Congratulations to all those who have received good news and all those who have landed!~
For those we are waiting...really don't feel left out, your turn will be next.

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
Hi guys

I'm still waiting for my PR card but we r going to Oregon for the weekend I live in Vancouver, my question is should I bring the PPR or a copy of it, I remember the officer saying to keep the PPR in a safe place but I don't know if at the border a copy is just fine?
Please if anybody knows or what did u use when going out of Canada would appreciate your input. Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi everyone,

I updated timesheets to reflect other status (unexpected news), such as Negative DM and application withdrawn. I will not remove them as their status can change pending results on efforts of affected applicants. CheshireCats' DM can change to positive due to judicial review and Jiggy could get his application back in queue based on that application was mistaken withdrawn by his wife. I haven't heard from him officially so unless I heard otherwise, he plan to re-apply outland.

@qosmio

I will add you to the sheet tomorrow morning.

screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Karito said:
Hi guys

I'm still waiting for my PR card but we r going to Oregon for the weekend I live in Vancouver, my question is should I bring the PPR or a copy of it, I remember the officer saying to keep the PPR in a safe place but I don't know if at the border a copy is just fine?
Please if anybody knows or what did u use when going out of Canada would appreciate your input. Thanks
Bring your COPR with you to show at border as proof of PR. They will let you back in. Just don't lose it. I think when they say to keep it in a safe place, I assume they meant after you get your PR card. They are also assuming you won't be travelling anywhere until your get your PR card.

screech339

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
esthersun said:
Hello, we sent our application almost at the same time, so keep in touch and update your good news^^
Hi esthersun,

Will do for sure 8)

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
Has anybody else tried logging in today to check the status of their application? I've been unable to log in. The website keeps timing out on me. Not that it has ever worked very well.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
canadianthrower said:
Has anybody else tried logging in today to check the status of their application? I've been unable to log in. The website keeps timing out on me. Not that it has ever worked very well.
Yeah it does it to me as well.. May be a bug or something!

Jul 28, 2013
mrsc08 said:
Hi! When did you submit your application? And did you get an email too of an AOR before?
Hey mrsc08,

My wife (sponsor) got an email regarding the AOR and AIP. All I got was the email about them starting my PR application.

Heres, my timeline:

Application received - Nov 13th 2012
AOR Received - In process - Jan 9th 2013
AIP received - Oct 1st 2013
DM - N/A
Landing Date - N/A

Hope this helps!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
waitinginanticipation said:
ECAS works now, I think atleast for me! Lol

But, they have not yet updated my ECAS about sending the AIP.
They are pretty slow with the updating on ecas I'm thinking. Has anyone found out if ecas works on iPads yet?

Doe123

Apr 15, 2013
northvancouverestonian said:
update:

after inquiring about the landing appointment for Vancouver office and getting the general answer via email yesterday that it takes 2 to 6 months, I received a phone call from Vancouver office representative today morning, who told me that they sent me a paper mail indicating that the landing appointment is tomorrow at Vancouver Expo blvd location...

my luck that i asked, otherwise i would have missed my landing

@ screech, please update the spreadsheet accordingly
We are now even more concerned; as it's now been 10 weeks since DM, and we continue to not have received any letter in the mail, no response by email, nothing.

What did you (and tatey) put in your emails besides your inquiry about the general timeline; did you add more then just your full name and UCI number? How long did it take to get a response? We are not even sure if they have our phone number on file if they wanted to call us.

Doe123

Apr 15, 2013
Doe123 said:
Is it possible we may just be able to call or email the call centre to set-up an appointment ourselves with the immigration office in Vancouver? I ask this do to several reasons that would lead me to believe this may indeed be a possibility. To start, tatey had an email (requesting a general timeline) forwarded to the Vancouver office and they unexpectedly called to set-up an appointment. And we received an automated message immediately after emailing them with a note that "If you are requesting an appointment at the local CIC office, we will only respond to your enquiry if it falls within the existing reasons for an appointment"; adding to the speculation. I also thought to have read something elsewhere on the internet about this possibility, but didn't pay much attention to it at the time.
Does anyone have any knowledge about this possibility?

Jaimeirl

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-12-12
AOR Received.
22-1-13
Med's Request
24-10-13
Med's Done....
Nov 12 and 18-11-13
LANDED..........
11-06-14
Line.a said:
They are pretty slow with the updating on ecas I'm thinking. Has anyone found out if ecas works on iPads yet?
I used to be able to do it on my iPad,but for the last few weeks it just times me out as soon as I log in,it's my excuse to ring them and inquire about my app haha ;D

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Congrats to everyone who has heard great news!! so exciting.

I was just wondering why eagerbeaver and waitinginanticipation's dates for AIP aren't on the spreadsheet?

aadhalla

Apr 19, 2013
Hello,

I had my landing interview scheduled for today October 2nd. I was told that my medicals expired on July 31, 2013. I got the DM letter on April 2013 and on May 2013 i received a letter from the Calgary office that my landing date is scheduled for Oct 2nd.
The Officer told me that she will try to get an extension otherwise i will have to redo the medicals. They will send me their decision by mail and also reschedule the landing date.
Is this normal?? I find it very weird. Please advice.
Thanks!