Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
So how's everyone doing?? I haven't checked the forum in a while. There's been lots of activity.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buzybee said:
So how's everyone doing?? I haven't checked the forum in a while. There's been lots of activity.

Hi Buzybee. Time flies so fast. It's been almost 5 months since CanEd, you and I sent our applications. My ECAS still says in process. I heard forum people from July 2011 already getting their AIP/DM early last week. :)

johanna

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
johanna125 said:
Hi Buzybee. Time flies so fast. It's been almost 5 months since CanEd, you and I sent our applications. My ECAS still says in process. I heard forum people from July 2011 already getting their AIP/DM early last week. :)

johanna
I just realized that the other day. I think the first couple months are hard but now I'm more relaxed. I think it being summer is helping! ;D . I do still have my panic moments where I think I didn't send enough haha. How's the wait going for you? Any easier?

Mine also just says in progress. Nothing new, no changes. That's exciting that they are on July already!!! ;)

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
mine still same. Received your application. no in progress.
:'( :'( :'( :'(

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
jbel said:
mine still same. Received your application. no in progress.
:'( :'( :'( :'(
don't worry. it doesn't seem like their priority is updating online information (i.e. and started processing day is still April 30, 2011......)

just enjoy the summer! Who knows, maybe 1/2 of cic is on vacation, thats why things are a little slow. At least you can go outside and enjoy the sun and distract yourself! 8)

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi buzybee and jbel. Just a quick question.

When your sponsor accesses ECAS, he sees 2 things, right? One is the status of the sponsorship application and the other is the status of the PR application. Where do you see in process? Is it on the sponsorship application or is it on the PR application?

thanks

johanna

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
johanna125 said:
Hi buzybee and jbel. Just a quick question.

When your sponsor accesses ECAS, he sees 2 things, right? One is the status of the sponsorship application and the other is the status of the PR application. Where do you see in process? Is it on the sponsorship application or is it on the PR application?

thanks

johanna
Hey Johanna,

In process is under the sponsorship application. The pr application just says application received.

Hope that helped.

Buzybee

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We just applied for my wife's extension of stay last week. The online process was quick and pleasant :)

lollka

Apr 17, 2012
Visa Exempt Inland Application (Australia)

Hi All,
hope you are all well :D.

I deleted my original post in another category of this forum as I have found some further information, however would appreciate some clarification as I have a few queries which are more specific to this forum :-D... if some folk can please advise that would be great...??

Hubby and I have been married since 2007 with 4 beautiful children. Hubby is a Canadian Citizen and two of our eldest children are able to apply for citizenship with myself and our youngest two needing to go down the route of residency etc. We eat, breath, live and raise our children together too, pretty well much a 'normal' marriage for want of a better phrase LOL and currently reside in Australia! We were married in Australia, live in Australia and our children were born in Australia.

Given that Australians are Visa Exempt, if we arrive in Canada and we submit our INLAND application for my husband to sponsor us as he is the Canadian one... would I and two of our children still need to leave and re-enter canada after 6 months?

OR

because our application would be submitted for my husband to sponsor us are we able to remain in Canada until a decision has been made as to sponsorship/PR etc?

Not sure if any others who are visa exempt that are already IN canada could elaborate, appreciate the feedback and insight :-D.

Its all very confusing!

Thanks,
Lollka

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If u r from a visa expt country most people here would recommend that u apply Outland because Outland is usually faster and u have the right to appeal. Being frome a visa exempt country u don't need a visa to come and visit Canada and u can apply for an extension of ur visit. I have heard that most people in Canada with a pr application in process are usually granted an extension and it is usually extended for the amount of time it would take to process ur pr app. If u decided u wanted to apply inland if u submit a open work permit with ur pr app u r allowed to stay in Canada unroll it application is or application is finished being processed and a decision is made. I'm no expert just say it like I remember it. Hope this helps a little

lollka

Apr 17, 2012
Hi There,
Thanks so much for your reply, it all makes sense and certainly helps :-D

We considered the outland route Vs inland route. Hubby is originally from Edmonton and just wants to get back home (altho it won't be Edmonton!)

As for the OWP, do I need to ask them to process it after PR has been processed (approved) or do I just leave it as is and include it with the PR application?, any thoughts on that one. Others have done either?

Thanks again for your time, much appreciated :)

wolanila said:
If u r from a visa expt country most people here would recommend that u apply Outland because Outland is usually faster and u have the right to appeal. Being frome a visa exempt country u don't need a visa to come and visit Canada and u can apply for an extension of ur visit. I have heard that most people in Canada with a pr application in process are usually granted an extension and it is usually extended for the amount of time it would take to process ur pr app. If u decided u wanted to apply inland if u submit a open work permit with ur pr app u r allowed to stay in Canada unroll it application is or application is finished being processed and a decision is made. I'm no expert just say it like I remember it. Hope this helps a little

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would send ur owp with ur pr app and pay everything up front. We did that because we just wanted everything to run efficiently and smoothly. An agent also said that implied status works because of applying for the owp. Not really sure on the accuracy of that statement because different agents some times say different things and this will happen at any call center. But I feel that what the agent told me was accurate and true and it made sience to me. I also herd of some people applying for it once first stage is approved. The way I look at it is if ur going to apply for it anyway why not get it out o the way right now and if for some reason first stage is not approved u will receive a refund for the owp. Just some of my humble thoughts

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yay!!!! Just received an email that CIC received our app on march 2 2012 and now have a client identification number. I now realize why it took so long for some reason I got my days mixed up and thought that we sent it in February. I'm such an idiot lol. Gozo can u kindly change the chart to the correct representation I apologize for the confusion.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why ecas can not find me in the system? To early?

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
Hi All,

Been a while since I checked this as my wife had a baby (our first) three weeks ago! Hope the waiting is going okay for everyone. The year is flying by, it won't be long until things start moving for all the 2012er's so sit back, relax and enjoy the great summer weather.

Wolanila - yes it takes some time for ECAS to display the status after you get your email. Don't worry it will be along soon.

Lollka - I am in Canada, from a visa exempt country on a work permit. I applied for my OWP with my application for sponsorship. What this means is that once approval in principle (meaning your spouse has been deemed eligible to sponsor you) is received, you will obtain an OWP. However like Wolanila said - if you are from a visa exempt country I would apply outland - this was not possible for me! But it is a much quicker process 4 months as apposed to over a year!

Best of luck and enjoy the summer!