INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nairaboy said:
I was just wondering, is it possible tht when ur file in ecas just says Application received and not in process then it may be transferred or not! What do u think guys, just wondering on ecas still says in process and also at what time frame wld one know If a file is been transferred!

Cheers
Some people have experienced no update in ecas, no correspondence until they receive there letter saying the decision has been made.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
wolanila said:
Some people have experienced no update in ecas, no correspondence until they receive there letter saying the decision has been made.
Wolanila, when I saw your name as the last post on the thread I was hoping that it would say DM! Your turn has got to be soon!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rusty53 said:
Wolanila, when I saw your name as the last post on the thread I was hoping that it would say DM! Your turn has got to be soon!
Nope maybe tomorrow. Although it would be nice I am not expecting anything. There are alot of people before us who have not received DM yet.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Spuh_dyna
How did CIC notify you that your file was transferred to the local office. What do you think would cause it to be transferred? Were you out of status when you applied? Did you claim any other immigration status in the past?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jiggyzealous said:
@ Spuh_dyna
How did CIC notify you that your file was transferred to the local office. What do you think would cause it to be transferred? Were you out of status when you applied? Did you claim any other immigration status in the past?
I have a friend who's file was transferred to local office because they left one of his dependents off of the application. They just wanted to verify that they knew the consequences of that action and gave him AIP and an open work permit right at the interview.

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ Spuh_dyna
I received an Email and letter.

No out of status, no criminality issues, nothing of that sort and i Do not know why it was transferred....Beats me!...I would love to find out :)

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
Perhaps you can call CIC and inquire?

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
So it's been a week since my DM letter and no word from Scarborough. Almost over now ;-)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Spuh_dyna
based on what I got from your post below is that your case is finished processing. And you dont have to worry about anything. I got to understand that all files are transferred to the local office once a decision has been made and not only when they want to interview you. The next letter you will get from the local office is to come in and finalize your application- that is to sign off on your PR. As long as a decision was made you are ok. From what I have seen also on this forum, a decision maybe is always the final approval not denial. I am going to bet you $200 canadian dollars that your case is done and they will contact you only to come into the local office to finalize your application. looking at your timeline if they had transferred your case fr an interview that transfer would have done long before now

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ Spuh_dyna
based on what I got from your post below is that your case is finished processing. And you dont have to worry about anything. I got to understand that all files are transferred to the local office once a decision has been made and not only when they want to interview you. The next letter you will get from the local office is to come in and finalize your application- that is to sign off on your PR. As long as a decision was made you are ok. From what I have seen also on this forum, a decision maybe is always the final approval not denial. I am going to bet you $200 canadian dollars that your case is done and they will contact you only to come into the local office to finalize your application. looking at your timeline if they had transferred your case fr an interview that transfer would have done long before now
:) thanks. I really hope I get a response soon. It so nerve wrecking! my spouse did medicals in Jan/Feb 2012. Im not too certain if medicals are valid for only one year. If they are, then he may have to do it again. I do hope for a speedy journey and positive outcome for you as well :)

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
Watchie said:
Hi spuh_dyna, just trying to tell u r not the only one with the transfer file dilemma, we have applied since November 2011 and still waiting, just found out after all this wait that my file transfer to etobicoke without AIP which we are still in first stage, my wife and I want to start a family but we are hesitant because I can't work although I'm sitting on a bachelor's degree which is very frustrating. Ive heard it's not positive when they transfer files to local office without AIP, makes me wonder about this system here. We live in Mississauga and honestly I'm so ready to take her with me and we continue our lives Kingston where I know I can use my contacts and get a job for her there. We are just at the end of our wits. Contacting our MP and we just get the same answer "file is transferred for further assessment" dear god help us.
Hey! I'm so sorry but im actually just seeing this now! my Spouse has two degrees and wants to work desperately. I know it is hard but just keep the faith. May I ask, did you send your medicals shortly after/before the application was sent? As well as the Police Record? I sent the complete application so I was a bit surprised when my file was transferred before AIP.

Regards,

Spuh

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Spuh_dyna said:
Hey! I'm so sorry but im actually just seeing this now! my Spouse has two degrees and wants to work desperately. I know it is hard but just keep the faith. May I ask, did you send your medicals shortly after/before the application was sent? As well as the Police Record? I sent the complete application so I was a bit surprised when my file was transferred before AIP.
Normally, pre-AIP transfers are related to issues or concerns about the sponsor. This can include potential bars to sponsorship (e.g., prior sponsorship, residency obligation concerns, criminality issues that might bar sponsorship) as well as relationship concerns ("marriage of convenience"). They describe this in IP 2 the inland processing manual for in-Canada spousal applications - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
computergeek said:
Normally, pre-AIP transfers are related to issues or concerns about the sponsor. This can include potential bars to sponsorship (e.g., prior sponsorship, residency obligation concerns, criminality issues that might bar sponsorship) as well as relationship concerns ("marriage of convenience"). They describe this in IP 2 the inland processing manual for in-Canada spousal applications - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf
Thank you for your response Computergeek. I am happy to say that in regards to section 5.28 under IP2 (bars to sponsorship), this does not apply to me. No criminality issues either. I am Ready (in fact, anxious) for an interview, if needed.

Thank you for the link!

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Anyone know how long for Scarborough landing interviews?

smarties786

Aug 31, 2012
Hey Everyone!

Quick question. I received an email today saying that "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent
Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly."

Subsequent to this, my wife received another e-mail saying the following:
"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent
resident status.
Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.
You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and
location of your choice. "

Does this mean that our processing is complete? Both step 1 and step 2? Also, does this mean we will be called for an interview? After this letter, about how long does it take to be contacted by the Scarborough Office?

Thanks!!